• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

HMV Taking Metal Gear Solid 4 Preorders For Xbox 360

Dark Drakan

Admin
Seems the rumour mill has been blown apart again with HMV taking preorders for an Xbox 360 version of Hideo Kojima's last ever Metal Gear Solid game. Rumours have been thrown back and forward for a long time, and many thought that MSG 4 would not appear on Microsofts console but it seems more and more rumours are disputing that. However they have said the Xbox 360 version will come a full 5+months later. Metal Gear Solid 4 will apparently be available April 18th 2008 on PS3. Then, Xbox 360 will get it on September 26th apparently. Will this be another former PS3 exclusive to come to Xbox 360 or will all this just fizzle out and not happen... only time will tell.

Screenshot

Read Full Aricle Here: News: HMV takes MGS4 360 pre-orders - CVG.com

Dark Drakan

Admin
The dark knight;47697 said:
That is IT!BOTH MY FAVORITE SERIES HAVE BEEN RUINED!

Ruined how? Its still the same game, no difference but more people can play it, typical fanboy attitude thats spoiling gaming today... plus with it being last in series they can sell much more on more platforms and go out on a high.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I actually am happy that games spread on both directions. There are those who could not afford PS3 and bought X-box360. But some of them had PS2 and some of its popular games. I believe it is nice to allow them to get the new versions of their favourite series in their new console. Actually the best would be for most successful games of either console to become multiplatform as it would spread the game throughout more players.
Anyway that is good news^_^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Tony_Redgrave;47702 said:
I actually am happy that games spread on both directions. There are those who could not afford PS3 and bought X-box360. But some of them had PS2 and some of its popular games. I believe it is nice to allow them to get the new versions of their favourite series in their new console. Actually the best would be for most successful games of either console to become multiplatform as it would spread the game throughout more players.
Anyway that is good news^_^

Id agree, i wouldnt mind most big titles going multiplatform. I wouldnt want them all doing it as there wouldnt be much point in rival consoles if they had exactly same games but im glad most big titles are becoming multiplatform. People seem to forget that MSG has appeared on console other than a Sony one before (Nintendo Gamecube).

Dark Drakan

Admin
The dark knight;47704 said:
Xbox fanboys are the worst and we are giving them what they want!I say we take their Halo!

:lol: no they arent, ive seen more PS3 fanboys *****ing on all forums than 360 ones. Mainly saying Microsoft stole games from Sony and are taking all Sonys best titles... if Sony have to only rely on 3rd party games they have no rights to, that any company is open to sign thats their fault and the companies are fair game to any company to poach. They should be signing up more developers to make games for them exclusively. Anyway i hate most fanboys as they should just play the games and stop moaning about the other consoles, if you dont like them then dont play them and miss out on lots of great games, afterall the games are what they are there for. Halo (Bungie) are owned by Microsoft and not a 3rd party title so dont see that happening ever.

Hexadecimal

Queen of Chaos
The dark knight;47704 said:
Xbox fanboys are the worst and we are giving them what they want!I say we take their Halo!

making games available for both PS3 and 360 isn't about "giving fanboys what they want" :wacko:
it's all about the market... the fact is that with the super high prices of both consoles that a large number of people could only afford one and with the 360 coming out earlier and having more exclusives a lot of people, myself included, bought it over the PS3... not because I don't like Playstation, I own a PS2, I'm just not made of money and neither are a lot of other people...
knowing that a large portion of fans of previous games may now own only one of the 2 consoles, it just makes sense to cash in by making it available to both =]

and a true fan of a game wouldn't give a **** which console a game was released on, they'd prefer it was available on as many mediums as possible so that Everyone in the world could experience it and love it as much as they do...
people who ***** about a game being multiplatform aren't gaming fans they're just hopped up console fanboys who care more about the commercialization of gaming than what it's supposed to be about, which is playing and loving games, and you can do that on either console ;)

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
:O If Xbox 360 owners get MGS4 then I say it's only fair PS3 owners get splinter cell 5!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Haven;47730 said:
:O If Xbox 360 owners get MGS4 then I say it's only fair PS3 owners get splinter cell 5!

Previous Splinter Cells have been on both consoles and this is only 2nd to be exclusive i think out of them all. Im sure the PS3 will get another version of it or something.

Top Bottom