• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Dante & Kat might look like in a live-action DmC film

aoshi

In my discussion with LysseC I wasn't talking about how true his costume stays to the katana's origin or something like this.

My reference to katana was to question authenticity as a reason to decide vergil's outfit.

I was talking about flexibility,comfort and how they should pay less attention to how expensive it looks and more on how comfortable they are for the characters to fight :).

If we compare vergil's costume with previous games or even with dante or nero, It looks more comfortable and casual. Even as a combat character. Vergil had some slick moveset in VD which shows his comfort level as a combat character.

And he's not yet the ruler of the demon world so his outfit is not what we should be so focused on. I know he's a classy looking character but the outfit looks more fitting to some kind of an earl rather than a fighting character who is supposed to be faster.So yes, I still don't see the connection yet.

Again with authenticity. TBH, Vergil did not break a sweat in DmC except for the final battle with dante. He is a calculative character who measures his odds at a fight and does not blindly rub shoulders unless he is forced to. He was also brains behind bringing mundus down. So we can't judge his outfit based on his combat abilities alone. Even as a combat character, I find his outfit perfectly fine , jus as other characters like dante and nero from previous games.

And if Vergil was to be some kind of a president(in our case,''ruler of the demon world'without fighting then yes,but he's not,so again,I don't see the connection.

Well, he did put an end to mundus's dominance on human world. Technically, he never wanted to be ruler of demon world but wanted to establish control on human world. But at the end of vergil's downfall, we do see him establish authority over demons.So yeah, he did control humans and at the end demons as well.But we can't say his outfit is not authentic as a demon emperor cuz he ain't one yet. Technically at the end of vergil's downfall, he had become one.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Let's end this discussion with his outfit since it seems to have no end -_-.
Not that is so much of an importance,I was simply debating its look.
You know, I'm fine with the DMC2 costume (off-topic I know, but bear with me here) and with a similar blue counterpart that Vergil could use. The problem is that I don't know what else Vergil could wear that would have dark blue motif.

Remember, in DMC3 he used a blue silk coat. And I think that Nero's dark blue coat was denim, and not leather. Well, it definitely didn't look like leather from my opinion anyway.

I'm just saying, now that we've had denim for Nero, silk for DMC3 Vergil, and cotton (I think) for DmC Vergil, I really can't think of anything that could be used as a counterpart to DMC2 Dante's costume.

Edit: And I know that DmC Vergil's coat was dark green, but the pants, coat insignia, and sleeve-wrap were blue themselves, giving Vergil an overall blue motif.

It's hard to find a shade of blue that would go well on leather. That's why Dante's leather jacket was so dark that it was almost black. So to me, it doesn't even qualify as "blue" at that point.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
watch

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Lol I know, but in looks he's there. He just needs bluer pants and some polished shoes.

And Yamato! =D
I like this suit better than the original one.In my opinion, he can keep the shoes and pants.

A katana can be purchased almost anywhere. An o-katana cannot. I think that's why I like this Vergil better. He's slightly easier to cosplay.

However, if he can't get a sword for some reason, I won't hold that against him. He still looks pretty badass.

Edit:
LOL. Dat face!
Now I have to know -- which "Nostalgic" review is that from? I haven't seen them all, so I have no idea. :lol:

Top Bottom