• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If the games were reversed

Still complain?

• They'd say it was improved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They'd still complain about change

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
yup. because people (for the most part...I SAID FOR THE MOST PART) don't care for reboots/major changes to the already established series.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I think it's silly to debate over the whole DmC vs DMC thing. It's obvious - and intended - to showcase that both sides of the franchise were created in different parts of the world.

Asian games are never going to be like Western games, it's just a fact of life. And the cool thing is that we, as consumers, can pick whatever game we'd like to play. And that's that.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I remember I made a thread like this once upon a time on what if new Dante was the Dante we'd have for DMC1-4 with his DmC style of character and all.
One interesting thing Berto said was that he'd gotten into the series because of Dante's white hair and long coat look, as it was for a whole lot of people back in the day. Back then, new DAnte's look would've been passed over like that because he looks much too generic. Maybe when people played the game itself they'd change their mind but as it stood back then, new Dante's clothes and look would've been ignored along with the game. Meanwhile the white hair and long red coat was an eye opener for some and drew in some attention because of how out of place it was. Back then anime was JUST starting to be big in the North, so a character with white hair and a blood red coat and a giant sword would get tons of attention back in the day then a dude with black short hair, a leather hooded jacket and long sword.

But say classic Dante was the reboot Dante and the TGS trailer of 2010 was of classic Dante with his cheesy style. Not only would fans be shocked of this sudden change of style, but they'd also be a bit annoyed as well. Because by the time this Dante would appear in 2010, people would say it copied Inuyasha, Ragna, Archer, and others. This Dante's character would quickly be called cliche because of how anime like it was and drastically different from the realistic character of the black haired one. And then keep in mind that the gameplay of DmC would be in this reboot called "DMC1" while the classic series of "DmC" would have not only DMC1's old gameplay, but also the gameplay of DMC2-4, the mangas, action figures, anime, novels, comics, and all that.

TO me either way someone's gonna bitch.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
No, we can't, unfortunately. When DMC4SE ends up selling the most this summer, DmC2 will never see the light of day.

I like your positivity. :D

Dude, I would sell my kidney for a DmC sequel, but for now, I am just quite satisfied that DmC, my favorite hack and slash adventure, is coming to PS4 and it's going to be better than ever.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
there are people who complained about anime influences with current american cartoons/comics plus there were people who complained about "Nipponization" in the Witchblade and Marvel animes, granted some of them were bad (looking at you Marvel Mangaverse ), so im sure they would have complained.

Meg

This thread is ultimately pointless and reeks of trying to start something. And since most of the comments in this thread are pointless, I see no reason to keep it open.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom