• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hiya, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero

Nice username you have there! I started DMC4:SE recently and Nero is just :'^)

That sounds spooky ;-; I worry about messing up forum posts often myself.

Considering I got a few Ds on my first mission, a B sounds amazing!
Although I have no idea how the ranking system works, ack-
I wish you luck with your other missions though!

All friends and friend hybrids like frenemies are cool in my book :D
Thank you for the sweet welcome c:
thanks~ i said the same thing when i joined i was like jackpot! i thought to myself how was this name not taken? even i get lucky sometimes =P i wish i could get and play se but no ps4 so my luck ran out! (ha that was quick huh? xD) i have no idea how the ranking system works either never cared i wanna jump cancel but it's hard.. i just learned stuff with trickster and i was like this is so cool~ then i went to dmc3 and tried to do the same thing i did it against the.. uh.. scythe boss? dunno it's name xD but when i tried it on cerberus i couldn't jc him. i must be doing something wrong you know? xD thanks for the luck i'll need it! sos (son of sparda is hard though i noticed i said sop in my first post i'm a dunce haha~ xD) well make lots of em! lots and lots! i wanna be included though but i can't decide between friend or enemy.. i'll be a frenemy then okay? okay? please..? T^T okay i'll stop with my jumbo reply now~ p.s. LOD sorry if my reply is too jumbo *bows head and claps hands together in apology* (i'm kidding just messin with ya~ xD)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hiya :D I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything suspicious while I roam the site then ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I hope "Predator" doesn't imply I might be eaten!

Oh no we don't eat our prey. Just rip their spine and skull off. Make for nice trophies.

Reigndown

thanks~ i said the same thing when i joined i was like jackpot! i thought to myself how was this name not taken? even i get lucky sometimes =P i wish i could get and play se but no ps4 so my luck ran out! (ha that was quick huh? xD) i have no idea how the ranking system works either never cared i wanna jump cancel but it's hard.. i just learned stuff with trickster and i was like this is so cool~ then i went to dmc3 and tried to do the same thing i did it against the.. uh.. scythe boss? dunno it's name xD but when i tried it on cerberus i couldn't jc him. i must be doing something wrong you know? xD thanks for the luck i'll need it! sos (son of sparda is hard though i noticed i said sop in my first post i'm a dunce haha~ xD) well make lots of em! lots and lots! i wanna be included though but i can't decide between friend or enemy.. i'll be a frenemy then okay? okay? please..? T^T okay i'll stop with my jumbo reply now~ p.s. LOD sorry if my reply is too jumbo *bows head and claps hands together in apology* (i'm kidding just messin with ya~ xD)

I never have that much luck with anything xD Lucky you, indeed.
There aren't many new things in SE other than more playable characters? (I'm probably wrong though!)
Well, I'm not used to hack-and-slash but I figured trying something new would be nice. In the end, they're just letters, right? :p I'll have to Google that scythe boss- sounds interesting. Type as much as you'd like, Nero!

Yes, let's be frenemies!
...now I have two people in my army ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Oh no we don't eat our prey. Just rip their spine and skull off. Make for nice trophies.

Ah, I see. I bet there's a nice trophy room in your place then...
Time for me to hide-

Nero

I never have that much luck with anything xD Lucky you, indeed.
There aren't many new things in SE other than more playable characters? (I'm probably wrong though!)
Well, I'm not used to hack-and-slash but I figured trying something new would be nice. In the end, they're just letters, right? :p I'll have to Google that scythe boss- sounds interesting. Type as much as you'd like, Nero!

Yes, let's be frenemies!
...now I have two people in my army ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Ah, I see. I bet there's a nice trophy room in your place then...
Time for me to hide-
okay okay this is the last time~ i gotta let other say hi i dun wanna be a hog xD but i remembered it's name~ it's the hellvanguard in mission 2 it's a boss and in other missions it's boss like without a health bar like normal enemies. it'll make it looking it up easier now that the name has been remembered~ okie then peace~

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Considering I got a few Ds on my first mission, a B sounds amazing!
Although I have no idea how the ranking system works, ack-

i can explain the ranking system for you
at the end of a misson there are your 3 ranks
Clear Time
Stylish Points
Orbs Found

Time should be no problem the game gives you allot to get an S rank

Stylish Point is how well you do in fights
the 2 key factors in getting style points in fights is not getting hit and switching up your moves
if you spam the same move too much your style rank wont go up you need to switch up your moves in order for your rank to go up
if you get hit it will force your rank down and you wont get much style
the higher you rank is the more style you get from attacks
you also get more red orbs and proud souls

now to get a high rank for Orbs Found is a little annoying
basically all you have to do destroy objects
boxes, benches, chairs, the pods in the forest
brake everything you can
and find the hidden orb spots with nero's glowing arm there in the same spot every time so once you find them with nero you can get them with everyone

the last thing is your bonus or penalty
dying or useing items will give you a huge penalty to your end rank making it pretty much impossible to get a good rank
so if you die you might as well restart the mission

there are also 2 bonuses
no items and no damage
if you get no damage your pretty much guaranteed an S rank

to get an end rank of S you pretty much need an S for stylish points
and A's for the other 2
or an A for stylish
and S's for the other 2

if you do well your mission clear screen should look like this
41E301D0576EB5A22452D619514DFC63B7493215

i was lucky enough to not take damage when i got this

hope this helps you

Reigndown

i can explain the ranking system for you
at the end of a misson there are your 3 ranks
Clear Time
Stylish Points
Orbs Found

Time should be no problem the game gives you allot to get an S rank

Stylish Point is how well you do in fights
the 2 key factors in getting style points in fights is not getting hit and switching up your moves
if you spam the same move too much your style rank wont go up you need to switch up your moves in order for your rank to go up
if you get hit it will force your rank down and you wont get much style
the higher you rank is the more style you get from attacks
you also get more red orbs and proud souls

now to get a high rank for Orbs Found is a little annoying
basically all you have to do destroy objects
boxes, benches, chairs, the pods in the forest
brake everything you can
and find the hidden orb spots with nero's glowing arm there in the same spot every time so once you find them with nero you can get them with everyone

the last thing is your bonus or penalty
dying or useing items will give you a huge penalty to your end rank making it pretty much impossible to get a good rank
so if you die you might as well restart the mission

there are also 2 bonuses
no items and no damage
if you get no damage your pretty much guaranteed an S rank

to get an end rank of S you pretty much need an S for stylish points
and A's for the other 2
or an A for stylish
and S's for the other 2

if you do well your mission clear screen should look like this
41E301D0576EB5A22452D619514DFC63B7493215

i was lucky enough to not take damage when i got this

hope this helps you

Wow, extra kudos for putting detail! Made it easier for me to understand c:

The orbs you mentioned remind me of those gems in Zelda games. (Rupees?)
Glad I won't have to search anywhere else for hidden ones.
I imagine that would take me forever.

Thank you so much ;~;

Taking no damage is an amazing feat. Congrats on your score!
Looks like I have some inspiration now :p

Meanwhile my first run awhile ago:
efb510dbf9.jpg

With that info in mind, I think I might retry to earn a better rank :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom