• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just need to clear this up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante does have three different forms. A human form, an angel form and a demon form.

@GamblingGambitCloud - I was just making points, I'm not arguing against you. I agreed that he could of got those powers from anywhere/anything. I'm just looking at the information Devil May Cry has given us. Dante still got his demon powes from his father, even in DmC I assume that will be the case. I mean, they can't really just erase Sparda from the story can they?...

...No seriously, can they?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
They actually can....it's a reboot after all.

True. But I think as the other Thread pointed out, Dante is a child of a demon and an angel. So I'm guessing they are still sticking with Sparda and Eva as his parents.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
so im wondering which side of his powers are favored by dante and which side is favored by vergil?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^ NT said their sticking to the other games as much as possible while still making it fresh and opening up the story...my best bet is that Vergil still favors Sparda while Dante favors "Eva" (if she's still the same)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
the only power dante had in the previous games that were specifically from his demon powers was his charged shot and Devil Form, right? And maybe his agility and health regeneration.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
you forgot speed and strength.
so where does Trickster come from? is that speed? or is it his angelic powers? his sword style? royal guard? are those demonic powers or something else? I wouldnt say gunslinger is anything because it seems like dante could wield a gun at anytime.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
royal guard is mostly an application of martial arts.
basic sword skills is something he learned from someone or made up on his own and perfected thru practice/expierence.
advanced sword skills like making a shockwave or use of devil arms like cerberus ice is thru aura manipulation.
thats basically your inner energy like ki from dbz or chakra from naruto.
trickster powers are basically him outmaneuvering his enemies mixed in with some game funstions.

the main problem is that we dont know how the demon powers are different from the angel ones.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Dante will probably have no opinion on what side is better (the player decides what abilities to use so it would be odd if Dante prefers one side when the player can focus on the other )

there is no way to really guess what Vergil would prefer. in DMC3 Vergil hated his human side because it didn't have power but DmC Vergil would get power from both sides so as far as we know there is no reason for him to have a problem with one side (Ninja Theory could provide him with a reason but we don't know if Vergil will even be in the game so there is no way to guess his backstory ).

if you fight against Vergil in DmC it would be really cool if he used the opposite of whatever the player focuses on (eg. if the player focuses on developing Dante's demon side moves Vergil focuses on his angel side and vice versa) i don't think they will but it would be really interesting if they did.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
In heavenly sword, the way u unlock different combos was by not taking damage and using a certain amount of combos and the combo would automatically be available(i think thats how it worked). I hope NT takes this same route but instead of a combo unlocked, make the weapon upgrade so you'll have access to it immediately. Since there apparently isnt a style system, there would be no need to upgrade one single style at a time. It would just make dante stronger as u progress through the story naturally. also include the traditional orb spending for more of his agility moves and health.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
eh i'd prefer not having upgrades at all...that just makes the game so limited....and i don't see a reason why vergil wouldn't be in this game

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
hey correct me if im wrong but arent demons considered fallen angel yeah thats right ANGELS in religion

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
hey correct me if im wrong but arent demons considered fallen angel yeah thats right ANGELS in religion

In religious terms, the angel Lucifer opposed God and was banished from Heaven as a consequence. This act classed him as a fallen angel, an angel that fell from grace. However, just because Lucifer was a fallen angel does not mean demons are also, as that would propose that all those who are demons were once angels in Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom