• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How the heck did Arius revive the demons when Mundus was banished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Nelo Angelo II;7044 said:
Yeah, maybe, but do you remember Beowulf from DMC3. He bore a grudge against Sparda and I think that he wouldn't be the only demon with a grudge. Also Cerberus mistook Dante for being a weak human therefore I think that the demons would have come to settle their vendettas and win the war they started against humanity. They sure as hell wouldn't have known the true potency of his power and even if they had Arius isn't as powerful as Dante so he wouldn't be able to stand alone against the entire demon nation once he'd released them. Also I recall mentioning Bolverk and the Trismagia, from what I've seen Arius wouldn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell against those two and the other powerful demons.
Also if they knew Arius's power then it stands to reason that they would have known Dante's and unless they mistook him for a mere human like Phantom and Cerberus or were ordered to attack him by a commanding voice in the demon army like Griffon or bore a real grudge from the battle with sparda like Beowulf, no demon in their right mind would have opposed Dante. Arius would have been a much simpler target and as Arius was the only one who could open a door or shut it at will it would have made more sense to kill him and jam the door open, then attempt to dispose of Dante.:wacko:

ya.......................but the bosses in DMC3 are the Gate Keepers such as Cerberus or Agni&Rudra....................but the Beowulf wants revenge of Sparda coz he did something about Beowulf´s eye
and Nevan thinks that Sparda is a Handsom Devil....................and DoppleGanger is Dante´s Shadow................thats y DMC3 has Gatekeepers that wants to protect Temen-ni-gru

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
d4rkn1ght;7062 said:
ya.......................but the bosses in DMC3 are the Gate Keepers such as Cerberus or Agni&Rudra....................but the Beowulf wants revenge of Sparda coz he did something about Beowulf´s eye
and Nevan thinks that Sparda is a Handsom Devil....................and DoppleGanger is Dante´s Shadow................thats y DMC3 has Gatekeepers that wants to protect Temen-ni-gru
Thanks but I wasn't mentioning DMC3 to retell the story, I was using it to illustate the fact that only an idiotic demon or a demon of very strong resolve would face Dante and not kill Arius first. I don't think the demons would have indebted their lives to Arius as he's human and therefore ,as is the trend of the demons, they would only attack the human world if someone high up in the demon army told them to and as Argosax (King) and Mundus (Prince) were sealed at this time. So I hate to say this but this still makes little sense in my opinion.:wacko:

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
ya........................but Arius or Mundus cant release their army of Demons on Human World coz its the Law.....................but if they release a magic or something to open the Gate to the Hell or the Underworld.........Arius or Mundus could release their army in no time

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
d4rkn1ght;7108 said:
ya........................but Arius or Mundus cant release their army of Demons on Human World coz its the Law.....................but if they release a magic or something to open the Gate to the Hell or the Underworld.........Arius or Mundus could release their army in no time

Sorry to tell you this but you just validated my argument even more, if Mundus or Argosax were powerful enough to release their entire army it stands to reason that they could free themselves. Remember what Mundus said to Dante at the end of DMC1 ("Dante, I will return and I will rule this world") Arius had nothing but his own ambition in mind and his plan was his alone coz I think it hard to believe that with that raging ambition that he would be a puppet of Mundus or a partner in crime. Also Arius needed the arcanas to release the door to the demonic realm but some were drawn to his summonings before that happened which makes little if any sense at all. I mean these are spiritual gateways forming the nexus along the plexus (the overlapping points on the body of time) not something that can be simply brought down with a battering ram or phased through. Arius would have needed loads of power to do this almost enough to render the arcanas obsolete and I would be willing to bet that his own power in combination with only a few of the arcanas would be enough to open this door if he truly was that powerful. Still keep sending in your ideas coz this is getting kinda tedious ok.:wacko:

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Arius is the partner of Mundus...............but in the other hand Dante has the Arcana Coin and Arius kept the fake coin..................thats y he isnt too Powerfull coz the Ambition cant go anyway.................Arius want to be a King and Dante has give the crown to conquer inside his body.
Mundus told those words coz in the other game could return or Dante will go again the Mallet Island to Exterminate Mundus again with the Sword and the Blood of Sparda
even Mundus cant release himself to create an Army of Apocalipse................God and Devil created Laws to not getting troubles in the Real World...................................the World is surround of Ambition, rebeld and Evil to challenge us that if we can pass to the Heaven or Paradise

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
d4rkn1ght;7121 said:
Arius is the partner of Mundus...............but in the other hand Dante has the Arcana Coin and Arius kept the fake coin..................thats y he isnt too Powerfull coz the Ambition cant go anyway.................Arius want to be a King and Dante has give the crown to conquer inside his body.
Mundus told those words coz in the other game could return or Dante will go again the Mallet Island to Exterminate Mundus again with the Sword and the Blood of Sparda
even Mundus cant release himself to create an Army of Apocalipse................God and Devil created Laws to not getting troubles in the Real World...................................the World is surround of Ambition, rebeld and Evil to challenge us that if we can pass to the Heaven or Paradise

Right D4rkn1ght I'm not going to patronise you because you're obviously a smart person however I recall that Arius said "I was going to be the king of this world" Now correct me if I'm wrong but there's no "I" in team. So he couldn't have had a partner I don't think let alone Mundus. If Mundus had been involved he would have played an active part in it and we would've at least seen the three glyphs in the sky that characterise him. So I think you'd ought to think this over, don't worry, it's still over my head.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
i know.....................release my ideas are getting better and better
but Mundus could left Arius.............but they were partner even Mundus arent participate the story or not...................the Three glyphs could show or not...................Mundus could be in the human body to watch Dante

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
d4rkn1ght;7140 said:
i know.....................release my ideas are getting better and better
but Mundus could left Arius.............but they were partner even Mundus arent participate the story or not...................the Three glyphs could show or not...................Mundus could be in the human body to watch Dante
Except that if Mundus was inside Arius's body, Dante wouldn't have found the battles "Too easy".:wacko:

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Nelo Angelo II;7163 said:
Except that if Mundus was inside Arius's body, Dante wouldn't have found the battles "Too easy".:wacko:

maybe..................or Arius wasnt giving his best shot................but Mundus was hidden in the human body to not getting caught by Dante i guess

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
d4rkn1ght;7244 said:
maybe..................or Arius wasnt giving his best shot................but Mundus was hidden in the human body to not getting caught by Dante i guess
Hardly concievable, if Mundus was intent on ruling the world he certainly doesn't seem the type to rule by secrecy. If he was going to fight Dante he would have known that his best bet was to give it his all or else he'd be defeated worse than last time. Also in this one Trish isn't there to give Dante her power, a handicap of Dante that Mundus would without a doubt utilise.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
that would be right................but u dont realized that Arius dont know Dante and Mundus didnt know that Dante would kill Arius...............soo instead of that Dante wants to speed up the scenes

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
sorry please let me know when you've learned basic English syntax because, quite frankly, I didn't understand a word of that.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Nelo Angelo II;7793 said:
sorry please let me know when you've learned basic English syntax because, quite frankly, I didn't understand a word of that.

u didnt Understand the last part did u??

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
after re-reading it about two dozen times I finally understand it.
Still if Arius and Mundus were partners in crime then Mundus would have told Arius that they were against a Sparda as a euphamism for Dante completely kicked his ass. Also if Arius would have known this he wouldn't have been arrogant enough to face Dante, he'd have set many traps, supernatural, primtive, hi-tech, all sorts to hinder if not stop Dante not to mention marching his conscripted army of demons against dante rather than spreading them out all over the city thinner than the last bit of marmite.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
but Arius told Lucia that "man" to bring the coin or something like that...................Arius didnt know that "man" was Dante................that y he didnt set up Trapps or Hi-Tech rooms lazers for him

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
d4rkn1ght;8064 said:
but Arius told Lucia that "man" to bring the coin or something like that...................Arius didnt know that "man" was Dante................that y he didnt set up Trapps or Hi-Tech rooms lazers for him

well, I'll be damned, I think you've cracked it. Just one thing though, remember Dante meeting Arius at the helicopter. Arius said "well, well, what do we have here?"
Dante replied "Do you have to ask?"
Arius replies to this "Maybe some other time"

which to me says that he knew who Dante was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom