• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How exactly is Vergil alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Why would Mundus allow Nelo *in the vulnerable state he was in after the third fight* to just lose all his ...Neloness and survive, every son of Sparda is a threat to him. There was a quite violent crash after the camera cut to Dante (like when Griffon dies) which was probably (Originally) Vergil being destroyed by Mundus. Remember his way of doing things " You have failed me, you are no longer worthy" If you fail Mundus you die simple as, the only reason he didnt kill Trish was because he knew that Eva is Dante's one true weakness (and almost ended their fight before it began because of her)

Having said that everyone seems to want him back so I suppose Capcom will bring him back just becaue they dont want to upset us and lose sales and fans. But this is why I dont want him back because it wouldnt make much sense. It would be pointless, Vergil's role is over. I dont want him back for the sake of having him back.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I hate these threads, I tried one it is useless...

Anyway, capcom would never bring him back for the sake of bringing him back, he will be back however and with good reason.

When Vergil returns to DMC in the next game I will laugh your face.

Same goes for anyone else who thinks he is finished.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
OMG, are you serious man?

When I watch the clip of Nelo going into the air, I think he is getting rid of all the corruption. Being around Dante perhaps gave him the strength and his memory back... He probably broke free of being Mundus' puppet, and that is why Mundus couldn't summon him to his side to finish him off. When he broke the corruption, Mundus may have felt somethign due to this and was given the impression that Vergil was destroyed, therefore saying defeated... But he never states DEAD.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I think the reason Mundus knows is because he was watching, like when trish gets saved and the 3 red eyes appear next to her. I was thinking along the lines that Dante had beat him 3 times and like Griffon Mundus had got sick of his failures, he did just say "defeated" but where did he go if he wasn't blown into nothing? he didnt fly off like he did the last two fights he just vanished like Griffon did.

Black Angel;124935 said:
Anyway, capcom would never bring him back for the sake of bringing him back, he will be back however and with good reason.

What reason would that be? only one can use the full power of Sparda.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Griffon didn't vanish, I saw Mundus completely destroy him. We NEVER see Mundus kill Vergil, and we never see Vergil die, we see him go up into the air and do that gay thing, then there is a flash... His amulet drops, and he is gone. Maybe he went somewhere to sort himself out power wise? Maybe he is trapped somewhere? I dunno... And I don't care atm. Maybe he even threw the amulet down so that it would be useful to Dante? All speculation...

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
These threads only last long enough for childish arguments, and they should all be eliminated.

No offense.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I agree. Everyone has his/her own opinion. No reason to start threads like this which will most certainly result to arguments. Thread locked.

As for Vergil, in reality no one knows. Both the opinion "he has a huge fanbase so he will return" and "but he died already,why should he be brought back" are pointless. Future DMC games will show us the "answer" to whether he will be brought back or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom