• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

As the title says, just how far do you think Devil May Cry 2 is set in the future.

Basically, we all know that DMC2 is the most distant point where the main storyline has gone.

We see no signs of Trish, although she was playable(non canonically) - let alone Lady - who was created as a character in DMC3.

Dante is in his best and most epic I must admit, Devil Trigger of the series, Mystic/Majin Dante.

It's the game where Dante hints his father, Sparda, may have passed into another realm, possibly another demonic realm.

What could have brought the Legendary Devil Hunter to that drastic change of behavior.

Discuss here, and of course, keep it clean.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Being as how Dante is a Demon, i was thinking maybe 60 years?

The technology is face more advanced in DMC2 than DMC1, because they use an old style plane to esacpe the island, but in DMC2 there are tanks. I would say that at least 20 years, but with being demons, ageing would be slowed down (like logan//wolverine from x-men)

Alterniatvely, it could be over 100 years in the future, showing the time gap between the plane esacping (about 1940's) and the advanced tanks (mroe advanced than our own, possibly 50 years in the future?)

Thats my view =] rep+ for good topic

Sparda™

Thanks for the compliment, Vaux!;)

I wouldn't say Dante was in the 1940's in DMC1.

That wouldn't make sense, because we see recent type of guns and vehicles in DMC3, the pizzas....

That doesn't make sense...

Dante wouldn't suffer from aging at all.

I would myself see DMC2 in like 20 years ahead of DMC4.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i didnt say that it was set in the 1940's just that the plan looked from that kind of age, and the technological advances in transport used.

from DMC 4 to DMC 2 i see it further than 20 years if the demon part stops him ageing otherwise it would be able 5-8 years

Devil-Bringer

I think Dante ages like a human and in DMC2 he is in his 40's ^^.

And i think Dantes change of behaviour was because he was so ****ed off and may be in tons of debt with Lady he was wanting to get paid instead of having a crappy story. And the reason Trish and Lady don't make a canon appearance was because uptil DMC Anime and DMC 4 that they wanted to do thisto expand the DMC universe as much as possible

Sparda™

He ages in a way slow rate than normal humans.

And I think Capcom wouldn't make a simple story like that.

Zato-OW

King
You know I read somewhere that Dante probably wouldn't have been able to defeat the "real" Argosax/Despair if it wasn't for Arius. It was stated that Arius was trying to asorb Argosax power and use it for his own. He achieved this to some point but it wasn't completed and there left a very weak Argosax for Dante to clean up. What I'm getting at is Capcom says Dante is suppose to be surpassed Sparda in DMC2 but if that's the case why would he not be able to defeat Argosax/Despair if Sparda had done so?

Aslo Sparda still being alive is a good idea and bad idea. I would hate for them two to clash in the future, just something about it seems wrong. At the same time though they may have a Bigboss and Snake moment, that I like.

Sparda™

Hm, never heard DMC2 Dante was more powerful than Sparda...

I was thinking the same thing about the 'Sparda being alive' thing...

Devil-Bringer

Sparda™;149519 said:
He ages in a way slow rate than normal humans.

And I think Capcom wouldn't make a simple story like that.

I disagree because look how Lady has aged along with him in DMC3 they were about the same age. And in DMC4 they look about the same age group there to this is the only clue that i have that Dante ages like a human

Devil-Bringer

Sparda™;149688 said:
DMC4 is 10 years after DMC3.

Lady is human, while Dante is a hybrid.

But that doesn't mean Dante ages like a demon here's what i think.

DMC3-Dante is about 18-19ish
DMC1-Dante is about 23-24ish
DMC4-Dante is about 30-33ish
DMC2-Dante is about 40-44ish

Sparda™

It is already confirmed DMC4 is 10 years after DMC3, so that age is figured out already.

The DMC Anime is canonical and in terms of chronological order is after DMC1 and before DMC4. That's why you see Trish and Lady together.

Hinting It is some years near DMC4, 25 would seem the perfect age.

As of DMC2 Dante, there's nothing about his age.

Zato-OW

King
I'm pretty sure Dante ages like a human. He aged just as much as Lady has. But this doesn't mean it will always be this way for him. Probably just an side affect from being half human. Unlike Sparda Dante has no true form because hes half and half. Also it was said he wasn't able to hold on to his devil form for too long because he was part human. That goes to show they have limits from being hybrids. So hes kinda like Blade. Get the Vamp strength but alot of human affects like walking in sun light and aging. But even Kobayashi said Dante and Blade has some similarities.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Slight correction Sparda...Trish mentioned it had been twenty years since Eva was killed and Vergil was "lost", and DMC3 was ten years after that event, such has been confirmed by the game staff. Dante was stated to be 28 in DMC1, so dmc3 = 18, Dmc1 = 28, and from there, it's between 2 to 4 years after DMC1 we hit dmc4, thus Dante is 30 to 32 in DMC4. When it comes to DMC2...meh, who wants to figure that out, even Capcom flip flops between "it's not counted anymore" and "Um...it's REALLY far down the timeline, so we don't need to worry."

Sparda™

^ Another correction, since It's been confirmed Lady has aged 10 years since DMC3.

Meaning, DMC4 is 10 years after DMC3.

Dante is confirmed he was 19 in DMC3, so there you go - you have a 29 year old Dante in DMC4.

Zato-OW

King
Actually Dante is suppose to be 28 in DMC1 so him being 28 in DMC4 may be true since its suppose to be months after DMC1. But no one is really sure this is why I say hes 28-29. Because it was stated DMC anime is 2 months after DMC1 and DMC4 is a couple of months after the DMC anime. This makes Dante 28-29. But it does say Dante is in his late teens in DMC3 and DMC4 is 10 years set after that game sooo 29 may be the correct age.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Then those are recent retcons, being that as of DMC3, the last outright timeline defining that I was able to check, DMC3 was ten years before DMC1. Where, might I ask, is is said "Lady is ten years older since DMC3" though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom