• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How the heck did Arius revive the demons when Mundus was banished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
In DMC (the first one) we saw Dante banish Mundus from the world and destroy Mallet Island, THE doorway for the demons into the domain of humans. It seems to me as though Capcom ignored its own rules when creating this sequel. If anyone can come up with a valid explanation as to how a human (Arius) could learn about the demons let alone loosen them from their restrains in hell, I would rest easier.

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster
Easy, theres more than one door:p. in DMC3 theres tam-un-guri (how-ever it's spelt) that is helarlded as the deamon path, Mullet Island is claled the deamon door, so there must be different ways into and out fot he deamon world, some far bigger and more powerful than others.

Stillborn

Devil's heart
I agree with Caprain Liberty. Theres lots of ways getting demons to walk on earth. Who knows how many ways there still are.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Captain Liberty;6244 said:
Easy, theres more than one door:p. in DMC3 theres tam-un-guri (how-ever it's spelt) that is helarlded as the deamon path, Mullet Island is claled the deamon door, so there must be different ways into and out fot he deamon world, some far bigger and more powerful than others.

Thanks Captain Liberty. However I'm still curious to know how arius was able to free some of the demons from their shackles and get access to their power before obtaining the arcanas, after all he is only human. On top of this an army without a leader is like a crab without its legs. The demon army should have been disbanded and scattered after Mundus's defeat and to rematerialise and reorganise a human hating demon army whilst being a human is, in my mind an impossible task. I hope you guys can prove otherwise.:huh:

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
DMC2 is almost the end of Story....................but the good part is that Arius could be created by Mundus to rule the World and then Arius release Mundus from the Demon Gate

atlus

the low level demons are only ghosts who possessing animals or things like blade, the hells, the sins or the marys

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster
Right firstly call me Morgan, i prefer that (i'll get around to changing my screen name later:p). Firstly it is said both Argosax and Mundus are important deamons and my opinion is that there are numours Deamon lords who rule over hell, we can see this is the manga as there are deamons with similiar appearences to Mundus and it says about Sparda that "elder deamons are but gnats beneath his voice" (thus there must have been more than one). Second Arius didn't want an army, he wanted to be a god. Ruling was second to power for him and once he had obtained Deamonhood the deamons probably would have followed him, if not then ow well he still got what he wanted anyway.

Hope that trys to answer everything

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Captain Liberty;6371 said:
Right firstly call me Morgan, i prefer that (i'll get around to changing my screen name later:p). Firstly it is said both Argosax and Mundus are important deamons and my opinion is that there are numours Deamon lords who rule over hell, we can see this is the manga as there are deamons with similiar appearences to Mundus and it says about Sparda that "elder deamons are but gnats beneath his voice" (thus there must have been more than one). Second Arius didn't want an army, he wanted to be a god. Ruling was second to power for him and once he had obtained Deamonhood the deamons probably would have followed him, if not then ow well he still got what he wanted anyway.

Hope that trys to answer everything

Thanks Morgan but you really evaded the point I was trying to make. As I said before Arius is human and DMC rules are that demons hate humans. Also maybe there are many demons but the original DMC confirmed that Mundus is the overlord or emporor whatever you like to call it. Judging by this if Arius was somehow magically able to call the demons onto this plain it would be a very slow process and the first of them would have tore him apart because of their insatable bloodlust. Do you remember the descriptions of the enemies from DMC2 like the Msiras? "They are the avatar of savagery" or something like that.
So the question remains how could Arius resurrect an army of HUMAN LOATHING demons? :unsure:
Again many thanks for your efforts.

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster
well expect for the Lucia Clones did any other deamons actually serve him? And he did seem to be a powerful sorcerer, prehaps he just enslaved them??? My opinion is that he damaged the barrier between hell and earth and the deamons seeped through and made earth their new home, but most weren't really serving Arius.

But if you remember at the end of DMC1 Dante says "remember though the underworlds evil is still alive" so I don't think Mundus was the overal master of hell, just one of it's many lords (argosax for example again).

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Captain Liberty;6398 said:
well expect for the Lucia Clones did any other deamons actually serve him? And he did seem to be a powerful sorcerer, prehaps he just enslaved them??? My opinion is that he damaged the barrier between hell and earth and the deamons seeped through and made earth their new home, but most weren't really serving Arius.

But if you remember at the end of DMC1 Dante says "remember though the underworlds evil is still alive" so I don't think Mundus was the overal master of hell, just one of it's many lords (argosax for example again).

me too...................but i thought that Arius would control Lucia to kill Dante................but at least she a good person to fight against the Evil

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Captain Liberty;6398 said:

That does seem to stand to reason except that if Arius did damage the barrier he would have had to be close to it and when the host of the pit (the demon army) charged out of their fiery confines Arius would have been the first to be torn limb from limb cos surely the ritual that was needed to release practically the entire demon nation including the more powerful ones like Bolverk and the Trismagia would have took a long time regardless of his skill in necromancy and the dark arts. Again thanks a lot for your efforts but please try to understand what I'm getting at. I hope to hear from you guys again soon o.k.:O

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
Nelo Angelo II;6394 said:
Thanks Morgan but you really evaded the point I was trying to make. As I said before Arius is human and DMC rules are that demons hate humans. Also maybe there are many demons but the original DMC confirmed that Mundus is the overlord or emporor whatever you like to call it. Judging by this if Arius was somehow magically able to call the demons onto this plain it would be a very slow process and the first of them would have tore him apart because of their insatable bloodlust. Do you remember the descriptions of the enemies from DMC2 like the Msiras? "They are the avatar of savagery" or something like that.
So the question remains how could Arius resurrect an army of HUMAN LOATHING demons? :unsure: O

i don't think demons necessarily loath humans. most are just mindless, blood-thirsty beasts that obey whoever is strongest. besides, arius was a sorceror and probably controlled some demons with magic, or was just able to summon them.
Arius is indeed human, he's just a strong sorceror

sparday

to answer about because of mundus dying that there is no more leaders, if i remember correctly (probaly not) it said somewhere that mundus was only the prince of the underworld

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
The beginning of the story is DMC3..........the Boss is weak........when u defeated all bosses except one...............that would be DMC1.................Dante will Defeat the Prince of Darkness, Mundus............it would be a great challenge and a Pure Revenge............although Dante defeating all bosses, he has the highest skill to kill Mundus.........thats y Mundus had the reenforcements or something like that

sparday

even if all the leaders are dead there will be new ones, its jus like if the president gets killed, the vice president will take over

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster
I agree with blood knight, I don't think deamons hate humans, just the good ones. They also like mindless slaughter and what better to slaughter than humans who cannot defend themselves. Plus like Arkham from DMC3 I think Arius had deamon powers at the very least and remember when he opened the gate he had obtained the power of argosax, so if the deamons had tryed to attack him he would have just ripped them into pieces:D

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
sparday;6951 said:
even if all the leaders are dead there will be new ones, its jus like if the president gets killed, the vice president will take over

the Lowers bosses go first.....................then Dante fights against the Prince of Darkness.................it could be the same thing but not in the underworld

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Yeah, maybe, but do you remember Beowulf from DMC3. He bore a grudge against Sparda and I think that he wouldn't be the only demon with a grudge. Also Cerberus mistook Dante for being a weak human therefore I think that the demons would have come to settle their vendettas and win the war they started against humanity. They sure as hell wouldn't have known the true potency of his power and even if they had Arius isn't as powerful as Dante so he wouldn't be able to stand alone against the entire demon nation once he'd released them. Also I recall mentioning Bolverk and the Trismagia, from what I've seen Arius wouldn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell against those two and the other powerful demons.
Also if they knew Arius's power then it stands to reason that they would have known Dante's and unless they mistook him for a mere human like Phantom and Cerberus or were ordered to attack him by a commanding voice in the demon army like Griffon or bore a real grudge from the battle with sparda like Beowulf, no demon in their right mind would have opposed Dante. Arius would have been a much simpler target and as Arius was the only one who could open a door or shut it at will it would have made more sense to kill him and jam the door open, then attempt to dispose of Dante.:wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom