• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how would you "case west" this game?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Basically people have talked about remaking the game with Classic Dante and the classic continuity a la Dead Rising 2 Case west. Granted it's not really the same scenario and it was more of a joke but the Forum ran out of DMC topics so... let's see what people can come up with.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I'd probably switch the character roles around. Make Dante the Rebel leader and Vergil the one that's living a cozy life in his rich family.
So Kat would be the one to "rescue" Vergil this time around.

I'd do the same with the classic series, like Switch Dante and Vergils roles around. Imagine Dante as Nelo Angelo lol, a Nightmare of a fight XD

That's the condensed idea, if I think of more, I'll add it in later.

Goldsickle

That's more difficult than it sounds... on paper. I'd like to hear more, though.
When I first saw that trailer, I speculated that the black-haired character isn't really Dante but someone brainwashed to think he is Dante.

Even though the resulting game was different, my speculation started becoming its own story idea.

I think I should start reading more DMC data books so my own story isn't inconsistent.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i don't get it, what is a case west?
There is a game called dead rising which had a character called Frank west who people liked. In dead rising 2 they introduced a new lead called chuck greene and a new story.

"Case West" refers to a version of Dead Rising 2 where the story was rewritten to include Frank West in the lead role.

So what I mean by how would you "case west" DmC is how would you tell the story of DmC in the classic series?

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
There is a game called dead rising which had a character called Frank west who people liked. In dead rising 2 they introduced a new lead called chuck greene and a new story.

"Case West" refers to a version of Dead Rising 2 where the story was rewritten to include Frank West in the lead role.

So what I mean by how would you "case west" DmC is how would you tell the story of DMC in the classic series?

i see, so basically the same universe but a new lead? but the rewritten story part, is it like a reboot or somewhat a same continuity or timeline but a whole new story?

and the relation to DMC, this is supposedly a DmC but carries the DMC taste to it?

i'm sorry with all the questions but i wanted to grasp it well

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i see, so basically the same universe but a new lead? but the rewritten story part, is it like a reboot or somewhat a same continuity or timeline but a whole new story?

and the relation to DMC, this is supposedly a DmC but carries the DMC taste to it?

i'm sorry with all the questions but i wanted to grasp it well
Its alright. Tbh I didn't really think it throught as I wanted to see what people would come up .

Its the classic contuinity but with DmC written to fit within the classic contuinity.

absolitude

still can't get a picture, but i'll go on ahead, i'd keep the new dante design and change his name to bob and he'd still be cool for me, ditch the new vergil cuz it won't work as the classic continuity.. probably make the timeline right before the event of DMC2..

i'll use the concept from DmC teaser, where bob was prisoned and tortured.. he's another special halfbreed like dante n vergil only he's from angel and demon origin, where angel race supposedly extinct, that bob is the last remaining angel blooded

lost and confused, bob met DMC2 dante, taught him basic stuffs about the realms and to how cope with his origins..

i'll keep mundus, let's say guy's back from his --i don't know where his from, but he's back.. yet, dante has DMC2 business he has to attend to so he leaves mundus to bob, having angel and demon blood assures dante that bob could deal with it..

the best part is that the classic continuity will still be a mistery after the DMC2 timeline

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would rewrite it to take place after DMC3 but before DMC1. That period is the most interesting because Dante is very raw and is learning a lot versus DMC1 which feels like an end to his story.

DmC Mundus's role is fulfilled by a different character since I don't see Classic Mundus as someone who would care about ruling the world through debt. He's more a blood and conquest kind of guy so the new character is a sorceror with ambition but he's the weakest guy in Mundus's court so he's got insecurities. Mundus lets him do what he wants in limbo city because Mundus is bored without someone to fight. When Dante inevitably saves the day, that serves as a wake-up call to Mundus so he starts plotting leading to events of DMC1.

Limbo probably work the same but was only around for the past 20 years or so.

DmC Vergil would also be a new character because Vergil would probably be in hell. I'm curious about a storyline where Dante tries to stop someone he cares about from going bad so that would be Dante's arc in the story. He's projecting his feelings on Vergil onto this new character. The new guy is more of a rags to riches kind of entrepeuner who is trying to fight against Limbo but is in danger of going to extremes. He and Dante met when they were younger and they helped each other move up in life so he calls Dante in for help.

I'd probably use my thoughts on how they could marketed DmC better, where TGS10 Dante was Dante as a teen and he grew up in LIMBO CITY and the game involves his older self visiting his hometown and curious about what happened.

absolitude

I would rewrite it to take place after DMC3 but before DMC1. That period is the most interesting because Dante is very raw and is learning a lot versus DMC1 which feels like an end to his story.

DmC Mundus's role is fulfilled by a different character since I don't see Classic Mundus as someone who would care about ruling the world through debt. He's more a blood and conquest kind of guy so the new character is a sorceror with ambition but he's the weakest guy in Mundus's court so he's got insecurities. Mundus lets him do what he wants in limbo city because Mundus is bored without someone to fight. When Dante inevitably saves the day, that serves as a wake-up call to Mundus so he starts plotting leading to events of DMC1.

Limbo probably work the same but was only around for the past 20 years or so.

DmC Vergil would also be a new character because Vergil would probably be in hell. I'm curious about a storyline where Dante tries to stop someone he cares about from going bad so that would be Dante's arc in the story. He's projecting his feelings on Vergil onto this new character. The new guy is more of a rags to riches kind of entrepeuner who is trying to fight against Limbo but is in danger of going to extremes. He and Dante met when they were younger and they helped each other move up in life so he calls Dante in for help.

I'd probably use my thoughts on how they could marketed DmC better, where TGS10 Dante was Dante as a teen and he grew up in LIMBO CITY and the game involves his older self visiting his hometown and curious about what happened.

yeah, devil may cry was always about dante n vergil for me, i'm not fond of other chars in the series, so bringing up a new character with stray dogs kind of background has bigger chance for me to like..

and it'd be nice to to see a fellow youngster as dante's friend.. i always find dante as a lonely character, no matter how he acts

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
yeah, devil may cry was always about dante n vergil for me, i'm not fond of other chars in the series, so bringing up a new character with stray dogs kind of background has bigger chance for me to like..

and it'd be nice to to see a fellow youngster as dante's friend.. i always find dante as a lonely character, no matter how he acts
Its funny you brought up 'Stray Dogs" because Heine's design would have been a good midpoint between Dante's classic look and the TGS10 trailer.

heine_rammsteiner_by_beitrix.jpg

haine_x_naoto_by_violettaa.jpg

Funny thing is the guy who wrote this manga actually did the art for the DMC light novels.

150px-DMCvolume1.jpg

latest

absolitude

Its funny you brought up 'Stray Dogs" because Heine's design would have been a good midpoint between Dante's classic look and the TGS10 trailer.

heine_rammsteiner_by_beitrix.jpg

haine_x_naoto_by_violettaa.jpg

Funny thing is the guy who wrote this manga actually did the art for the DMC light novels.

150px-DMCvolume1.jpg

latest

whoa whoaa.. what is that from? manga? is there an anime to it? i don't know heine or the pic with 'dogs' in it, that first image is really cool..

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
whoa whoaa.. what is that from? manga? is there an anime to it? i don't know heine or the pic with 'dogs' in it, that first image is really cool..
Its from an anime/manga called Stray Dogs : Bullets and carnage. I thought you knew about it, my bad.

With your idea, I dont see Dante just handing Mundus to someone else because their is a personal enmity between the two.

@DragonMaster2010 how would that play out?

@Goldsickle any new ideas?

@Erian1Mortal There was a fanfic that did try to have Vergil be the hero and Dante the villian but it dont go far enough to really capture the idea.

I couldnt see Dante fighting Mundus through Information and Subterfuge, he'd be more focus on taking the fight to him and causing a ruckus.

But after looking into Mr.Robot i could se him having that sort of leadership style and being a hacker too.

@Deathstroke anything to add? (yeah I'm bumping my own thread :p)

absolitude

With your idea, I dont see Dante just handing Mundus to someone else because their is a personal enmity between the two.

honestly i forgot about that.. lol.. yeah, not a chance he would do that..

so there's an anime to it huh.. gonna hunt tomorrow, looks perfect for my taste

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
honestly i forgot about that.. lol.. yeah, not a chance he would do that..

so there's an anime to it huh.. gonna hunt tomorrow, looks perfect for my taste
I was thinking about it and maybe you could have it end in a downer to tie into DMC2.

Like having Dante focibly separated from Bob because the angels make an appearance and whisk Bob away. Dante is unsuccessful in finding him and that leads to his emptiness in 2.
Don't wanna discuss it publicly but I may need a "consultant" when it comes to DMC lore so my story's consistent.

Alright. I think gel and Viper would be happy to help you.

I wouldn't stress being consistent as DMC isn't consistent within itself. Just focus on what you want to write.

I'm not saying don't try to be consistent, just don't stress over it.

Last edited:

absolitude

I was thinking about it and maybe you could have it end in a downer to tie into DMC2.

Like having Dante focibly separated from Bob because the angels make an appearance and whisk Bob away. Dante is unsuccessful in finding him and that leads to his emptiness in 2.

nice! that's my kind of ending to be honest, i never liked good ending ones.. since angels are supposedly extinct i might change it to the corrupted ones, ghost-like.. but the chemistry between them should be tight, for one game, it would mean a rather short moment for dante to be empty after bob's taken..

i could make bob have more of vergil's attitude so that bob reminds him of vergil, like wanting to be stronger, but i don't really get their relationship in the original, like how close was it..

but this will be an awesome fiction for me anyway

Top Bottom