• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Horror Buffs

iry

Lexy;202247 said:
But I'm a sucker for sci-fi/action/fantasy films. Any horror seeping in there's fine by me. So, stuff like Alien, Jaws, Pan's Labyrinth, Ghostbusters, Cube, Sunshine... I love it.

I like those! Except ghostbusters tho.
If you like fantasy, you really should see Avatar.. Its an amazing SICK movie!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I did see Avatar 3D.

Very pretty, overall a fairly enjoyable popcorn flick, but it could have been better. I've got into so many debates over Avatar lately, haha... I won't here. I'll just say there's very little originality in Avatar's plot or premise and that disappointed me (among other things).

I don't wanna derail a thread that meant to be about horror flicks... >_>

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;202204 said:
I love Ju-On: The Grudge. Is it just me, or are the Japanese better at making Horror films?

Meh, I dunno. The Grudge, The Ring - both with creepy girls I like to mimick and scare the pants off my little brother with - well, when I had my long black hair. She's seemed to leak into every Japanese movie since then, like Shutter. Gimme a Japanese horror that doesn't involve the same half decomposed vengeful ghostie crawling down stairs or missing a jaw, and I might change my mind, but to me they're all predictable and that makes for a boring film.

Btw, I agree about Avatar. The movie was spectacular where graphics were concerned, but as for the movie itself, it was laughable - and I mean it WAS, I burst out laughing in very inappropriate moments (eh, dude and alien getting jiggy with it? ROFL) because it was just so 'been there done that' scenarios.

The Messengers was an alright movie for me personally. The remake of Amityville Horror only freaked me out right at the end (gah, those contact lenses were fudgin creepy, I nearly snapped my then boyfriend's hands because I got such a big fright when she started screaming) because the rest was mediocre horror.

And...I've got to say this: the most horrific movie to ever hit the big screen - Twilight, and whatever blahish followups its gonna have. And I don't mean horrific in a good way.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I've always loved horror though sometimes I have to be careful because my imagination will run wild and I'll scare myself to the point where I can't sleep. Haha. It's hard to find a really good horror film, I found some, but it was easier to find true horror in video games. My first horror type game was Parasite Eve and I had some moments where I unplugged the PS1 or asked my mom to please turn it off.

Then there was Silent Hill. Silent Hill mentally and emotionally effects me.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I can't watch horror. I'm a fifteen year old, and I'm "supposed" to be into that stuff? I was scarred for life by this movie I never learned the name of... The only thing I remember is that this guy got this giant needle filled with red liquid in his head, then the next thing you know his head turns into this weird crab lookin' think and explodes. I saw that when I was four... Never touched horror again. I had a dream where a guy had a dart-gun filled with those needles. I ran and ran, and (surprisingly) I never got hit. I ended up clubbing the guy to death with a frying pan. (One of the reasons I don't use that thing in L4D2... Bad memories.)

My scariest nightmare... Well, let's just say it involved Pyramid Head, and leave it at that, okay? I REALLY don't feel like going into detail...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DreadnoughtDT;202383 said:
I can't watch horror. I'm a fifteen year old, and I'm "supposed" to be into that stuff? I was scarred for life by this movie I never learned the name of... The only thing I remember is that this guy got this giant needle filled with red liquid in his head, then the next thing you know his head turns into this weird crab lookin' think and explodes.

Nah, horror is a preference. I know lots of teenagers who aren't into it, so you're normal, don't worry ^_^

Speaking about exploding heads - I watched Daybreakers last night and :lol::lol: I kept watching and waiting for this dude to suddenly implode after they injected him with blood, and he threw up instead (which made me go '****!') and THEN his head went pop (hahaha) They use the cheap bat-trick to give you a fright though. Right in the beginning of the movie, right in the middle, and right at the end. The plot of the movie was alright, considering I'm not into vampires at all, but it could have been better. I'd recommend it for anyone with enough love for vampires, and a sense of humour (because the bat-thing, it's a humour-thing)

Top Bottom