• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hybrids Can't Reproduce (Nero/Vergil Theory)

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
If this thread belongs in DMC general discussion, please move it.

Hybrids can only occur where the species are closely enough related enough for the egg and sperm to result in a viable embryo. Differences in chromosome number are not always a barrier to producing viable hybrids; it depends on the gene combinations in the hybrid and whether these allow an embryo to develop. However, large differences in chromosome number make female hybrids poorly fertile and male hybrids sterile.

I would appreciate if you read the red part, and then remembered what Dante and Vergil are: Human/demon hybrids. Male human/demon hybrids. Thus making them sterile, so no children for them! The reason I made this thread was because I hate those Nero is Vergil's son theories. So, unless the DMC creators decide to disregard physics, there is no possible way for Nero to be Vergil's son. But knowing Capcom, they probably disregard that and make Nero Vergil's son. =_=

I don't know what brought this thought up, but yeah. Your thoughts on this "discovery"?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't really care, either way. Capcom isn't dumb enough to do something that fans would hate anyway.

Sorry if that came out as incredibly rude. I'm just speaking my mind on the matter, is all.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Meh. I guess this isn't the right forum for scientific matters, is it?

Capcom: Breaking the laws of science and ****ing off their fans!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah.

Everyone hates Nero, though. :/ Something that, either through sheer stupidity or stubbornness on my part, I can't understand. (pardon my small mind, I guess)

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Finally a kind of science that will help me with my idea.

<_< but knowing CR*PCOM they will violate rules of science

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Gee, ya think?

I still will go with my "Nero is Sparda reincarnate" theory unless proven otherwise.

Evil Nero

"large differences in chromosome number "

Capcom make the rules here, they can decide on what the difference is ;)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Maybe they'll say something stupid like "Sparda was given a human form so he has the same number of chromosomes, blahdy blahdy blah..."

Bull. ****.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
demons don't have a genetic code they are not of this plane of existence. demons' forms are decided by their name. therefore the laws of genetics don't apply. few of the fundamental laws of our universe apply to them so why would something as specific as genetics. if a demon can reproduce with a human then so can a half-demon.

when something magical( like demons) combines with something nonmagical(like humans) anything that both can do( like reproduce) is kept by the combination.

aka958

Don't trust people
Incomplete Dani;233953 said:
If this thread belongs in DMC general discussion, please move it.

I would appreciate if you read the red part, and then remembered what Dante and Vergil are: Human/demon hybrids. Male human/demon hybrids. Thus making them sterile, so no children for them! The reason I made this thread was because I hate those Nero is Vergil's son theories. So, unless the DMC creators decide to disregard physics, there is no possible way for Nero to be Vergil's son. But knowing Capcom, they probably disregard that and make Nero Vergil's son. =_=

I don't know what brought this thought up, but yeah. Your thoughts on this "discovery"?

Really it's a game, based on fictional events, fictional characters in a fictional world. Demons don't exist, giant statues coming to life because two people are used as it's energy source don't exist either. How would they explain that?

They could easily say that demons are different and their hybrids with man are also different. Because, demons do not exist, they could say alot of things that could explain.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
FINALLY. A thread that makes sense.
It is completely true that hybrids can't reproduce. I remember reading a book, the main character was a suphuman hybrid and he married a human. Although, when they tried to reproduce, they couldn't. But,Everyone else in his group could (because they were also superhumans married to each other).
(If that makes sense.)

So i completely agree.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;234802 said:
FINALLY. A thread that makes sense.
It is completely true that hybrids can't reproduce. I remember reading a book, the main character was a suphuman hybrid and he married a human. Although, when they tried to reproduce, they couldn't. But,Everyone else in his group could (because they were also superhumans married to each other).
(If that makes sense.)

So i completely agree.

Yeah, but do you REALLY think Capcom's going to give a crap about logic?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
But in Capcom's world a demon had *ahem* sexual relations with a human - therefore anything is possible! :D

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
aka958;234736 said:
Really it's a game, based on fictional events, fictional characters in a fictional world. Demons don't exist, giant statues coming to life because two people are used as it's energy source don't exist either. How would they explain that?

They could easily say that demons are different and their hybrids with man are also different. Because, demons do not exist, they could say alot of things that could explain.
You don't need to quote the OP. Just say @OP: instead. Sorry, it just bugs me.

I know it's a game. I just made this thread because even if all that other **** can't happen in the real world, Capcom has a reason NOT to make Nero Vergil's son.

@VB: Glad you agree.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Incomplete Dani;234918 said:

I know it's a game. I just made this thread because even if all that other **** can't happen in the real world, Capcom has a reason NOT to make Nero Vergil's son.

I think it's a damn good point to bring up.

*fingers crossed and all that* ;)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The theory works if demons and humans are completely different species. But I don't think they are in the DMC universe. Sparda 'becomes' human, or takes on a human form, and Vergil 'becomes' a devil, though he's a half breed, and so does Arkham, who's a full human. Seems like the state of human and demon doesn't obey any laws of science and characters can move in and out of demonic states, and breed with each other. It's supposedly supernatural stuff after all.

aka958

Don't trust people
Incomplete Dani;234918 said:
You don't need to quote the OP. Just say @OP: instead. Sorry, it just bugs me.

@VB: Glad you agree.

Sorry for not knowing every small word for everything... I don't even know what OP is.

This could be a reason yes, but a rather vague one, don't you think?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Sparda locked his power away, and would've possibly become human/mortal (maybe on the same level as a human and perhaps died of old age too).

Top Bottom