• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I would like to pose a suggestion?

aka958

Don't trust people
Angelo Credo;263900 said:
Well, if you have an issue with someone, that's what the PM system is for, use it, don't let it spill out onto the boards, but the point we're trying to get across is that you guys have to become mature enough to learn when to back away from arguments when they become too heated or aggressive.

Not to sound rude or something, but that isn't a part of being mature in my opinion. Sometimes arguments can't be swayed, asking someone to step back when it is about something you value high you can't just back down, that's almost inhuman.

To be mature would be not to let other people in on the argument and hold it between the ones who are arguing, not mixing in the forum or other people. When you can back away then you do it, but if you can't atleast hold it between the ones who are arguing.
You could also argue with maturity, not letting rage take over, try to be understanding and try to get your point across without being offensive.
But this is all my opinion though. Don't hurt me! *hides*

moseslmpg

aka958;263902 said:
Not to sound rude or something, but that isn't a part of being mature in my opinion. Sometimes arguments can't be swayed, asking someone to step back when it is about something you value high you can't just back down, that's almost inhuman.
If an argument is leading nowhere, then the smart thing is to withdraw from it once your points have been made. If it is something that you value strongly, then it shouldn't matter if someone else refuses to agree with you. Some people refuse to agree because it is hard to admit they are wrong and there is nothing you can do to change their minds. Nothing about that is inhuman or even impossible.

It is mature in the sense that if a child starts arguing with an adult, and the child are obviously wrong, the adult is the one who will back out and allow the child to remain ignorant. Now, it does imply a kind of arrogant self-righteousness, but it is more like a mechanism to preserve one's own sanity.

Meg

I think the point the staff is trying to make here is that some things just aren't worth fighting over. There have been COUNTLESS times someone on here has said something I thought was ignorant/rude/offensive/stupid/what have you and I didn't say anything because I didn't feel like fighting with some random person I will never meet over what they believe. I've only rarely stepped in and argued and if I do I pull out after making my point whether the other person agrees or not. Some things just aren't worth it and identifying which is which is muy importante. :)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
We encourage the use of private means to discuss an issue with someone - be it VM's, PM's, email, MSN or whatever. The only times this is a problem for us is when it either dominates a legitimate thread or when it is reported by a member and we have to step into a previously private affair to level it out.

If it's in threads, it makes the forum look like Facebook, which is not what we want. That's when we have to jump in and put a stop to it, where possible. If you can keep your disagreements off the main boards, that would help enormously - we all can't get on all of the time, and the staff respect and understand that. We're the same. But if we can all try to not let our rages pollute threads and posts that EVERYONE, including guests and search engines, can see then that would be most helpful.

Top Bottom