• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How I got into DMC

Gilver18

Hardcore Devil may cry fan
So this isn't the most interesting story as im sure their are far more interesting ones out their of how you came to know DMC, but anyways. So i first got into dmc1 when i met my gf, and well i played and beat dmc1, and then i Tried dmc3, and well i started off by hating it. I was at the time one of those morons who judges a game before then even gave it a fair shake. But then i skipped to dmc4 and i really enjoyed it, and their was this character, Vergil, and I wanted to know more about him. At this point in time when I decided to play dmc3 i was being severely bullied at the school i went to, and was on the verge of Suicide. And thats when i got into dmc3, and well as cheesy as this is i just felt connected with the characters. Dante, vergil, etc. And so i played through them all, loving each one, 2 not as much but i connected with that one as well because of well, i have a theory on why Dante is less Dantey, if you take my meaning. I really felt Dmc was always more deep then people gave the story credit for, In dmc3 Dante lost vergil... and he cried from the pain of losing the last of his family. Then in dmc1 he cried again from losing his only friend/love interest Trish, so then in my mind in dmc2 the reason hes so dark and moody is because he pushed Trish out of his life, because he became depressed, but he keeps the sparda name alive because he loves his family. So then coming up to 4 Dante is still depressed in my mind, but hes got the Robin Williams effect, where he is depressed but hes so depressed he overdoes his persona by trying to make everything a joke, and so in my mind in dmc4 he gets the will of wanting to live back. By learning that nero is his brothers son he feels that he is needed and has a purpose again. And at the moment i found my purpose as well, anyways thats my corny story of how i got into dmc. If you made it this far, congrats.

PS sorry if some if not all of my grammar is bad, when i get on long monologues i just forget to care.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
It was around the late summer of 2000, and I saw a preview of Devil May Cry on a show called GameSpot TV (later changing its name to Extended Play and then to X-Play) on the channel Tech TV. After seeing the trailer, I was hooked, and later the next year I played DMC1 at a neighbor and friend's house. Phantom kicked our asses, and took four of us to finally beat him in mission 3 after 20 agnonizing minutes. And then...Nelo Angelo. I was always kinda on/off with the series. I really did not get serious with the games until 2007, when Capcom would sell 1-3 in a pack for $20. After that, I was more hooked in to the franchise.

Part of the reason, was that I wanted more beat'em ups in the style of Streets of Rage/Final Fight. I would get my wish many years later, and I learned to role with it. Then after the trio pack, I bought DMC4 at launch on X360. Still don't regret it. Unfortunately, my original copy got fried, because my 360 for some reason after numerous RRODs, ate any copy of DMC 4 ( only it and no other discs). So I traded that 360 in for a refurbished 360 slim, and had to buy a used copy for $5. Great news was that the cover, manual, and disc were in perfect condition. Playing the DMC series had me go back and play some games that were clones of the series back on PS2/Gmecube, or Bayonetta, or more action games done in that style. God Hand being one of them.

Last edited:

Gilver18

Hardcore Devil may cry fan
It was around the late summer of 2000, and I saw a preview of Devil May Cry on a show called GameSpot TV (later changing its name to Extended Play and then to X-Play) on the channel Tech TV. After seeing the trailer, I was hooked and later the next yer I played DMC1 at a neighbor and friend's house. Phantom kicked our asses, and took four of us to finally beat him in mission 3 after 20 agnonizing minutes. And then...Nelo Angelo. I was always kinda on/off with the series. I really did not get serious with the games until 2007, with they would sell 1-3 in a pack for $20. After that, I was more hooked in to. Part of the reason, was that I wanted more beat'em ups in the style of Streets of Rage/Final Fight. I would get my wish many years later, and I learned to role with it. Then after the trio pack, I bought DMC4 at launch on X360. Still don't regret it. Unfortunately, my original copy got fried, because my 360 for some reason after numerous RRODs, ate any copy of DMC 4 ( only it and no other discs). So I traded that 360 in for a refurbished 360 slim, and had to but a used copy for $5. Great news was that cover, manual, and disc were in perfect condition. Playing the DMC series had me go back and play some games that were clones of the series back on PS2/Gmecube, or Bayonetta, or more action games done in that style. God Hand being one of them.
Their always seems to be some sort of pain involved with dmc, for you it was your discs XD

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I ended finding out about DMC through DMC3. I stumbled upon the Mission 20 ending on YouTube when i was 16 or so and loved it.

I actually didn't play DMC till years later (i was in college when DmC was first announced).

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I didn't get into DMC until much later on around the time of DMC4. I was first exposed to DMC after seeing a YT video of Vergil, which I considered a favorite character. I wouldn't go on to play it until much later on with DMC2 and DMC3. Then came DMC4, then DmC: Devil may Cry. I decided to play the HD collection for the Xbox 360 to play DMC1 for the first time. And then of course came DMC5.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I got into DMC when it was coming out. Like literally, before the game came out. I just loved the look of Dante, and what it was going for with DMC. I was anticipating it for months, maybe even years, because this was announced around the time RE3 wrapped up development. I didn't know it was going to become DMC like it is now. I'm glad I was along for the ride.

I've always loved Capcom and what they were doing, so naturally, I'd be excited for DMC. I did not expect to love DMC like I did. When DMC2 came out, and I played it for the first time, I was excited, but I was also disappointed at how rough it was. I mean, I'd played open world games, but DMC was not ready to be open world. Just leave the ****ing arcade-style design alone, and make a good game. Damn.

Then DMC3 came out, I'm like "DMC is back, baby!" I was interested in finishing the whole game. That's how much I loved DMC3. :)

And still do. :D

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
My brother had a PS2 back in 2001, I was 14 at the time and playing ocarina of time and Goldeneye 64 still

And some metal gear solid and other gems on ps

Then my brother got DMC1 , he didn't really like it so he set it aside

I tried it out, fell in love with the game and the rest is history

Played every DMC game ever since , even the mobile ones lol

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I first heard of DMC when I saw a review of Devil May Cry 3 in a magazine I got from Playstation Underground. I didn't really have a lot of interest in it back then, ironically enough.

Then my cousin was borrowing the game from a friend and he came over just to play it for a bit, and I was hooked, loved it. It was my favorite game for years afterwards. Also played the first game a bit. Got a Playstation 3 when I was 16, and got Devil May Cry 4 as my first game for it, got the HD collection when it came out, got DmC when it came out, joined this site.

When I got a PS4 my first game for that was DmC Definitive Edition. DMC4 Special Edition was the first game I digitally downloaded (Like 4 years later, and I'm still waiting for my physical copy from Amazon........Don't think I'm gonna get it........Wth was it only physically released in Japan again?) Bought The HD collection again, and then came DMC5, and now that's my favorite game. Yeah that about sums up the last 14 years of my life lol

V

Oldschool DMC fan
My hard copy of 4 SE is a Japanese import... if you're already familiar with the game's mechanics Japanese menus shouldn't be a barrier to playing, but I guess it is annoying they didn't give it a proper English release. Some of us like to physically own things ...

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
My hard copy of 4 SE is a Japanese import... if you're already familiar with the game's mechanics Japanese menus shouldn't be a barrier to playing, but I guess it is annoying they didn't give it a proper English release. Some of us like to physically own things ...
Can confirm, I got a physical copy for Christmas. Have to remember to click O for confirm/enter in the menus and X for cancel/exist when I'm use to the opposite is a bit annoying. But that's the only issue....Well that and the digital copy's save file doesn't work for it. But I just saw that as an excuse to play the game over.

Reactions: V
Top Bottom