• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Here's why i hated DMC4

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hi guys!

I hated DMC4 because there were only a few missions where you could play as Dante. (About 5 or 6?)

I hated playing as Nero. I found Dante was easier to 'handle';).
Plus, i only liked playing in the Dark Slayer style.
When i play DMC, i'd rather play as Dante. (Except for DMC3 SE. Playing as Vergil was excellent.)
I know DMC4 has been out for over a year, but i just wanted to know if anyone else had any 'gripes' with the game

Sorry 'bout the rant...

By the way, on the post icons, is icon 3 meant to be a bum? (next to the triangle with a !)

sheepydee

Nothing
the same with me man... although i HATED playing as nero i loved playing as dante :D shame there is so little number of missions you can play as him... altho apart from that i did like the game :p

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
The reason I didnt like DMC4 much was mainly because of the poor plot and the japanese style the game is heading.
I also got a little disappointed the way Dante's gameplay was very similar to DMC3, not that it was bad, its just that they could have made a little more different.

SkyGemini

S'All over but the Crying
Unfortunately, it's the exact opposite for me...I keep getting beat on when playing as Dante, not so much with the bosses but mainly with those damn knights for example--whereas with Nero, you can grab 'em & mess 'em up in the air a lot more effectively...and his charged shots seem to work better, as well.

Tramendium

Devil may cry 4 could be so much more than that hopefully they make Devil may cry 5 more so to say "complete" if you got my point. In dmc4 the lack of Dante is serious and Nero just make his way with DB, hell even all play with Nero is forced to use DB, and Dante is forced only for 7 missions, no fun there at all if you ask me.

Meg

I liked playing as Nero. What I didn't like about the game is that it reused a lot of ideas for DMC3, but wasn't as good. A giant toad with ice attacks...gee what does that remind me of? I thought most of the bosses were stupid looking and dante's weapons weren't fun. And yeah the story line was to over the top.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
SkyGemini;184986 said:
Unfortunately, it's the exact opposite for me...I keep getting beat on when playing as Dante, not so much with the bosses but mainly with those damn knights for example--whereas with Nero, you can grab 'em & mess 'em up in the air a lot more effectively...and his charged shots seem to work better, as well.

They were stupid enemies. I found it helps if you attack them from the back.
They're too slow to react when you're taking them from the rear :D(say 3 hail marys for having a dirty mind.)

But, i'm sure most DMC players know this!

BTW, I hated that friggin' toad. The boss that p***ed me off most was Sanctus. Did the battle really need sooo much effort?!

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
If it wasn't for Nero I probably would have stopped buying Devil May Cry right there. There was no point in having Dante as a playable character in that game story wise, just stick him in the Bloody Palace as a playable character it was a total waste of time.

The game was a refreshing change until we start playing as Dante. Thats what I hated about DMC4, the second half.

Tramendium

Vergil'sB*tch;185037 said:
They were stupid enemies. I found it helps if you attack them from the back.
They're too slow to react when you're taking them from the rear :D(say 3 hail marys for having a dirty mind.)

But, i'm sure most DMC players know this!

BTW, I hated that friggin' toad. The boss that p***ed me off most was Sanctus. Did the battle really need sooo much effort?!

Dmc4 mob is just too slow dmc3 is just fine make same finesse in dmc5.

AzuleSasuano0889

i love all da dmc game 4 3 1 an yes even 2 but i will admit they r slowly heading further an further from dat action gothic style an turnin more japanese type like most gud stories have a man fighting 4 love but like i dunno tho 4 was awesome i find it kinda odd how dey made neros escape from the saviour depend on dante so wut if dante hadnt saved nero from the saviour wud he ever of gotten out an saved kyrie hmmm..?????????

SkyGemini

S'All over but the Crying
AzuleSasuano0889;186107 said:
if dante hadnt saved nero from the saviour wud he ever of gotten out an saved kyrie

Probably not.

And yes, they saved Kyrie, but ultimately squashed the big guy's head & sent him back to where ever he belongs and closed the hellgates...so in the end it really wasn't just about Nero & Kyrie...even if that's the last thing you see...

Nishiva

Living in my little world
Well.. to begin with, I don't really hate DMC4 but.. Nero's such a softie! xD
He's all like "Kyriee!!!"

But, it did not dissapoint me.

LunarEclipse

Dante Sparda
Nishiva;186537 said:

agree with you >_<

I was trying so hard to play with Dante! why capcom do this to Dante! He has come and gone.

NeloAngelo93

Dark Angel
Nishiva;186537 said:

But, it did not dissapoint me.
Nero is to soft when you compare him to other chars like Vergil and Dante even Lady

Meg

i like how nero has a soft personality, but still strong. it was a nice change from all the other characters.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I liked playing both of them. The only thing I didn't like about the game was the repetitiveness (in dialogue, I mean, sheesh, we KNOW Yamato separates the demon world from the human world ALREADY!) And...Nero. I liked playing him, didn't like HIM though. What.a. pansy boy! Too soft to my liking, unfortunately. Nero personality = FAIL.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Nero has grown on me. As I recall LOD and I actually used to hate Nero. But I think he grew on us both. I still don't like Nero as much as Dante. I think Dante is right to call him a kid.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Nero is probably the most "human" protagonist to come out of a DMC game. While this does add some empathy for him, it ultimately means that he is more of a brawler and has less finesse than the likes of Vergil and Dante. Finesse and style being one of the true attractions of the series. That is part of the problem I had with this one.

The enemies are a couple of shades less cartoony than its predecessor but most are nothing on the ones from the original in terms of brilliance or creepiness.

Added to this, we've encountered the first true "wet blanket" of the series in the character Kyrie.

Next we have the fact that they've removed Air Raid from Dante's arsenal which removes a lot of coolness from it IMO.

I could go on for a while here but while I had all these problems with it, I still quite enjoyed it. Odd, I know.;)

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Aww... I like Nero and his personality because he's different from Dante and Vergil. I just don't see what's wrong with some variety. Same for Kyrie. Why does she have to be a tough chick? There are real women in this world who are like her, and really, not so many like Lady and Trish.

I like to think Nero is like how Sparda was, since we know Sparda loved a human woman enough to marry her and have children. For all we know, Nero takes after Sparda greatly!

Top Bottom