• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I think Vista is better than 7

Is Vista better than 7 in your personal opinion [don't go by the stats i know dx11 and stuff]

• Win vista is overall better looking and easirer to use then Win7

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Win 7's new features are a treat for me so its more easier for me to use

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Win vista sucks its an abomination

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I more open use win 7 than Vista, what IMO was bugged and faster getted undeletable viruses and spyware. And yeah I use legal win 7 :)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hipster. ;P
I prefer Windows 95 over ANY of the new ones. HAH!

No, but seriously, I found Vista to be too buggy and it really tore on my computers' memory. W7 just seems lighter and more pleasing, but that's just my opinion. ^^

Well its truth if you have a laptop with vista HP you're going to be in trouble but if you have 4 GB of ram you don't need to upgrade and btw am i the only one who thinks that WIN7 kinda resembles xp ??
images
images
The new taskbar interface layout of 7 is overly complicated and most of the time i don't really use the new features like shake spin whatever that is
Fun fact: Windows Vista and 7 are the exact same operating system. The only difference is slightly tweaked visuals.

It's all a marketing ploy, folks. We won't get a truly good operating system from Microsoft like Windows XP ever again. Windows 8 included. The visuals are all they care about these days.

You're right i am pretty much disappointed as for new features win7 is just a BIG disappointment it just makes the interface more complicated for me to use its just stupid if appearance matters that much then why don't they just give us appearance and layout updates ?? why label it as new OS whereas its the same content with new visuals ? its all DLC stuff

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
XP ftw.

I have Vista and still hate it. Steve has 7 and prefers it to Vista but if I could go back to XP I would. I lost a whole heap of stuff thanks to Vista patches either not being available or not working.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
XP ftw.

I have Vista and still hate it. Steve has 7 and prefers it to Vista but if I could go back to XP I would. I lost a whole heap of stuff thanks to Vista patches either not being available or not working.

How much Ram do you have ? and which version you had of vista ? and what do you mean by heap of stuff ?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I have literally no idea what I've got on my computer in terms of RAM. It's just a factory laptop - my old computer was an XP one and when I transferred all my stuff over to my Vista laptop, a lot of it would not open or function properly because it was not Vista compatible. Also, none of my peripherals that relied on XP to run would work with Vista, even with the patches. The patches themselves at the time were either broken or could not be installed. My external HD would not work with Vista because the patches were not available and so all my work kept on there was unable to be accessed. I had a lot of OPD to PDF files for my job - over 1500 of them, each 1-3GB in size - and I could not get into them once I transferred the files over to my Vista-using laptop.

I'm sure by now things would be working but it's a little too late seeing as I doubt my boss wants work that is 4 years beyond deadline. Vista felt like it had been rushed out without preparing for the necessary patches to be working properly beforehand. I know we get that sort of thing with gaming all the time but when it comes to a computer OS, it's unacceptable. People need things to be running smoothly immediately, not hunting around the internet for patches that may or may not work.

As for the version of vista, I've just got...vista. I dunno what sort - the start-up screen just says Windows Vista Home Edition.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Home Edition.

He he its funny cos my brother had vista home basic the computer was provided by the company he was working for it only had 2GB of ram and it was year hmm.... 2009 he never had any problems as i recall and idk why people bitch around so much about vista even though its just better than xp in every way

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well I can say that Vista hates any of our old PC games. It refuses to play them or crashes them a few seconds in... games that XP or 7 have no issue with. I disliked its look from the start and otherwise it seems to take much longer to do anything and is constantly asking for permissions. Do you really want to open this folder? Are you sure? Like, REALLY sure!!? Etc. I can't stand Vista. Which is why I still use XP on my tower. No problems, no excessive loading, no permissions crap all the time. Just my personal preference/prejudice.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
At least 7 works.

They may effectively be the same OS, but Vista is/was such a buggy, horrendous pig of an operating system that every computer I've worked on that runs it, I've wanted to set fire to. 7 has never actively denied me basic god damn user functionality either, so it wins several hundred thousand points right there and then.

I fail to see exactly what's so complicated about 7's interface either, I like it, 7's been less of an overbearing annoyance to work with than Vista.
Seriously, a plague on Microsoft for releasing that garbled mess of an OS.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
At least 7 works.

They may effectively be the same OS, but Vista is/was such a buggy, horrendous pig of an operating system that every computer I've worked on that runs it, I've wanted to set fire to. 7 has never actively denied me basic god damn user functionality either, so it wins several hundred thousand points right there and then.

I fail to see exactly what's so complicated about 7's interface either, I like it, 7's been less of an overbearing annoyance to work with than Vista.
Seriously, a plague on Microsoft for releasing that garbled mess of an OS.

What annoyances and bugs ?? plz tell me ! man its the pile of garbage you ppl make it out to be

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
What annoyances and bugs ?? plz tell me ! man its the pile of garbage you ppl make it out to be

Hoo boy here we go.

- Inability to install any drivers that are unsigned, that is, the people who made the drivers haven't ponied up the cash to get them "tested". That made various fixes and working with older hardware a nightmare.
- God damn bloatware.
- Performance with anything relating to files, while it seems petty, copying and deleting anything on Vista takes an unnecessarily long time.
- The fact that for a good, long while, to get anything done in regards to file operation, you had to dive into the command line, which Vista also had a damn annoying habit of trying to keep you out of it. At least it did to me, with warnings like you'd give a child. "Use of command line can cause irreversible damage blah blah blah".
- Unexpected crashes.
- Frequent hard lock ups.
- Loss of data because Vista goes and decides "No, I don't want you using that particular piece of software today."
- Frankly catastrophic system errors on some systems I've seen, you would not believe the amount of BSODs I've seen just because Vista bitches about old drivers.

The only reason I ever ran Vista on any of my machines in the first place is because a couple of the games I played at the time refused to support XP.
Then 7 came out, by christ was 7 ever accompanied by a descent of angel song.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
^ The crashes! It's true.

The only time I was forced to use Vista (my bf has it on his laptop but I never use his computer unless I really have to and that's mainly because of Vista) was when I was a trainee CAD Designer, and the boss had Vista installed on the new machines we used stuff like Vectorworks on. Frankly Vista was a liability because I was afraid of losing my work all the time with it, AND I was constantly having to go to him and ask him to give permissions to move files and programs around the system.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hoo boy here we go.

- Inability to install any drivers that are unsigned, that is, the people who made the drivers haven't ponied up the cash to get them "tested". That made various fixes and working with older hardware a nightmare.
>this problem only occurs in 64 bit versions and as for me i've updated it to the latest drivers without any problems
- God damn bloatware.
>What program ?? what bloatware ? i don't get it
- Performance with anything relating to files, while it seems petty, copying and deleting anything on Vista takes an unnecessarily long time.
>it doesn't its the same ! i have vista&7 vista Ultimate and 7HP you must have lots of viruses if its slow
- The fact that for a good, long while, to get anything done in regards to file operation, you had to dive into the command line, which Vista also had a damn annoying habit of trying to keep you out of it. At least it did to me, with warnings like you'd give a child. "Use of command line can cause irreversible damage blah blah blah".
>command line ?? what why do you need that ??
- Unexpected crashes.
>Its fixed in the recent updates it shouldn't crash anymore if it does its just your bad luck
- Frequent hard lock ups.
>Now this is Rare
- Loss of data because Vista goes and decides "No, I don't want you using that particular piece of software today."
> again never happened to me
- Frankly catastrophic system errors on some systems I've seen, you would not believe the amount of BSODs I've seen just because Vista bitches about old drivers.
>you really have a bad copy of vista that's what it seems like because as vista is now its almost equal to 7
The only reason I ever ran Vista on any of my machines in the first place is because a couple of the games I played at the time refused to support XP.
Then 7 came out, by christ was 7 ever accompanied by a descent of angel song.

7 is not much of an improvement for me and it seems like a waste of money for me

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ Dear god, I cannot imagine the horror of being forced to use something as resource intensive as Vectorworks on something as bloatware and crash happy as Vista.

You sincerely have my sympathies, I think that'd have drove me to the brink of insanity.

---

@Donte.

Right then:

->this problem only occurs in 64 bit versions and as for me i've updated it to the latest drivers without any problems

It's still a problem, and a significant one at that. Also, just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.

>What program ?? what bloatware ? i don't get it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bloat

>it doesn't its the same ! i have vista&7 vista Ultimate and 7HP you must have lots of viruses if its slow

I beg to differ. Yes, some people's machines I've worked with have picked up viruses. Mine have not, I'm not so foolish as to go and pick up viruses.

>command line ?? what why do you need that ??

Working with a friend's machine, I've been forced to access the command prompt in order to get anything done with his system files, I don't know why, nor can I offer a reasonable explanation beyond the ever present dictatorship of Vista.

>Its fixed in the recent updates it shouldn't crash anymore if it does its just your bad luck

One update ain't gonna fix all the crashes.

>Now this is Rare

Debatable.

> again never happened to me

Once again, just because it hasn't happened to you, does not mean that the issue is non-existent.

>you really have a bad copy of vista that's what it seems like because as vista is now its almost equal to 7

All copies of Vista are bad copies of Vista as far as I'm concerned, I've had infinitely more problems with that OS than I have with 7, I still have more problems with Vista than I do with 7 and I'll continue to rank and recommend 7 much more highly than I ever would Vista.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
^ Dear god, I cannot imagine the horror of being forced to use something as resource intensive as Vectorworks on something as bloatware and crash happy as Vista.

You sincerely have my sympathies, I think that'd have drove me to the brink of insanity.

EDIT:

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bloat

Oh that ! yes its a +point for 7 that it can utilize the resources to it prime but it is a minimal problem for me as i don't clutter my HDD with unwanted softwares so that they would get clogged up unnecessarily

>It's still a problem, and a significant one at that. Also, just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.

Still as an average user i didn't have any signing problems :D

>I beg to differ. Yes, some people's machines I've worked with have picked up viruses. Mine have not, I'm not so foolish as to go and pick up viruses.

well i just assumed as you said its damn slow in file transferring

>Working with a friend's machine, I've been forced to access the command prompt in order to get anything done with his system files, I don't know why, nor can I offer a reasonable explanation beyond the ever present dictatorship of Vista.

I've never done that soo its not much of a problem

>One update ain't gonna fix all the crashes.

It must and it has fixed all the possible crashes and bugs

hard lock ups these are really RARE i dare say almost non-existent !

Loss of data is also debatable it never happened to me only thing it was unable to do was system restore

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'm not forced or something i already said i have both of them and vista isn't as bad as you all people make it out to be

My initial comment in that post was directed at Lexy, you hadn't posted by the time I'd drafted that up. I've now edited that post to account for your replies to my statements.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I'm not really technical minded, I'm just happy with what I'm used to.
I was happy with XP but then I got new computer and had Windows 7, it's kinda the same to me but all I do is press the on button then click and internet explorer button then I'm happy ^^
Don't know if there's any difference, except the Start button, I miss my Start button.

Top Bottom