• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Old Are You?

Mobfigurz

Thanks Morrigan, I appreciate the words.

So we have an even balance on the scale of age, ranging from the youngest at 12 to the oldest at 26, on this forum at least.
Its good to see that the game is appealing to all ages and the game-play is of an equal level also.

I've also noticed that 50% of you guys/girls have only recently gotten into DMC and the majority have started off playing DMC3, so I understand it could be hard going backwards and experiencing the first game in which Dante's walking/running is slower and the storyline may throw you off track, not to mention the short comings of DMC2. All in all, it seems DMC is still a crowd puller and pleasing for each person that has played it, DMC4 shall capture a wider audience with its cross platform development, so we maybe in for a treat with DMC5.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow ANGEL, hope you have a wonderful day.

Mobfigurz

Someone refresh my memory, what was the date DMC1 was launched, for the life of me I cant remember, I just know I got DMC1 when it was launched.

Im guessing we're going back 5 odd years, in that case, 'DarkKnight' you started real young.
Did you understand the game completely back then or did you start to understand the storyline more as you got older?

Itachi Uchiha

forget myself..
Mobfigurz;46794 said:
Someone refresh my memory, what was the date DMC1 was launched, for the life of me I cant remember, I just know I got DMC1 when it was launched.

Im guessing we're going back 5 odd years, in that case, 'DarkKnight' you started real young.
Did you understand the game completely back then or did you start to understand the storyline more as you got older?
you might not have noticed but he probly could have understud it as a 2 year old he's smart he just likes to make alot of jokes and be funny he's a attion whore:lol: i didnt mean any thing bad by that its a good thing some times (am 16)

The dark knight

I understood it as I grew older.It was launched sometime I think in November of 2001.I beat the game in about 5 hours when I was little. I am a attention whore?Heh so are you.

Mobfigurz

5 Hours, damn, I think I took alot longer, but then again, I did take many breaks and play it on and off, cos at that time I didnt really know anything about DMC, it was the first time I had ever heard of it, I got it on launch day just by chance, as I was browsing the shop I liked the look of it so picked it up.
But since then, every DMC game launched, I have sat there and kept on playing till I have finished the game, only stopping to have a drink and a munch, maybe a smoke or two along the way.

I dont think I could sit there non-stop, my eyes begin to hurt after a few hours.

Itachi Uchiha

forget myself..
Mobfigurz;46799 said:
5 Hours, damn, I think I took alot longer, but then again, I did take many breaks and play it on and off, cos at that time I didnt really know anything about DMC, it was the first time I had ever heard of it, I got it on launch day just by chance, as I was browsing the shop I liked the look of it so picked it up.
But since then, every DMC game launched, I have sat there and kept on playing till I have finished the game, only stopping to have a drink and a munch, maybe a smoke or two along the way.

I dont think I could sit there non-stop, my eyes begin to hurt after a few hours.
eyes beging to burn funny if not at work or on the computer i play games all day not once has my eyes burned why?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Mobfigurz;46794 said:

Release date(s)
JPN August 23, 2001
NA October 17, 2001
EUR December 7, 2001

Which means I got it kind of late, since it was summer when I first played it.

Mobfigurz

Damn, does that mean I got it a day before my Birthday, I have a bad memory, I cant remember where I purchased it from either. Confused!

Okay, back on topic, what was the last relevant thing I said?

Itachi Uchiha

forget myself..
Mobfigurz;46556 said:
Damn, am I the oldest person here, hmmm, I sure as hell feel OLD now.

Well, what I'm trying to get at is, if all was as it is, do you think you would continue playing, I know none of us have foresight, thats why I posed the question the way I did.
Do you foresee your likes changing, knowing full well we cannot predict or say for certain what we will like tomorrow or dislike, if you had it your way and you continued to Love the Franchise, would you continue to play, or would you cease before the Game was brought to an end.

Hopefully the rest of you will give us insight as to whether or not you could foresee yourselves playing DMC out till the end, as I stated over a Ten year time span.
i belive this is^_^

Mobfigurz

So lets expand on that, any thoughts from anyone?

Also, if Dante was removed, god forbid, from DMC and lets say Nero or Vegil was placed at the helm, would you still play it, taking into consideration how you feel about Vergil and Nero, as you know then today?

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I agree with Sepiroth. Vergil is a son of Sparda so he is an exceptable replacement and it would still be DMC. But if the game was just Nero, mmmmmmm I might check it out. But I would still be ticked off.

Mobfigurz

See I have a hard time going back and playing the Older DMC's, and I cannot be bother to play them all the way through again, simply because I have done it and I know the outcome and thats with Dante being available and being enhanced to the max.

So if Dante was replaced, I for certain would not play any DMC that didnt include Dante, Dante is DMC to me and without him the mystique is lost, the excitement is gone, although I would be interested if Vergil was the lead character, but still would refuse to play.

Top Bottom