• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I think Vista is better than 7

Is Vista better than 7 in your personal opinion [don't go by the stats i know dx11 and stuff]

• Win vista is overall better looking and easirer to use then Win7

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Win 7's new features are a treat for me so its more easier for me to use

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Win vista sucks its an abomination

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Its just my personal op okay people are all like Yeah Win7 rocks its great and calling vista an abomination is just wrong because Win7 is just like vista there is no excuse other than DX11 i don't really think there is a major improvement

Honestly ppl i think Vista looks and works way better than 7

07082b61-bf9b-46c6-8de4-fb334ce96ee3_15.png
its sleek and smaller as it should be and the words are more readable then 7
windows-7-classic-look.jpg
This isn't an improvemet it seems bigger is and the words are white and the worst part is when you highlight it the words are unreadable the quick launch is absent the "show desktop" is at right which i never use and the new taskbar features aren't any use for me

and the vista's light blue highligher on folder's is much much better than 7's blue color

The control panel is fu*cked up vista's control panel is more user friendly then 7's

The start menu is again complicated and not so easy to use as vista

And again i don't get why people hate vista so much even though Win7 is just a rehashed version of vista

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I do agree with you that Vista looks better, but for some reason, whenever I go on a computer that has it, it seems to run very slowly... Which is probably a personal issue, but that's just my luck with Vista. Windows 7 seems to go a lot faster.

I don't choose one over the other, but in at least my experience, 7 runs faster and takes up less memory.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I do agree with you that Vista looks better, but for some reason, whenever I go on a computer that has it, it seems to run very slowly... Which is probably a personal issue, but that's just my luck with Vista. Windows 7 seems to go a lot faster.

I don't choose one over the other, but in at least my experience, 7 runs faster and takes up less memory.

Yeah you're actually right but if you have more than 2 gb you won't notice a difference i have 4gb ram and in my system Both OS runs at the same speed i recall when i had vista on my notebook it was pretty laggy it always gave me this icon
scaled.php
every two seconds because it couldn't utilize the resources it demanded more memory Win7 also needs 2GB but for some reason it can utilize the resources the Pc has but overall its just better to buy extra Ram then upgrading to 7 because with 4GB ram and recent updates Vista is equal to 7

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah you're actually right but if you have more than 2 gb you won't notice a difference i have 4gb ram and in my system Both OS runs at the same speed i recall when i had vista on my notebook it was pretty laggy it always gave me this icon
scaled.php
every two seconds because it couldn't utilize the resources it demanded more memory Win7 also needs 2GB but for some reason it can utilize the resources the Pc has but overall its just better to buy extra Ram then upgrading to 7 because with 4GB ram and recent updates Vista is equal to 7

See, I want to buy a bit of extra RAM for my current computer, which has two gigs. How do I get external RAM though? I'm not tech savvy in the least bit...

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
See, I want to buy a bit of extra RAM for my current computer, which has two gigs. How do I get external RAM though? I'm not tech savvy in the least bit...

Very easy to fix RAM i've seen my own pc getting built

I've removed it and fixed it its just like a big memory card

images

The socket should be exactly like this >>
images

you can buy them any time in a retail PC branded shop or online http://www.amazon.com/PC-Memory-Computer-Add-Ons-Computers/b?ie=UTF8&node=172503

Just open your Pc make sure one socket is free then just jack it up you're ready to roll ! windows should automatically detect hardware if not just go to my system rating and refresh the list and it should say "New hardware detected"

i brought kingston 4GB Ram :D its actually cheap to build your own pc

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Very easy to fix RAM i've seen my own pc getting built

I've removed it and fixed it its just like a big memory card

images

The socket should be exactly like this >>
images

you can buy them any time in a retail PC branded shop or online http://www.amazon.com/PC-Memory-Computer-Add-Ons-Computers/b?ie=UTF8&node=172503

Just open your Pc make sure one socket is free then just jack it up you're ready to roll ! windows should automatically detect hardware if not just go to my system rating and refresh the list and it should say "New hardware detected"

i brought kingston 4GB Ram :D its actually cheap to build your own pc

Alright! Thank you. ^_^

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Fun fact: Windows Vista and 7 are the exact same operating system. The only difference is slightly tweaked visuals.

It's all a marketing ploy, folks. We won't get a truly good operating system from Microsoft like Windows XP ever again. Windows 8 included. The visuals are all they care about these days.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Fun fact: Windows Vista and 7 are the exact same operating system. The only difference is slightly tweaked visuals.

It's all a marketing ploy, folks. We won't get a truly good operating system from Microsoft like Windows XP ever again. Windows 8 included. The visuals are all they care about these days.
and all the changes from xp to vista really bothered me expecially the lack of SAM >:O
no more rofl copter goes soi

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
and all the changes from xp to vista really bothered me expecially the lack of SAM >:O
no more rofl copter goes soi
Well i can't relly see any difference between Xp and vista other then the fact that Xp is outdated and kinda dull looking everything works almost the same with the "My" everywhere

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Well i can't relly see any difference between Xp and vista other then the fact that Xp is outdated and kinda dull looking everything works almost the same with the "My" everywhere
XP is better because it has microsoft sam :D

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
haven't used 7.
I've got vista and XP, but I prefer XP... seriously.
My laptop with vista is a real pain in the butt to run.... i've had to have it reinstalled once... the XP...brilliant :D

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Most of the differences are evident under the hood in how the operating system is put together. Remember how with XP, so many programs couldn't even install on Vista when it was first released? That's a pretty good example of the type of differences I'm referring to. Yes, they both have start menus. Yes, they both have "My Documents" and "My Computer" and what have you, but they are fundamentally different in terms of the registry, how they handle windows tasks, and how they install programs.

The only thing they seem to care about is making the design as sleek as possible; seemingly to compete with Mac OS. Now it's all about those annoying docks and welcome centers that pop up when you first install the OS. I'm not saying it's Microsofts fault, it's just kind of a shame that that's what people look for in an operating system these days.

Fun fact: Microsoft actually did not make Vista or 7, it was a project by a 3rd party which was released under their company name.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
at least, win 7 dont annoy me with updates every days.

Wow great i feel i don't have to get updated everyday for vista plz forget the past too xp was just like that when it was launched it was also a resource hog why you people make a fuss about it now it is as better as 7 and yet you all deny that WHY ?

ZeroLove

Hipster. ;P
I prefer Windows 95 over ANY of the new ones. HAH!

No, but seriously, I found Vista to be too buggy and it really tore on my computers' memory. W7 just seems lighter and more pleasing, but that's just my opinion. ^^

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Never used 7, and after my intial problems with Vista when I first had them - which are now taken cared in 5 minutes should I format again - I have no worries with them.

Top Bottom