• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

i need help......

Should i help him?

• Yes, you should

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No, it's not your business

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
my best friend for like 9 years hhas changed so much since he started likeing this girl..i dnt recognize him..and i'm losing him...he's a lot darker and more depressed.....andn ow he's started drinking...and doing drugs....and smoking cigarettes....please...he's only 16...im begging u for help....he won't listen to me....i need advice with how to deal with this......please ppl...what should i do?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
wow...seriously...no answer...thanks a lot guys...i just lost my best friend....u admins can lock this stupid thing up...i dnt care anymore....

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
I'm sorry that I didn't catch this thread to help you out man...I lost a good mate to a woman not too long ago.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I'm sorry GGC (I hope you don't mind me putting that).
The trouble is with friendships, when a member of the opposite gender comes along, it doesn't do anyone any good. I lost a friend (not like that) when she met her fiance. She changed. A LOT. The friendship ended.
She drank, took drugs, and started self harming. She got more selfish too.
When she wanted to go for a trip to see other blokes, she would say that she was in town with me. (And thats with a fiance!)
I'm not around on the forums when this was posted.
I am sorry, i doubt that this would help you, but every friendship has a strain put on it.
We were friends for nearly nine years.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
You left it for 2 hours, when most people on the forum are asleep and you start moaning about people not replying?

You just tell him that you're worried, that he should stop and he needs to grow up. Then let him make his own mistakes.

Lithyia

The Last Goodbye~
Fight? o.o;

I kinda agree with what Vauxchen said though. Friends are gonna come and go, and if they wanna get into things that might screw up their life later on, then let them make that mistake.I just think its really stupid for someone to change so much over a guy/girl they most likely won't get married to them from high school and just abandon the best friend that only wants what best for them. >> I was in that situation before, but it was junior high lol..it just took a little counseling and some sense smacked into me to get back on track. That probably doesn't help though x_x;

I don't wanna sound negative about the whole thing but..if you really care about whats with him, talk to his parents about it, or a counselor. Or anyone else that's close to him that would worry about him too. Don't try to handle it on your own. It just sounded like you gave up easily though since the topic wasn't up for that long :/..

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
didn't give up....he just exploded and won't talk to me civilized anymore.....and if i talked to his parents he would be very suicidal..i know cuz he told me

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I hate to say it, but if HE were a true friend, he would listen to you. I have had friends who listend and fixed their problems, and I have had a fair share of those who did the complete opposite of what I said have one has recently screwed up her life forever. As a friend you can encourage him and give him advice, but really he is the only one who can get off his ass and say, "I need help and I need to fix this."

Sadly, I admit... I have given up on people. Why? Because it began to take it's toll on me. I didn't want to live my life inside an invisible cage with someone who thought if they suffered everyone should suffer. No. I refuse to live my life with someone with that sort of mentallity.

I did all I could to tell people to get help and that things are not always surved to them on a silver platter, but I might have just been better off talking to a brick wall...

It's your choice if you want to be there. You see him as a friend, but from what I read he sadly seems like he doesn't see that. If he wants to suffer, then suffer. Make your bed and lie in it.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I understand and agree with some of what Vi-Rainbow said. I mean, you put yourself out there and push yourself to the extremes, and sometimes your efforts don't have any effect, and you get fed up and throw in the towel.
BUT.
Your course of action depends on how much you value your friendship, and your friend, GamblingGambit. Genuine friendships don't happen over night. A person's true colours only come out when they are being challenged. Your friend is obviously being challenged on emotional levels. You are being challenged, too. Are you going to step up to the plate and do whatever it takes to help your friend? If you're going to back out halfway into the deal, rather not try help him at all. He'll resent you for it. Trust me, I'm talking from experience - and no, I wasn't the one doing the helping, I was the one in a hellhole.

So, basically, everybody needs that ONE person who would stick to them, no matter what. Who won't judge them, or cast them aside, or give up on them, come what may. You need to evaluate yourself first and really ask the question - do you care about him enough? How much? Enough to not turn your back when he throws your kindness back in your face? Enough to take a bullet for him, if it came down to it? If you don't, just have your say and leave him be. If you DO, the only way you'll be able to help him is by sticking on his side through every single step of hell he has to endure and brings upon himself. Lecturing doesn't help, believe me. I'm not saying you should start doing everything he does, you need to stay strong in that aspect, but just hang with him. Let him know you're there. Sooner or later, he's going to realize you're the only one that hasn't abandoned him, and he'll come around enough to actually ask you for help. It might take a while, but you'll eventually get there.
Hope that helps, if any.

Top Bottom