• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to make an awesome Devil May Cry movie

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Underworld: Next Generation has already started filming in Prague and is slated for an October release date with another film already planned after that.

Len Wiseman's also talked about making an Underworld TV Series depending on how well-received the movies are by fans...especially since Awakening went up like a fart in church.
i just googled underworld next generation, and it's not wiseman again on director, some anna foerster is there, she's better be good

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Vergilius Sturgeon's Law Bro, 90% of anything is crap. Doesn't mean you cant appreciate or enjoy it.

@Foxtrot94 one of the episodes had a demon mentioned that there was a power vacuum in hell(i think the first) so having them tie into that would have given their appearance and eventual death more weight.

There were other things i was more concerned like them not dealing with the fallout of Vergil's death but that was also a misstep to me.

@Gel I think we won't know if people would be ok with a more complex version of Dante till we see a succesful product with it. We have had attempts but they were poorly conceived (2) had production problems (4) or some other reason (the anime). The reboot might have been a good chance to try but they couldn't sell us on it so who really knows anymore.

I think Patty and Morrison didnt do much for me either so i think the problem is more they didnt do enough with the characters they had whether it be the new blood or the old favorites. Trish i like more as an idea than what i see on screen.

@tweese Yeah thats a probable yet bankable choice.

@absolitude making a whole new lead would be weird because Dante has a large shadow and making a new lead you might as well cut the cord and making a new IP.

Switching the lead role to Vergil or Nero might be easier. I think even doing the movies in a AU where Vergil was the hero and Dante was the villian might be a good spin. Hell the reason why people want vergil back is cause they see all this potential in him so maybe we could show that.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Switching the lead role to Vergil or Nero might be easier. I think even doing the movies in a AU where Vergil was the hero and Dante was the villian might be a good spin. Hell the reason why people want vergil back is cause they see all this potential in him so maybe we could show that.
Agree with Vergil, after we know almost nothing about protagonist's twin, even if he was a key character for Dante's past/development.What we know are just contradictory hints.
DMC3 created a "Vergil" who could rival with Dante's popularity, but he was immediately dropped in favor of a new protagonist.
Nero is probably DMC5's main protagonist, if they go for what they had planned before, so I'm not so inclined in having Nero as the main figure in a possible movie and it seems Vergil is more of fan favorite than Nero is.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
My personal opinion if a DMC movie was made it would have to be rated R. I feel as though, that there is hope for this, now that Deadpool has come out. It would have to be raunchy, bloody, and violent and all hard core fans would love it. (we hope) And we could hook new fans in. lol.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would like Alex Garland to handle script duties and being a producer for the film.

In terms of what changes should be made, I would say that fidelity to the source material is always important but it is possible to expand on the source material and not betray it. Especially since the world of DMC as well its characters are pretty blank.

Top Bottom