• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How 2 run DMC3: SE on Windows Vista

CaMuSeK

Can sb help me 2 run that game on Windows Vista? Cuz i dont know how 2 do it? Or tell does it work on that Windows?
If it will help u here is my performence of my pc:
Windows Vista: Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHZ (4 CPUs), ~2.4ghz
3gb ram
GeForce 8600GS 512mb (But it is displayin 1775 xD dont know why)
Resolution 1680 x 1050
Thats all i can say now... Thank you.... :) :)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Damn - if only Dark Drakan were here he'd probably know the answer...

Is DMC3 compatible with Vista in the first place? I don't really know an awful lot of anything about operating systems and the like so that's all I can think of to ask...you may need to find a site that provides legal patches to fix any compatibility issues that could be causing the problems.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Does it not run at all or do you have display problems or what? What is the problem exactly that your having? Ive heard that it runs on Vista so shouldnt be just that causing the issue. Vauxchen posted some links to some good patches for it that might help before we go any further.

CaMuSeK

Im tryin to download them but i had 1st 2 register nd im waitin for the verify e-mail, nd then i will download it.
Nd th problem is like there is window showin but after 1 or 2 seconds its closin nd showin some msg like "Close program" or sth.... I will write later does that patches helped me or not

*Sorry for my english but i dont speak very well wit that language :(:(

Sparda™

On the shortcut at the desktop, use the right-click and go to Properties. There go to Compatibility and choose Windows XP: Service Pack 2. Click OK and you shouldn't have any problems. That's how It works for me at least.:)

Dark Drakan

Admin
CaMuSeK;95161 said:
Im tryin to download them but i had 1st 2 register nd im waitin for the verify e-mail, nd then i will download it.
Nd th problem is like there is window showin but after 1 or 2 seconds its closin nd showin some msg like "Close program" or sth.... I will write later does that patches helped me or not

*Sorry for my english but i dont speak very well wit that language :(:(

Have to let us know if the patches help at all, and you could try Dante Aseroths technique as it can work sometimes. Your english is fine, we can understand dont worry. ^_^

CaMuSeK

Im not so stupid xD I had done it before... i was tryin wit each option there is nd its not workin :(

Those patches r not workin. There is same problem as before.... nd i was tryin Dante Aseroths technique aswell nd its not workin...

Sparda™

I didn't say you were stupid. I was just trying to be helpful.:lol:

The patches must work.

P.S.: As for your PC Specs, mine are more higher.:D

CaMuSeK

Not yet.... I will do this now...

Thanku.... its now workin =]
But one more question.... How i can play on Full screan? Cuz i think that there is not option 4 that.

Dark Drakan

Admin
CaMuSeK;95231 said:
Not yet.... I will do this now...

Thanku.... its now workin =]
But one more question.... How i can play on Full screan? Cuz i think that there is not option 4 that.

Press ALT and Enter? After the Intro i think and that should work.

CaMuSeK

Didnt know that it is workin in games aswell =]
Thanks for help... =]
Now i can play it even if i was playin that on PS2 but anyway its great game =] =]

Dark Drakan

Admin
CaMuSeK;95245 said:
Didnt know that it is workin in games aswell =]
Thanks for help... =]
Now i can play it even if i was playin that on PS2 but anyway its great game =] =]

No problem, happy to help. ^_^

ideal

hello guys i need your help ? I installed the game on my windows vista and the paches too but it doesn't work ??? it says " dmc3se.exe is not responding " ??? it makes me crazy !!! please help me somebody ...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I had that problem on My XP. I found out that my computer wasn't compatible with the game (it was either something to do with the sound or video card.) It works fine on my Vista laptop, but i lost the save game when I encountered the blue screen of death... i didn't have the patches installed either. In fact, here's the link to the thread that I posted when I had trouble.
http://forums.devilmaycry.org/threads/dmc3se-pc-troubleshooting.6880/

The full specifications for the game are here:
http://www.ubi.com/us/games/info.aspx?pid=4394

But, it either sounds like a video card problem, a sound card problem or installing the patches... but I'd go with video card.

Sorry I can't be anymore help.

Dark Drakan

Admin
hello guys i need your help ? I installed the game on my windows vista and the paches too but it doesn't work ??? it says " dmc3se.exe is not responding " ??? it makes me crazy !!! please help me somebody ...

Have you updated drivers for video card and sound card? What are your specs?

Top Bottom