• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How old is he?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm gonna go watch this again :D
BTW...did anyone appreciate the dubbed version? or r u all for the subs?

The first time I watched it (or the first thousand times I watched it) it was the subbed version. For someone who doesn't understand the language spoken, it fell a bit flat. That, and the subs weren't always accurate (mind you I did watch it on youtube) so often the 'moment' would go right over my head.
I liked the dubbed version better. Not just because I could actually follow the dialogue and the pictures together, but because I loved how Reuben vo'd Dante.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
demons are typically eons old so even a person in their 80's would be considered a kid to them

Blade8513

Ima pretty big anime fan so should I check out the devil may cry anime? Is it good? Or should I just stick to the games?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Ima pretty big anime fan so should I check out the devil may cry anime? Is it good? Or should I just stick to the games?

the anime bridges the gap between DMC1 and DMC4 so i guess its worth checking out. and even on its own it works as an anime

Blade8513

the anime bridges the gap between DMC1 and DMC4 so i guess its worth checking out. and even on its own it works as an anime
So should I wait on watching the anime until I finish the games ( I am new to the original series and am still playing DMC 1) so should I finish the all the games first or does it matter?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
finish dmc1 and dmc3 and watch it then that way you are u will know the characters and you wont spoil dmc4

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
So should I wait on watching the anime until I finish the games ( I am new to the original series and am still playing DMC 1) so should I finish the all the games first or does it matter?

the series is out of order anyway so it doesn't matter. all you need to know is that the order is 3, 1, anime, 4, 2

Blade8513

no just 1 and 3 dude you dont need to play 2 to watch it as 2 is set many years after the anime

Alright I got you, but if I play 1,2, and 3 first will it spoil or ruin the anime for me? Lol some of the stuff about 2 sounds epic but over all it sounds like i should just get it over with lol but that majin form looks so badass!

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
you wont get to use the majin form much as you wnt have an occasion rise where your health is low enough to need it in dmc2 as the enemies are so weak and useless but you can watch the anime anytime really it doesnt really spoil the games

Blade8513

you wont get to use the majin form much as you wnt have an occasion rise where your health is low enough to need it in dmc2 as the enemies are so weak and useless but you can watch the anime anytime really it doesnt really spoil the games
Alright sweet is the anime pretty long? Like is there a couple seasons or is it just a few episodes? And is an English dub hard to find? I usually buy or download animes.

Blade8513

its only 12 episodes and you can find an english dub of all episodes on youtube
Oh alright ill probably just watch them on youtube one day when im not doing anything, is it pretty good, is it full of violence? Lol if it has that than im sold on watching it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

If you're gonna watch the anime, expect the following;
-no stylish Dante using stylish moves
-more guns then swords
-no other devil arms
-Trish hardly does anything on screen except in ep. 4 and ep. 12
-The real antagonist will show up at the end.
-every episode having an individual plot that will follow the same routine in some way.
-lazy Dante
-annoying Patty
-no Vergil
-no DT
-No over the top action
-strawberry sundaes up the ass
-jailer wants to "eat" Dante.
-Dante says f*ck in the English dub.
-Every demon is made of paper.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
If you're gonna watch the anime, expect the following;
-no stylish Dante using stylish moves
-more guns then swords
-no other devil arms
-Trish hardly does anything on screen except in ep. 4 and ep. 12
-The real antagonist will show up at the end.
-every episode having an individual plot that will follow the same routine in some way.
-lazy Dante
-annoying Patty
-no Vergil
-no DT
-No over the top action
-strawberry sundaes up the ass
-jailer wants to "eat" Dante.
-Dante says f*ck in the English dub.
-Every demon is made of paper.

that doesnt sound good at all? :s

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
the fight with the twins who were spardas apprentices had swordplay other scenes have sword play its,not just guns and he doesnt need dt as he is powerful enough without it trish doesnt need to do much its centered on dante its better than that jesus he made it sound shocking bad

Top Bottom