• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Honest question...how good is DmC combat

Basically DmC is DMC3 and DMC4 with much easier command inputs, nothing is particularly hard to execute per say, but you can definitely do some very elaborate and creative combos if you use your imagination, which is what seems to confuse lots of players from the previous DMC games. The skill in DmC is using your imagination to create complex combos and less about mastering controls like a fighting game.

As for lock on, I can't stress this enough, the game does snap to target if you center your camera, and if you want to isolate a target you have a number of attacks that will do just that, spread out the mob, and then center your camera on the enemy you want to focus on and go to town.

Left stick Button - toggles ranged targets while shooting any of the weapons, this can be changed.
Right Stick Button - Centers the camera, snaps to the target Dante is currently targeting with his soft lock.

The hierarchy of targeting in DmC breaks down like this
1. Direction player is pushing left stick,
2. Enemies that are about to attack
3. Enemy proximity to attack being inputed by player.
4. Camera Positioning

If you are not pushing the stick in any particular direction than the game will refocus your attacks in crowded combat scenarios towards enemies that are about to attack you.

I posted this in my main thread, but I think this should give you a good taste of the advanced stuff you can do if you feel like it.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
im nly jokin dude do the games at your own pace if we dnt get to do trials before xmas then it can wait now back on topic dreamrunners you gotta,love fighting them:)

Dont spoil it too much for me i havent done the reboot eyt but honest question whats the most fun enemy to fight on DmC

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
for me dreamrunners and butchers and the executioner too

bah cant wait lol so much dmc to finish so much to pick from lol must exercise paitience need to finish dmc 3 the only thing im really gunna have an issue with is the secret missions as they seem really annoying hey quick question royal guard in dmc3 and dmc4 whats your secret??? example i did dmc4 secret mission 8 is it? where you royal block 5 times in a row hated it!!!!!! lol couldnt get it right untill i started realising with mephisto's theres a certain timing to it when they shoot there lasers it makes a specific sound and when that sound goes to a high pitch whine i hit the block but how do you do it with all of the enemies?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
it just requires time and effort dude and once you master it its easy you do it without even thinking or looking at the control or anything

berto

I Saw the Devil
What diffuculty if you dont mind me asking?
Normal. I had a hard time keeping the style meter up and the time down. I did this with no updates (actually, after the second tine I had stinger) or other weapons on swordmaster.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Normal. I had a hard time keeping the style meter up and the time down. I did this with no updates (actually, after the second tine I had stinger) or other weapons on swordmaster.

Kool i actually love that first room when i was buying my devil trigger bar and health bar still for blue and purple orbs i would s rank the first mission over and over again to get 5000 points every time

Blade8513

All I can say is that the newest one was the first one I have ever played and I absolutely loved that game and i loved Vergil's downfall too, enough to where I am purchasing the HD collection tonight and I will be purchasing 4 as soon as I finish the first 3, It takes a lot for me to get REALLY into a video game series , so for me to like it enough that im going to turn around and purchase every other game in the series is saying something IMO.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
The combat in DmC is streamlined and easy as hell, there's no debate.
If this is your first time playing through the game you should play on the hardest default mode so it's not as insulting.

The massive gripe I had was the boss battles, in previous games they were the most challenging and entertaining parts of the game where the bosses behaved like normal enemies but with a s**tload more moves forcing you to use the skills you learned the best of your ability, while in DmC they are dumbed down in the most dull and cliche manner possible, only requiring a certain criteria be meet so you can hack away at them with no skill required.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
All I can say is that the newest one was the first one I have ever played and I absolutely loved that game and i loved Vergil's downfall too, enough to where I am purchasing the HD collection tonight and I will be purchasing 4 as soon as I finish the first 3, It takes a lot for me to get REALLY into a video game series , so for me to like it enough that im going to turn around and purchase every other game in the series is saying something IMO.

you wont be disapointed my friend:) now if you need gameplay and combat tips on DMC4 contact member ef9 o shea if you need DMC3 tips go to member MKH spartan and any other im sure the site has a guide play DMC3 then DMC4 Then DMC1 then DMC 2 thats it order lol have fun

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i have plenty of dmc3 dante tips too and dmc1 tips dante must die mode and legendary dark knight mode in dmc1 tips for xbox or ps2 if you need help feel free to pm me Dmc2 you won't run into much trouble if any on that lol. Anyway send a message if you get stuck

Top Bottom