• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I hate this generation of young people.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Now, I know this may seem a bit harsh to some, but I honestly hate this generation of teenagers and young adults.

This is kind of a rant, but I'm just speaking out.

Yolo:
Whoever thought of this saying should be shot in the foot. This saying is being constantly yelled by people these days and its really getting annoying. I know the meaning of it "You Only Live Once" and yeah you should live your life to the fullest, but since when is going to clubs literally every night, drinking yourself silly and destroying your body with drugs living your life? That's more like killing yourself slowly. And what's worse is that this word is used in the worst prefix and as such people are just doing stupid things because of the word. It's really sad.

If you don't do this, or that you're a loser:
Now I don't mind smoking, drinking, or sex at all, and it's alright to do those things. But apparently if you're the one who doesn't smoke, drink, or have had sex yet, you're considered a p*ssy, a bitch, or gay. I really think that's uncalled for. Just because one doesn't want to do it yet, doesn't mean that being called names is the best way to respond. Especially the sex. Sometimes people get socially disbanded from others because of having no sex life, and I really feel that's sad.

Television;
I'm starting to pretty much hate television. There's always some kind of stupid show on television that has the worst lure to be seen, yet it makes millions. Now personally, as an African American, I hate BET. I never liked BET because it was, to me, a TV station to make black people look stupid with its earlier shows like college hill or hell date. Then there's MTV which I don't even know why it still has that name since they don't even show music videos on there anymore. MTV seems like the epidimy of stupid Television with it's annoying shows like Ridiculousness (funny sometimes, and irritating sigh worthy in others) and the worst one of them all Jersey Shore.

Fighting for stupid reasons;
I feel like teens fight for the dumbest reasons I've ever seen. Sometimes its for the most petty of reasons and others for dumb misunderstandings. I just hate that teens gotta go at each other for legitimately no reason, and it honestly makes their race they represent look bad. With me, I'll laugh at a fight and say "OOOH" when it's on TV, but went you have to sit in an empty bus loop, and watch your classmates and bus mates fight each other and dropping each other down, or sit in a bus where people fight for the dumbest reasons and in the most petty way possible, sometimes it's just sad to see.

There's a whole lot of other things, but these so far are my issues.

What about you guys?

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
The disrespect some of these kids display is also appalling. Came home one day to find out one of the little jerks cursed out my grandmother after she confronted him about throwing something in her yard. The rage I felt was off the roof. They just don't care anymore.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think each generation thinks the one that comes after it is a lost cause, useless or rude. People of my Grandma's generation had to live with their children becoming hippies or punks which were totally different from anything they had ever seen in their youth.
These days we have to cope with teenagers becoming rappers, fake gangsters, chavs (white trash for America?). It happens each generation, it just takes a different form.

Got to admit that I do cringe when I hear 'yolo'. It's just an excuse people say to justify reckless and dangerous behaviour.

As for TV. It's always been bad, but recently I see it becoming worse. It caters to the lowest common denominator. Too many 'reality' shows and making 'celebrities' from these reality show 'stars'. Then we end up with young and impressionable youth wanting to be like these people who do nothing to contribute to society. They just make young people want to emulate these people; buy the latest trend, be bored of that trend and then buy something new to get momentary happiness.

The pressure for sex, drink and drugs..I think teenagers do it because it is something to be 'done'. They don't understand the impications most of them. But this peer pressure makes it hard when the world is filled with people wanting to fit in and conform. That's the way the world is today. Drink this and you are accepted and cool. Buy this and people will like you.

Fighting....>_< I saw two people have a fight because of acidentally knocking a drink out of a hand. A little related, but I don't think rap culture helps. It teaches that fighting is alright, instead of talking through a problem or an agrument.

There just aren't any good role models. Girls want to emulate these 'ladies' (I use the term loosely) and get drunk and sleep around while looking like Oompa loompas in orange skin with fake hair and eyelashes. For some their only goal in life is to pose for Playboy and be 'glamour' models. While guys want to be fake rappers and fight each other and do drugs and hope they make money that way.

Then there are the parents. Many of them said they were brought up with parents who were too strict and too punishing, so they wanted to raise their children differently. Sadly, this has raised a generation of brats who do not understand the word 'no', are spoiled and entitled, think the world owes them something because parents raised them as 'special'.

It's my hope that they grown up and grow out of that behaviour.

SoLoGaMeR

These brief moments we share ...

YOLO is just the modern Carpe Diem. I dont see it as something new, just the revitalizing of an old proverb.
It will be gone soon enough and reappear in some other shape or form again.
I agree that the term is often abused or misplaced though.
People who drink themself silly and do other pointlessly stupid stuff abuse this term the most unfortunately.
Ending up in a twisted and distorted meaning that is spread together with the proverb.
However I also believe that stupid people have always been and will always be stupid no matter what.
Its just they found something they can easily excuse their behaviour with YOLO.
But even there wouldnt be a YOLO, these people would not stop drinking or doing stupid stuff.

BULLYING is the term you are looking for. And I agree with you that it has become a serious problem simply because it goes too far. However bullying is nothing unique to this generation either. In the past it was simply ignored and/or tolerated by society. That however became impossible to do nowadays because of the Internet. That is why it feels as if these bullying became worse lately when it fact there was always bullying and group pressure.

TELEVISION is just a medium just like games are. There are stupid TV-shows just as there are stupid games.
And whether a certain show or program is appropriate for a child is a parents responsibility. Unfortunately they fail to properly monitor what their children are watching. Since they fail to take responsibility for their children, the children themselve grow up without knowing what it means to shoulder responsibility.
I personally dont have such a problem with my sister for example simply because I always watched tv together with her when she was little. I even went so far as to show her old shows from my childhood because I think they are far better than the commerical tv nowadays and appropriate for children. And what do you think happened? She grew up to be a very respectful and well-mannered girl. It is all about taking responsibility for the children. The children themselves cant know any better.
Oh and Jersey Shore was cancelled I believe ^^

People fight for stupid reasons all the time. Nothing unique to this generation either or how do you think the crusades happened? There is nothing especially wrong with the youth of today. there are as many reasonable and well-mannered children as there are stupid ones. The only thing that changed is you, yourself, you have become more mature now and cant relate to the mindset of child/teenager anymore, but if you would be honest, you would admit that you have done some stupid stuff as a teen too.
And the media changed too. With the Internet all the morons around the world have a platform to spread their stupidity.
Unfortunately they are much more vocal than their reasonable and well-mannered counterparts ^^

Meg

You do realize that each generation is guilty of a lot of the things you mentioned, right? And it really isn't fair to hate on an entire generation because of a vocal minority.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You do realize that each generation is guilty of a lot of the things you mentioned, right? And it really isn't fair to hate on an entire generation because of a vocal minority.
Yep. When this lot grow up they'll be saying the same thing about their children that has been said about them. It's like a cycle that goes around.

I know I did some dumb things as a teenager, but now I'm older, I can see how stupid those things were. These teenagers we complain about now will grow up and begin to see the things they once thought as cool becoming silly too.
I used to love watching Jackass....:blush: I never did any of the stunts though.

I do see teenagers who are considerate and nice, but too often they are drowned out by a vocal minority. I don't think media helps either by always showing news about how teenagers are failing or committing crime.

SoLoGaMeR

These brief moments we share ...
Yep. When this lot grow up they'll be saying the same thing about their children that has been said about them. It's like a cycle that goes around.

I know I did some dumb things as a teenager, but now I'm older, I can see how stupid those things were. These teenagers we complain about now will grow up and begin to see the things they once thought as cool becoming silly too.
I used to love watching Jackass....:blush: I never did any of the stunts though.

I do see teenagers who are considerate and nice, but too often they are drowned out by a vocal minority. I don't think media helps either by always showing news about how teenagers are failing or committing crime.

Do you know the shows "Teens react" and "Kids react" on youtube? I think these children are a beautiful example of reasonable and well-mannered kids these days.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Do you know the shows "Teens react" and "Kids react" on youtube? I think these children are a beautiful example of reasonable and well-mannered kids these days.

Yep I've seen those. The children and teenagers on there do seem to have their heads on right.

Meg

Oh will the circle be unbroken by and by oh by and by.... ;)

SugarMoon

It's One on One.

This was actually the first time I've heard of Amanda Todd and I'm in tears right now. Bless her heart I'm sorry she went through this. Bless those kids in the vids as well. Sweet open minded children.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh will the circle be unbroken by and by oh by and by.... ;)
Bioshock reference- I approve!:D

Is a better home awaiting in the sky, in the sky?

I bet some people are thinking like that with the state of the world.

And for every silly teenager on youtube, there is an adult.This lady is lucky that she is not dead.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh if you think that's bad you should see the one where there's a girl who sucked on a used tampon. I wanted to smack my sister for showing me that mess -_-
Really?! Someone did that with a used tampon?!:O:blink: That's just disgusting and don't they know it spreads germs maybe even HIV. She could have become seriously ill from doing that.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I'm dead serious. What bothered me the most about it was her reaction to the comments on her facebook. "Ah ya'll just haters. Quit hatin' ya'll just jealous cause I'm famous." Boy if she only knew.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm dead serious. What bothered me the most about it was her reaction to the comments on her facebook. "Ah ya'll just haters. Quit hatin' ya'll just jealous cause I'm famous." Boy if she only knew...
Wow. If famous to her means making a fool out of herself in front of the world on the internet and running the risk of being seriously ill then I don't want fame.
I hope she grows up before she does something even more dangerous to her health.

Top Bottom