• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for a live action DMC movie?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd probably cut the Sprouse twins but these sugesstion work. I don't feel we need them once we have Howard/Pryor. Unless Howard/Pryor are their stunt doubles?

Same with Eva/Trish- why do we need two if they never share a scene?

I don't mind V's pick but I'm on the fence about keeping him. I saw concept art of Vergil as a human summoner so i'd just do that instead.

@Ronin

Howard and Pryor are actors and the Sparda twins will age at their adult ages.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Howard and Pryor are actors and the Sparda twins will age at their adult ages.
I get that but Dante starts the series as an adult anyway. This isnt DBZ where you have a ton of kid/teen adventures to explore. Even with 3 i could see them aging Dante/Vergil up to 25 instead of staying 19. Unless you're gonna adapt the reboot or add in some kid/teen adventures for Dante/Vergil, I don't see them bothering with it.

That approach works for Legend of Zelda. In Ocarina of Time there are segments where Link is 10 and others where link is 17. So if they don't change that I could see them getting two different actors.

Even if we did @AgentRedgrave's idea and incorporate DmC and a younger Dante etc, Id just have the Sprouse twins grow into their roles than switch them out for Howard/Pryor.

V's the exception but I'm not too sure I'd keep him.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Where would you want a Devil May Cry live action movie to start at?

DMC3 with Dante or DMC4 with Nero?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Where would you want a Devil May Cry live action movie to start at?

DMC3 with Dante or DMC4 with Nero?
I'd probably start with Dante and go from there. I'd probably do an adaptation of 3 and 1 with a bunch of new plots set during the gap between 3 and 1. One of those 3 could be an adaptation of either the 1st light novel, the reboot, or the manga.

Top Bottom