• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just need to clear this up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
New Dante surely doesn't look like he is half angel...is it just me or?
(hint: look at my avatar and think about it)
And Vergil's appearance is really optional...it could bring up the story or nail it down, it all depends on the NT's ability to make good story.
I agree, he really does not look like he is half angel.... I think Capcom and Ninja Theory were and are smoking something.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Seriously... People!

Tameem Antoniades never said "Dante is half-angel"! He said that Dante has an angel form! There is a clear difference!
ok
just figure Dante is someone with super natural abilities. And he can reach to a demonic side or an Angelic side.
easy enough

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
apparently there is a blue hooded female in one of the new trailers.... could they have turned Vergil into Dante's sister?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
god i hope not.
but you could be reading into it too much.

i already posted my thoughts on the girl in theories section. read on if you are interested.
or here it is for your convenient

"these are my thoughts on the hooded girl.

I'm not sure its even a gun on her back. it looks like a tripod case.

She could be either lucia from dmc2, lady from dmc3, or beryl who was the main character from the DMC2 light novel. Think a red-headed lady with a spiral gun.

She could be a human medium who can see the world of limbo but not interact with it as strongly as Dante can since she isn't half demon hence her invisible appearance. She could be playable but have a style that is more stealth based than dante's.

im hoping she is beryl since that would show they did some research on the series and are pulling from all areas for this reboot."

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
How can Dante have angelic powers without being half angel, though?

If this DMC is associated with the original, there will only be more plot holes...

Fazon

Dante and Vergil remind me of inuyasha and sesshomaru, but I hope it is true because I love Vergil just azz much as Dante. Vergil had a little in making DMC3 so fun and cool 4 me.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
How can Dante have angelic powers without being half angel, though?

If this DMC is associated with the original, there will only be more plot holes...

Think of it like being like Angel and nightcrawler from the x-men. Both them look like an angel or demon respectively but arent a angel or a demon. plus their are demons who look like angels but arent anyway so dante might be one of them.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Think of it like being like Angel and nightcrawler from the x-men. Both them look like an angel or demon respectively but arent a angel or a demon. plus their are demons who look like angels but arent anyway so dante might be one of them.

I just want to go on record to say that technically nightcrawler is half demon, since his father was azazel, a mutant from biblical times who fits the description of satan and rules a fiery dimension....however, i agree with u to an extent, it's just that dante could get angel powers from anywhere. Literally, if he can absorb demonic powers from a demon arm, who's to say that some divine power cannot be bestowed upon him to use to free civilians from limbo city from demonic control?

I honestly don't think the woman is a form of vergil. NT is actually trying to remain faithful to DMC, that's why their original designs for dante looked just like him. I believe vergil will be in the game.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Didn't know that about Nightcrawler.

I'm not reading too much into it. But think about it. If it is an alternate universe, there is nothing that says Vergil HAS to be a boy, and that Sparda sired Male twins, you can have male and female twins.
If that bloke who didn't like Vergil is still at Capcom, perhaps this way the only way he said they could be brought back... stranger things have happened

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
cool man.
but im wondering if nero should appear in this game and in what form? should he have a connection to dante or should he have none and be radically different?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
As much as I'm starting to like Nero (yes, I just said that)... I wouldn't want to see him. Surely, having more characters would leave more plot holes. A game can only be so long and not all questions can be answered.... leaving an opening for a sequel (and more headaches and arguements... after this game is released, I will never argue again)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante can have angelic powers, if you class him as 50% human, 25% angel and 25% demon. To me that seems the most logical mathematical way of looking at it.

In relation to Dante in 'DMC' however, he was half human and half demon. No mentioning of having any angelic powers. But this is DmC, so they could just say he's a quarter angel if they so wish because that's up to them.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^ i'm sorry LoD, but i have to respectfully disagree....you're math IS very logical, however, we cannot use logic when talking about a supernatural, fictional game series. He can receive his angelic powers from anywhere

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well consider that Dante was born as half human, quarter demon and quarter angel. Then again you have to take into consideration as to how that would be so. Eva would of had to of been half angel, not a full angel. That's why it would make Dante 25% angelic. But then again, Sparda was a full demon so Dante would of gained 50% of his genetics from his father. So technically that would make him 50% demon, 25% angel and 25% human. Making Dante more demonic than anything.

But, if you want to go with him being half human, you have to split the other forms up in to different amounts of percentages. I was merely stating those percentages because Capcom went with the whole half and half thing. So I was thinking, go half and half on his non-human abilities which means quarter angel and quarter demon. But I'm not arguing he couldn't of got his angel side from anywhere/anything. Nero got his demonic powers from an injury, so it's possible Dante could of had something similar happen to him instead of him just gaining those powers from birth. There's lots of ways you could look at it. Dante could be 51% human, 29% demon and 20% angel. He could be any percentage. I'm just working with percentages that stay true to splitting three different forms from 100%, because it looks more neat and is better than making crazy/odd percentages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom