• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Human Missions 12 and 14

Belvaleth

Divinity
I've beaten all the difficulties, S ranked every mission on Devil Hunter, Son of Sparda, and Dante Must Die modes. I have 4 achievements left: Item Collector, Legendary Devil Hunter, Proud Millionaire, and The Best of the Rest. I've managed to S-rank every mission on Human mode EXCEPT 12 and 14. I just can't seem to get past A on them. For 14 I find it challenging to get an S for style, and on 12 my problem is time. Anyone have any tactics for those 2 missions in particular?

SkyGemini

S'All over but the Crying
Is it the time, orbs or strictly the style points themselves issues that are giving you a problem...or all 3 together? I find the problem I have on Human mode is everybody dies too quickly to build up the style points, but I have no problems with time or orb-gathering....

Belvaleth

Divinity
Orb gathering isn't a problem for me on any mission on any difficulty.

On mission 12 I find I can only get an S for time if I Sky Star + Pandora missile pod over the gap right before the timer starts, which makes it hard to get the style needed as you skip the mobs in the elevator.

Mission 14 things just die too quickly for me to rack up enough stylish points. If only the Blitz was there on human mode....

Keaton

Premium
In my experience you can often S-Rank assuming you get time and orbs.
Even if you don;t get masses of Style, if you can manage to get through with No-Damage and No-Items that will help a whole lot too, otherwise I would do my best to just Weapon Swap alot. Real Impact with Giglamesh its usually an instant 'A' so starting off on the Giant Scarecrows with that would be a great way to go. Plus, in my experience Pin-Up with Lucifer is a move that seems to 'not get dull' by repeating it. If you DT and use Pin-Up to finish off foes it'll be rewarding in Style and Speed.

Hope that helps.

SkyGemini

S'All over but the Crying
Belvaleth;180177 said:
Yeah I know about Real Impact and Pin-Up, guess I'll have to go for No Damage >.>
No damage is good. I just watched somebody doing the Beast Uppercut in mission 14, it seemed to work for raising style points pretty damn good as well...

LoGoS

Get Destro'd
On mission 12 shoot the gap to save on time (an easier/faster way is to devil trigger with trickster on, launch with stinger off the edge and use two air dashes), but to get some added style points run upstairs and kill all the cutlasses. It should be enough to put you over the hump w or w/o no damage and is still faster than fighting frosts.

If style is your problem on 14 you need to increase your style meter with the least amount of damage. Real impact and pinup are not the best ways to raise style on weaker badies. Use dance Macabre when enemies have little or no health. It will instantly boost you style and not kill your foe until the final swing. Use taunts, dodges, and enemy step to boost style by nonviolent means. Once your style reaches SSS, let the big dog eat.
:D

Red

If it's about the style points, try using Lucifer and lessen the use of guns. If it's about the time, try saving time by limiting running and other unnecessary movements esp during battles...:cool:

Belvaleth

Divinity
So I managed to S rank mission 2 on Human. What really helped was Kick 13 -> Drive -> Dance Macabre on the Mega Scarecrows, and hitting multiple Scarecrows in the first room with the same Drive. Got lucky with the Angelos in the last room and ended up with No Damage, putting me way over the 38250 points needed to S rank (got 63169). S time, A style, A orbs.

Working on 14 still >.>

Edit: Got 14 first try after working on 12 for 2 days >.>

Gtsilva

Devil-Spawn
Yeah I HAVE the same problem on 12, I got A A A on all of them and then I got S for time because I went over the gap using Pandora but the problem was Style. Now that I read what's up here I know what to do so thanks as well.

Top Bottom