• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How have i not heard of this?

seraphmaycry

simply the title, why have i not heard of nevan's incredible stun-lock capability, each of the bat swarms seem to have fairly nice stunning power, each one stunning a non devil triggered sin type enemy on DMD.

was this not worth mentioning? was it somehow never discovered?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
simply the title, why have i not heard of nevan's incredible stun-lock capability, each of the bat swarms seem to have fairly nice stunning power, each one stunning a non devil triggered sin type enemy on DMD.

was this not worth mentioning? was it somehow never discovered?

I seldom use Nevan, so I never knew of it, myself. ^^; I should use her more often, but I still need to unlock an ability or two of hers; that, and adapt to the controls when using her. I fare well with the others (Agni and Rudra particularly, next to Rebellion, of course) but for some reason, I'm nowhere near as good with Nevan.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Nevan is a really underrated weapon. Difficult to master for sure, but its great for crowd control, stunning, and most importantly it makes you practically invincible against Enigmas.

seraphmaycry

Nevan is a really underrated weapon. Difficult to master for sure, but its great for crowd control, stunning, and most importantly it makes you practically invincible against Enigmas.
'
oh yes, enigmas, and with the new-found stunning i can wreck the second most dangerous part of bloody palace, at the cost of my stinger move, sadly.
I seldom use Nevan, so I never knew of it, myself. ^^; I should use her more often, but I still need to unlock an ability or two of hers; that, and adapt to the controls when using her. I fare well with the others (Agni and Rudra particularly, next to Rebellion, of course) but for some reason, I'm nowhere near as good with Nevan.

i guess nevan is a harder weapon to use, or maybe the fine-tuning of the mechanics makes it less appealing to new players? also, i never thought of as the devil arms having genders, i guess i consider them separate from the bosses they come from even though they really are not.

seraphmaycry

'
oh yes, enigmas, and with the new-found stunning i can wreck the second most dangerous part of bloody palace, at the cost of my stinger move, sadly.

i guess nevan is a harder weapon to use, or maybe the fine-tuning of the mechanics makes it less appealing to new players? also, i never thought of as the devil arms having genders, i guess i consider them separate from the bosses they come from even though they really are not.

MKH Spartan

Personally I think Nevan is very good, I just don't know how to utilise it very well.

That, and I have too much trouble not just using Rebellion/Beowulf combination all the time when I play Dante lolol.

seraphmaycry

Personally I think Nevan is very good, I just don't know how to utilise it very well.

That, and I have too much trouble not just using Rebellion/Beowulf combination all the time when I play Dante lolol.

started using nevan today, wrecking my way through bloody palace.

lol, i did that for ages, but eventually moved on.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

^ Pretty much this, only insert Cerberus/Agni and Rudra where Beowulf is. :p I'm terrible with gauntlet and greaves weapons, as well. I can somewhat utilize Gilgamesh in 4, but most of the time, not so much...

I'm definitely not an old player, but I don't think I can be considered new anymore, either. O_O I'm pretty comfortable with the games, but certain weapons just don't get used as often as they probably should. ^^;

cheesydonutman

I love nevan, love the idea, love the look and I know that it is a powerful weapon. But for players like me who can barely master rebellion, this weapon is near useless in my hands. If I could get my dmc3 working I would definitely train myself to use this, but right now I am going to stick with using simpler weapons like agni and rudra.

seraphmaycry

I love nevan, love the idea, love the look and I know that it is a powerful weapon. But for players like me who can barely master rebellion, this weapon is near useless in my hands. If I could get my dmc3 working I would definitely train myself to use this, but right now I am going to stick with using simpler weapons like agni and rudra.

well, it's worth trying, definitely, and agni and rudra only really work as a primary weapon on lower difficulties, or so i found, as the knockback gets in the way of combos unless used very well.

cheesydonutman

well, it's worth trying, definitely, and agni and rudra only really work as a primary weapon on lower difficulties, or so i found, as the knockback gets in the way of combos unless used very well.
I am pretty good with agni and rudra but I am only playing on son of sparda

Top Bottom