• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Honest question...how good is DmC combat

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
We can't compare combat of DmC and its previous games cuz lock-on is removed in DmC. Lock-on guarantees precision combat in previous games. So not having one means the DmC does not demand precision as previous games.

Whatchu talkin bout aoshi lol..but seriously theres no lock on..at all?..not even a lil bit??

aoshi

Whatchu talkin bout aoshi lol..but seriously theres no lock on..at all?..not even a lil bit??

In previous games, there is a dedicated button to lock-on but in DmC there's no button at all. DmC uses soft lock-on i guess where we lock targets using left-analog stick but once we move analog stick to different direction lock-on switches to another target. Not much precision as previous games.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
In previous games, there is a dedicated button to lock-on but in DmC there's no button at all. DmC uses soft lock-on i guess where we lock targets using left-analog stick but once we move analog stick to different direction lock-on switches to another target. Not much precision as previous games.

okay so what im clicking down on the left analog attack and then click it again to lock on to something else?

aoshi

okay so what im clicking down on the left analog attack and then click it again to lock on to something else?

I played for first six missions or so and i didn't experiment much with lock-on but i didn't click like it was required in previous games.I jus point my analog stick and input next move. In case of melee, I can point to different direction in middle of a combo and attack will land on enemy in the same direction but no clicking necessary. But fire-arms, IDK, I stop firing, point analog stick in necessary direction , start firing and voila , target changed.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I played for first six missions or so and i didn't experiment much with lock-on but i didn't click like it was required in previous games.I jus point my analog stick and input next move. In case of melee, I can point to different direction in middle of a combo and attack will land on enemy in the same direction but no clicking necessary. But fire-arms, IDK, I stop firing, point analog stick in necessary direction , start firing and voila , target changed.

Thats kinda messed up lol ill miss the good old days of left trigger lock on dammit lol thats gunna get some getting used to

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

There's no dedicated lock on button but facing certain enemies is simply changing your direction. Not a big deal at all. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to just turn around.:ermm: You have full 360 control of the camera.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
There's no dedicated lock on button but facing certain enemies is simply changing your direction. Not a big deal at all. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to just turn around.:ermm: You have full 360 control of the camera.

Still i like a dedicated button for lock on just personal preference but i assume ill get used to it

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
lock on isn‘t needed in the game as the combat mechanics are done in a way it‘s not crucial it‘s just peoples preference to have it it‘s not actually needed and doesn‘t effect the flow of combat

i figured that too still its a preference

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
get killer is dead the combat s unreal and fun i prefer it over gaiden but neither of them compare do the fun i have in,dmc4

i dont think anything compares to the fun you have in dmc4 lol and the difference of ng3re and dmc is you dont have to be stylish in ninja gaiden or keep a style bar up just keep killing but in dmc locking on helps so you dont hit air or lose track of enemies but im getting used to it perfect example i hardly ever lock on with vergil darkslayer gets me to the nearest enemy and if i dont want to then judgement cut is it? and kill the whole horde lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
you can be stylish in ng3e with clever use of shurikens like shuriken canceling in ng2 and upwards attacks and the staff or dual katanas il show you sometime when we do more trials

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
you can be stylish in ng3e with clever use of shurikens like shuriken canceling in ng2 and upwards attacks and the staff or dual katanas il show you sometime when we do more trials

sounds great i love wrecking people with tht staff i need to level mine up further along with my unknown

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
ya you do a,bit ha :)

ill get on it lol i have nothing but time unless your going somewhere lol i want to atleast do what i need to do in dmc3 and 4 and then do dark sector brutal diffuculty and iron man hard and very hard mode and my batman arkham city medal challenges as well

Top Bottom