• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Hideki Kamiya imagines DMC5...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
https://www.dualshockers.com/hideki-kamiya-devil-may-cry-5/

You know, I'm all up for some novelty within the series but a line has to be drawn somewhere. His wording is a bit ambiguous, I can't tell if he's talking about how he thinks Capcom will do it or how he would do it. The first part of the tweet seems to point at the latter, the second one at the former.

Nevertheless, reading "realistic, cinematic action game", "like the new God of War" associated with DMC still gets me shivers whatever the case. If that is how he truly imagines a DMC5 made by him, I can't but be all the more thankful that Itsuno is at the helm (or would be, in case he ain't working on it right now). I mean, realism? God of War?
I don't know why he'd wish for it to be like God of War when the strongest point of the series has been the peculiar "chain single moves together", free form combat system - as opposed to dial-a-combo - for years now. As well as the main cutscenes and narrative elements being relegated to begin/end mission and start/end of a boss fight, rather than having constant incursions mid-gameplay, such as walk and talk segments, cutscenes in the middle of a fight and so on.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I think he's just throwing the bone out into the wilds.
He feels like the Series is in need of a major Game Design overhaul like God of War is doing with it's newest game now.

I mean I'd be for a bit of change as well but if we're going into GoW teritory of change then count me out... that game got rid of the jump button and implemented a "call your son to do stuff" button wich still irks me (the story on the other hand looks interesting)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Foxtrot94
Wasn't this debunked as fake news in the other thread?

Tbh I have no interest in either god of war titles so idk what he means. I think @Erian1Mortal has the better idea in saying Kamiya meant DMC needs to go through a format change?

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actually I was saying those tweets were fake because if you look at the way they 'talk' that is way too articulate. Kamiya has very broken English and when it's not it's very Japanese. That was written by an English speaker.

It turns out that that was fake and Kamiya even wrote a response more akin to his English skills:
dtxc7ifv4aae9xj_by_wesker500-dbzvyq4.jpg

I really hoped to censor it but I guess I can let this one slide. Don't want to encourage rule breaking but this is the most efficient way to get the info across.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I highly doubt he actually meant new GoW, tbh...thats problem with twitter. You have to little words to explain what you meant and it usually ends up misread.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Agreed with that tweet.

Devil May Cry at it's core is insane anime action. While I kind of like the God of War revamp, I just can't see the same thing working for Devil May Cry. DMC has always been about a cocky, over the top protagonist with god-like powers. Stripping that from Dante (classic or reboot), is just wrong.

Top Bottom