• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just wish....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
that the original series had gotten more closure. Am I the only one who wanted to know Nero's origins? Or see one last return of Vergil? And have a conclusion to DMC2? I'm willing to give the reboot a chance, but I think they should have had at least one more game. It just feels odd that they end a series right as so many potential storylines become availible. There was so much more they could have done, and instead they just started over. I am not bashing the reboot, but I just feel its timing isnt very good.

Do you think the series should have had more closure or are you fine with them just starting over again?

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
It needed an ending, imho. DMC still had a good two or three games to close it off with. I was really curious about Nero, but he got dropped, just like Lucia.

moseslmpg

Who says that they have ended the series? I am of the opinion that DINO is just a standalone one shot deal, and that Capcom will still be developing the real DMC5.

But as Vergil would certainly assure me, that hope is nothing but foolishness.

It would have been nice if we had gotten a Vergil sideseries or a PSP miniseries at least.

Given the popularity of the real DMC, I doubt Capcom will be abandoning it anytime soon. If they do, then woe to them.

Meg

Capcom's timing is off with a lot of DMC things. Nero came in at a bad time. I like to think the real series will return in some form. Maybe this new game will bomb? I don't a return to the good old days though...

moseslmpg

Another reason I think this isn't DMC5 is that Inafune said they were listening to fans on DMC5, and A. this game has basically nothing of what fans asked for and B. this game has been in development for 1.5 years.

Meg

^ Where'd you hear it has been in development for that long? :O

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
Huh I guess I never thought of this as just a standalone type thing. Thanks for reassuring me, moses. Sure hope it's just a standalone though. I hope youre right.

Chrysander

Blatant. There were many other options to suit fans of the franchise

1) Set the game before DMC3 and show what happened to divide Dante and Vergil in the first place (they grew up together we know, then split before DMC3)

2) Set the game after DMC3 and show Vergil in Hell going after Mundus and becoming his slave.

3) Set the game after DMC4 and either just focus on Dante now, or Nero, or have Vergil come back some how, or just as a bonus character...

I personally don't care about Nero, would be happy for him to not come back. I was just as irritated by DMC4 as I am about this new DmC, it just was not the same game, it was casual not hardcore like DMC3 or Godhand.

If the old Dante is so crappy and boring, why is it that he's the character that continually appears in other games everywhere?! People loved him as he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom