• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Wanna Know Something

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Anybody here are DMC1 Purists? If there are, please respond.

Anybody here hate DMC3 and DMC4? Is it because of the anime bishounen approach? Any other legit reasons why you guys hate it asides from the anime-cliche approach?

Please explain to me in full detail why you disliked DMC3 and DMC4 and why DMC1 and even DMC2 have original vibes.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Anybody here hate DMC3 and DMC4? Is it because of the anime bishounen approach? Any other legit reasons why you guys hate it asides from the anime-cliche approach?

Please explain to me in full detail why you disliked DMC3 and DMC4 and why DMC1 and even DMC2 have original vibes.

Aw crap. I wish you wouldn't do this to me.

I only like DMC3 for the gameplay. If DMC1 were remade with DMC3's mechanics, then there would be no reason for DMC3 & 4 to even exist. ^_^

MigsRZXAStylish

Aw crap. I wish you wouldn't do this to me.

I only like DMC3 for the gameplay. If DMC1 were remade with DMC3's mechanics, then there would be no reason for DMC3 & 4 to even exist. ^_^
I'm doing no harm on you, pal.

I know, right?

I just wanna know since there is already one; I get the feeling there will be more of them...

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4

I don't hate DMC3-4, I hate the anime route that they took, I still love the "over the top cutscenes."

I used to like DMC3 alot until I played DMC1 for the for time last yr and read the DMC1 novel a couple of weeks ago.

I dislike the anime vibe because out of all the anime/manga in the world they use Inuyasha(Still enjoy the show and manga) and Bleach(Everything about it is terrible). Thanks to those animes, most of the stuff in DMC has been watered down like the Underworld going from dark and scary looking to light and less spooky even the enemies have taken a hit

compare the following

250px-Abyss.gif

Nobody_DMC.jpg

^^Those guys gave me the creeps.

Now tell me which of these high ranking demons actually look menacing.

To be Continued

MigsRZXAStylish

I don't hate DMC3-4, I hate the anime route that they took, I still love the "over the top cutscenes."

I used to like DMC3 alot until I played DMC1 for the for time last yr and read the DMC1 novel a couple of weeks ago.

I dislike the anime vibe because out of all the anime/manga in the world they use Inuyasha(Still enjoy the show and manga) and Bleach(Everything about it is terrible). Thanks to those animes, most of the stuff in DMC has been watered down like the Underworld going from dark and scary looking to light and less spooky even the enemies have taken a hit

compare the following

250px-Abyss.gif

Nobody_DMC.jpg

^^Those guys gave me the creeps.

Now tell me which of these high ranking demons actually look menacing.

To be Continued
It's good you don't hate DMC3 and DMC4 which I'm glad you do; you just hate the anime vibe to them. I can understand your point clearly, DarkSlayerZero.

I think the Nobodies look more menacing than the Abyss. I wonder from what creature from what anime Abyss took from?

Yeah; I liked DMC1 for its classic demon horror feel. Why can't later, even the reboot, DMC games have that same horror vibe?
I was kinda startled when the Marionettes first appeared in combat. At first I was "Now I got the key, let's get outta here and open that locked door." until a Bloody Mari threw a knife on me but not hitting me and it went "Give the key back..." and began attacking me, but not without a fight. I knew something was up with those puppets...
You got a point there. The demons in DMC1 don't just look menacing but sound menacing too, especially the bosses! And I really loved DMC1 Dante the most, like you!

EDIT: Take your time. I wanna hear more. It felt like DMC1 and even DMC2 had something original.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Dante

I highly dislike DMC3-4 Dante because he lacks that vulnerableness that DMC1/Novel Dante had.

I like seeing characters struggle for their lives and ultimately being broken at times, its easy to relate to them, its one of the reasons I like Guts and Griffith from Berserk.

To me the novel/DMC1 did a much better job at bringing out Dante's human side than 3.

In the novel he shows sympathy for an opponent that had been transformed into a monster but he uses sarcasm to cover it up.

In 1 he shows some concern for Griffon and anger when Mundus betrays and kills him and when Mundus "kills" Trish.

In 3 he's joking around with everyone for no logical reason almost no other emotions are displayed

sure DMC3 Dante cries but that only lasted for an extremely short time and then he's back to annoy mode again.

To be Edited

MigsRZXAStylish

Dante

I highly dislike DMC3-4 Dante because he lacks that vulnerableness that DMC1/Novel Dante had.

I like seeing characters struggle for their lives and ultimately being broken at times, its easy to relate to them, its one of the reasons I like Guts and Griffith from Berserk.

To me the novel/DMC1 did a much better job at bringing out Dante's human side than 3.

In the novel he shows sympathy for an opponent that had been transformed into a monster but he uses sarcasm to cover it up.

In 1 he shows some concern for Griffon and anger when Mundus betrays and kills him and when Mundus "kills" Trish.

In 3 he's joking around with everyone for no logical reason almost no other emotions are displayed

sure DMC3 Dante cries but that only lasted for an extremely short time and then he's back to annoy mode again.

To be Edited
So what you're getting at is... Dante in DMC1 had more emotion, an actual personality than DMC3. Right?

Dante

To be Edited

I have to agree with all you said.
Even though I'm not personally (by this I mean preferences) attached to the behaviour DMC3 Dante had,it's all part of the character development just like in DmC. This transition from the man he was and how he became.And age it's also something that made it more believable.
DMC4 Dante.I don't have anything to say.He's not my favourite Dante unfortunately.They destroyed the essence Dante had in DMC1.
As I said in some previous posts,Dante is the type of guy to put on a facade so he won't show his emotions and feelings.That's why he's shown to be the cheerful type.I think he tries to forget about the sorrow he experienced with his mother and brother's death.I truly think this because many people do this..even I.

Also,there is this difference between the species.Dante is a half-demon,who lives in the human world.And he's quite the show-off.Now we can't expect him to act like a normal human being at all.

And,besides this.He is supposed to be an iconic video game character.Many people expect him to act like a badass.
Some people may choose to like characters who are skilled and who posses traits and values that those people in reality don't posses because they represent all the things they want to be...Like taking them as a role-model in life for example.
Or other may like characters who they can relate to or those who are like them and see them put in different circumstances.

And then again,there's nothing wrong in it.

MigsRZXAStylish

Even though I'm not personally (by this I mean preferences) attached to the behaviour DMC3 Dante had,it's all part of the character development just like in DmC. This transition from the man he was and how he became.And age it's also something that made it more believable.
DMC4 Dante.I don't have anything to say.He's not my favourite Dante unfortunately.They destroyed the essence Dante had in DMC1.
As I said in some previous posts,Dante is the type of guy to put on a facade so he won't show his emotions and feelings.That's why he's shown to be the cheerful type.I think he tries to forget about the sorrow he experienced with his mother and brother's death.I truly think this because many people do this..even I.

Also,there is this difference between the species.Dante is a half-demon,who lives in the human world.And he's quite the show-off.Now we can't expect him to act like a normal human being at all.

And,besides this.He is supposed to be an iconic video game character.Many people expect him to act like a badass.
Some people may choose to like characters who are skilled and who posses traits and values that those people in reality don't posses because they represent all the things they want to be...Like taking them as a role-model in life for example.
Or other may like characters who they can relate to or those who are like them and see them put in different circumstances.

The only Dantes I like are DMC1, DMC3, and DmC.
Yeah; I'm glad Dante from DMC3 and DmC developed as characters. DMC3 Dante becoming DMC1 Dante and DmC Dante becoming a better Nephilim.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i just feel as if DMC1 has more menacing devils and (for its time) a better story than DMC3,4,and DmC. it had that of silent hill meets resident evil kind of feel to it. and then to top it off, the whole fact of being a gun for hire makes everything that much more better. i do wish DMC1 was remade with DMC4's graphics and DMC3's mechanics but i can't complain.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Bleach(Everything about it is terrible)
Ahem... while I won't hold that against you (I almost never watched Bleach except maybe twice) I will say that it kind of bothers me that you would dismiss each and every aspect of the show like that -- a lot of the features in the show (monster-slaying, an alternate world to explore, high school life, etc.) are in Persona 4 as well.

If you hate P4 because of that (whether it be the anime or the game) then that's fine. Just know that whatever your opinion of it, P4 isn't as bad as Bleach, and I don't think Bleach is as bad as... "generic anime #368".

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
DMC4 Dante.I don't have anything to say.He's not my favourite Dante unfortunately. They destroyed the essence Dante had in DMC1.

As I said in some previous posts, Dante is the type of guy to put on a facade so he won't show his emotions and feelings. That's why he's shown to be the cheerful type. I think he tries to forget about the sorrow he experienced with his mother and brother's death. I truly think this because many people do this..even I.

Also,there is this difference between the species.Dante is a half-demon,who lives in the human world. And he's quite the show-off. Now we can't expect him to act like a normal human being at all.

1) If they actually explained this in the game I'd be ok but they didn't at least Kamiya and the book explained it with DMC1 Dante(I don't consider that guy from 3 as the same guy).

2) DMC1 Dante was a show off and I like it because its only in small doses and not 50% of the game.

Ahem... while I won't hold that against you (I almost never watched Bleach except maybe twice) I will say that it kind of bothers me that you would dismiss each and every aspect of the show like that -- a lot of the features in the show (monster-slaying, an alternate world to explore, high school life, etc.) are in Persona 4 as well.

If you hate P4 because of that (whether it be the anime or the game) then that's fine. Just know that whatever your opinion of it, P4 isn't as bad as Bleach, and I don't think Bleach is as bad as... "generic anime #368".

Never played persona but I like some of the boss themes.

Bleach is ass to me because every fight is pretty much the same, the MC can't win a fight without a DEM powerup happening, way too many characters with zero development, and more.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Never played persona but I like some of the boss themes.

Bleach is ass to me because every fight is pretty much the same, the MC can't win a fight without a DEM powerup happening, way too many characters with zero development, and more.
All valid reasons, of course. While there are at least more than a few anime tropes in P4, you'll find more often than not that it offers something solid in terms of story and characterization. And yes, the boss themes do kick ass. :cool:

MigsRZXAStylish

Playing DMC1 in the HD Collection again. And I really have felt the horror feel in it.
One of my most fav thing I'd like to do there is juggling the Fetish. Alastor High Time and then blast away with Ebony&Ivory giving me from Dull to Absolute rank in a flash!
i just feel as if DMC1 has more menacing devils and (for its time) a better story than DMC3,4,and DmC. it had that of silent hill meets resident evil kind of feel to it. and then to top it off, the whole fact of being a gun for hire makes everything that much more better. i do wish DMC1 was remade with DMC4's graphics and DMC3's mechanics but i can't complain.
You got that right, Jak. DMC1 is quite original (in terms of the vibe) even though it started as a scrapped Resident Evil 4 game idea...\
Yeah; I too wished DMC1 was in the graphics of DMC4 with DMC3's mechanics (I think the MT Frameworks engine works well with that, don't you think so?)

seraphmaycry

Playing DMC1 in the HD Collection again. And I really have felt the horror feel in it.
One of my most fav thing I'd like to do there is juggling the Fetish. Alastor High Time and then blast away with Ebony&Ivory giving me from Dull to Absolute rank in a flash!

You got that right, Jak. DMC1 is quite original (in terms of the vibe) even though it started as a scrapped Resident Evil 4 game idea...\
Yeah; I too wished DMC1 was in the graphics of DMC4 with DMC3's mechanics (I think the MT Frameworks engine works well with that, don't you think so?)

my bad nvm

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DMC1 in my opinion had more style to it with its horror and just straight up slashing. The stylish moves weren't really in there as much and was just straight up hack n' slashing all the way with some cool elements added. Plus the enviornment may have been blamd, but it was also darkly creepy.

DMC3 and DMC4 just lacked that and traded it all for anime-like places and bishonen fluff.

DmC was more like any other B action movie with special affects.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I'm not a DMC 1 purist and and Migs probably knows that i also love DMC 3 to death in terms of gameplay and it's characters. The whole bishounen thing didn't really bothered me since this is supposed to be Dante way younger than he is in DMC 1 and DMC 3 still retains that castlevania like environment but the atmosphere might feel different to some people.

But meh, people won't complain if the anime vibe that DMC 3-4 would like from Berserk.

MigsRZXAStylish

I'm not a DMC 1 purist and and Migs probably knows that i also love DMC 3 to death in terms of gameplay and it's characters. The whole bishounen thing didn't really bothered me since this is supposed to be Dante way younger than he is in DMC 1 and DMC 3 still retains that castlevania like environment but the atmosphere might feel different to some people.

But meh, people won't complain if the anime vibe that DMC 3-4 would like from Berserk.
I kinda understand the DMC1 purists, Sieghart... Yet the thing I didn't like about some is sending Reuben Langdon hate mail, according to one of his interview. He even said that DMC3 is a DMC1 reboot, which may have upsetted them.

DMC3 still has the best gameplay mechanics of all DMC though. It still one of my fav DMC games. :)

Top Bottom