• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Capcom made a weapon-based fighting game...?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How would you picture Capcom making a weapon-based fighting game?

Take a look Namco's Tekken & Soulcalibur. And SNK's King of Fighters & Samurai Shodown.

They got Street Fighter. So why not they have a weapon-based one? Street Fighter was about one seeking the path of becoming a true martial artist. The Satsui no Hadou as part of it.

What about a franchise's story is about how to wisely use a weapon to protect and not to kill? I would picture it taking place in the modern century. Like the old weapon fighting game - Battle Arena Toshinden.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Actually, that's similar to the idea I had -- create a fighter based off of their characters like in Marvel vs. Capcom, but this time, leave out the Marvel.

Both a 2.5 and a 3D Soul Calibur-type game would be fine.

-------------

Your idea is better, though. All the fighters must be equipped with some sort of melee weapon.

• DMC
  • Onimusha
  • Mega Man ZX (they had the most melee weapons in that series)
  • Breath of Fire
  • Monster Hunter
  • Sengoku Basara
  • Strider
  • Ghosts and Goblins
  • Okami

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
There is already game like this. Its called Onimusha Blade Warriors. Sadly it wasn't particularly well made.
banner_568.jpg

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
a devil may cry fighting game would suffice, it has enough characters to make one fighting game, and it can be weapon based

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I think they should just make a Power Stone 3 with more Capcom characters, but as a die-hard Soul Calibur fan and life-long SNK enthusiast, I wouldn't object to a weapon-based Capcom game.

I'm all down with what @Vergilius mentioned, especially in terms of Onimusha, but other characters I think should be included are:
  • Hogar from the Final Fight games (with his classic pipe)
  • Frank West from Dead Rising (with some crazy melee weapon)
  • The Arisen from Dragon's Dogma
  • Ryu from Breath of Fire
  • Hayato from from Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword (if anyone even REMEMBERS that game)
  • The Hunter from Monster Hunter
  • killer7 from Killer7
  • RAD Spencer from Bionic Commando
  • Vanessa Z. Schneider from P.N.0.3
  • Shantae from...Shantae
  • Kou's Robot from Gotcha Force!
And as an unlockable...Scrooge McDuck from the Capcom DuckTales NES game, using his cane to beat the living sh!t out of the other players.

Now that I'm done with my pipe dreams and wishful thinking, I'm going to continue playing the excruciating game of screaming at Namco Bandai to hurry up and make SoulCalibur VI before I decay into old age.

Top Bottom