• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If only the HD Remake was a true Remaster Edition.

VergilNeroDante

Now I know alot of you guys here have bought and played most if not all the DMC games (not including the reboot). Now as the HD version has been out for quite sometime now, I myself just can't seem to enjoy it like I could back in he day. Though remakes are nice but serious Capcom should have at the very least redid all the games. Similar to that of Halo Anniversary, with actually remastering the game and seriously giving the game an well deserved upgrade. I'm not here to bash on the remake but I can only say it was lazy and not done properly and should have been released later with in the later years.

Upgrading each game to that of the play style of DMC 4 with possible improvements would have been better alongside the fact remastered graphics, character design, more fluent combat system along with canceling out of any combo to avoid being hit to better overall feel and look to the games.

Usually I know that remakes are fun but to me it feel like another day playing a game that's been in the past with nothing to prove rather than upgraded visuals and its annoying. At least they could have given Vergil his own real levels and a possible hidden boss fight with Mundus but no. The remake could have been so much better and I could honestly say I would still be playing it right now even more, it's just now it's not fun anymore and I can't even play two missions before getting bored, which really upsets me.

I really wished these games would have been a remastered edition rather a remake with real/better features.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Now I know alot of you guys here have bought and played most if not all the DMC games (not including the reboot).
No, I've played the reboot.

Now as the HD version has been out for quite sometime now, I myself just can't seem to enjoy it like I could back in he day. Though remakes are nice but serious Capcom should have at the very least redid all the games. Similar to that of Halo Anniversary, with actually remastering the game and seriously giving the game an well deserved upgrade.
Halo was bound to sell, capcom wasn't going to spend the time and ca$h building the game from the ground up, remodeling, designing, recoding, or adding to the 'em if they weren't going to get their investment back and them some with absolute guarantee, and that wasn't the case. DMC doesn't sell like Halo.

I'm not here to bash on the remake but I can only say it was lazy and not done properly and should have been released later with in the later years.
Time and ca$h, bro, never ganna happen. I wish they'd done that but...

Upgrading each game to that of the play style of DMC 4 with possible improvements would have been better alongside the fact remastered graphics, character design, more fluent combat system along with canceling out of any combo to avoid being hit to better overall feel and look to the games.
I suggested a style change for DMC3 and someone almost bit my head off for it. I don't know why improvements would be a no no but apparently they are.

Usually I know that remakes are fun but to me it feel like another day playing a game that's been in the past with nothing to prove rather than upgraded visuals and its annoying.
I think that's what people wanted out of this.

VergilNeroDante

Well I know dmc wouldn't have been up to Halos standard but I can dream. Nothing is wrong with improvement and if you dot like it there is always the dusty ps2 in the closest to entertain. I just wish Capcom had the money to do so.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I was never expecting the HD collection to be any good. I knew that it would be just HQ patches and a few touches on gameplay and difficulty. All in all it was a pretty poor HD remake.

seraphmaycry

Now I know alot of you guys here have bought and played most if not all the DMC games (not including the reboot). Now as the HD version has been out for quite sometime now, I myself just can't seem to enjoy it like I could back in he day. Though remakes are nice but serious Capcom should have at the very least redid all the games. Similar to that of Halo Anniversary, with actually remastering the game and seriously giving the game an well deserved upgrade. I'm not here to bash on the remake but I can only say it was lazy and not done properly and should have been released later with in the later years.

Usually I know that remakes are fun but to me it feel like another day playing a game that's been in the past with nothing to prove rather than upgraded visuals and its annoying. At least they could have given Vergil his own real levels and a possible hidden boss fight with Mundus but no. The remake could have been so much better and I could honestly say I would still be playing it right now even more, it's just now it's not fun anymore and I can't even play two missions before getting bored, which really upsets me.

I really wished these games would have been a remastered edition rather a remake with real/better features.

i disagree with changing the battle systems, for dmc3, at least (dmc1 would have been nice t have a new weapon or moveset or reason to actually USE the sparda)

cancelling out of any combo would be to forgiving on me for getting myself into something with a long start up.

and, yeah, the graphics need an improvement, dmc1 was so dark(quite literally, i couldn't see what was happening at all in a few bits)

i also don't mind vergil recycling Dantes levels, i would have updated his combat for sure if i had the chance.

maybe i would have given vergil a new DT system, or perhaps a style, or added a second ranged weapon, maybe allow the player to use dantes styles (excluding swordmaster and gunslinger) with vergil? im sure doppelganger would be cool.

if there is one bit of the "HD" collection that sucked, it was the difficulty being toned down, i know that logically, if i can no damage a boss then i can fight without getting hit for an extended period of time, but, i still feel like i'm cheating or something, even if the difference is slight, i just don't feel right claiming to have "beaten" DMD mode.

also,capcom sould have removed heaven and hell mode, cheap-ass gimmick

VergilNeroDante

True while Vergil could of bad his own thing going on, I feel cycling through his weapons and using the same thing over and over seemed about boring. They could of implemented so much into him. Without I doubt since Dante had million stab they could of given Vergil his million slices from UmvC3, his level three hyper combo. Implementing that into the DMC universe would give Vergil alittle more combo based attacks.

Overall I think they should have made him and possibly created styles similar to that of Dante's but to fit Vergils style of play.

seraphmaycry

True while Vergil could of bad his own thing going on, I feel cycling through his weapons and using the same thing over and over seemed about boring. They could of implemented so much into him. Without I doubt since Dante had million stab they could of given Vergil his million slices from UmvC3, his level three hyper combo. Implementing that into the DMC universe would give Vergil alittle more combo based attacks.

Overall I think they should have made him and possibly created styles similar to that of Dante's but to fit Vergils style of play.

i don't know, might be interesting to have that.

honestly, i prefer the idea of giving him more crazy combos and opportunity to buffer an attack.

seraphmaycry

Sure but I wouldn't mind a more badass Vergil

maybe his lines are kindof lame (utterly horrible) but i doubt they could incorporate a decent character into someone who spent an entire game going "powepowepowepowepowerpowaaaaaAAAAAAAAA"

his moveset... i don't know if vergil actually has any thing to complain about, his moves are all effective and have a good purpose and his summoned swords can can cover multiple styles (launching swords is doppelganger, sortof. spiralling swords does damage and builds style at close range, swordmaster. and the abnormally high damage for a gun in devil may cry acts a gunslinger. spiral swords is also a great defensive move, like royalguard is great for defence)

give him crazy combos and buffers, and hell, i don't have a complaint.

i have power at a range, i can easily stun, i have high damage, i have crowd control.

i have dodging defense, quick switch defense that lets me change between offense and defense instantly and aggresive defense.

i have all the fundamentals and abilities required to survive and have fun with amazing combos.

mind-blowingly perfect, as far as i care, anyway.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
All I would change is bring in DMC4's style switching add enemy types and bonus levels and add the mundus fight for Vergil making it playable.

Last edited:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
My only problem with the HD collection is the PS3 version where the voice and video sync is out on DMC and DMC3.
If DMC2 was so bad, why was it the only game that appeared to be remastered properly.
(I contacted Capcom and they told me it was my PS3... but other people have had the same problem. So I just play the games and don't watch the cutscenes.)
But it did feel pretty half-a$$ed (and a teeny bit lazy). I'm just glad they released it for the 360 (at least that version works even if it's not remastered to the full).

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I just see it as CAPCOM's bid to please the fans of classic who were annoyed at the existence of DmC and cut any potential losses. Like me.

However, they screwed up the HD something funny. The difficulty has been changed, the lighting effects were a throw off in some part and places, and some had sync issues with V.O.... so distracting, if not disappointing. They could have done a LOT better by the HD edition. Seriously.

But then they could have done a lot better by the DMC3 : SE, couldn't they.

Top Bottom