• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Here's why i hated DMC4

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Cat;189328 said:
Aww... I like Nero and his personality because he's different from Dante and Vergil. I just don't see what's wrong with some variety. Same for Kyrie. Why does she have to be a tough chick? There are real women in this world who are like her, and really, not so many like Lady and Trish.

I like to think Nero is like how Sparda was, since we know Sparda loved a human woman enough to marry her and have children. For all we know, Nero takes after Sparda greatly!

Dante and Vergil are very different, what I was saying is that he was rather a mid-point rather than a legit separate personality. There's no reason why Kyrie had to be a 'Tough chick' but conversely I would have preferred it if she wasn't a complete drip. I mean, it's modern day for God's sake, not the 1820s. I'd have expected Sparda to be like nero, agin, as a mid-point but bringing a new character in should have at least brought something new and original in terms of personality, rather than making a sort of dip-N-mix in the personalities of Dante and Vergil. I know that's not that great a description but it's the best I could do off-hand.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
The Phantarch;189342 said:
Dante and Vergil are very different, what I was saying is that he was rather a mid-point rather than a legit separate personality. There's no reason why Kyrie had to be a 'Tough chick' but conversely I would have preferred it if she wasn't a complete drip. I mean, it's modern day for God's sake, not the 1820s. I'd have expected Sparda to be like nero, agin, as a mid-point but bringing a new character in should have at least brought something new and original in terms of personality, rather than making a sort of dip-N-mix in the personalities of Dante and Vergil. I know that's not that great a description but it's the best I could do off-hand.

They are doing what MGS2 did only Konami had the guts to only give their new character the characteristics they wanted him to have (and paid for it bigtime). Can you imagine how much bigger the backlash would have been if you took all of Nero's ****y lines and replaced them with either DMC2 scilence or something a bit more..well Nero
He was only like Dante because Capcom accept the fact that fans get upset when things change. You could kind of tell as his ****yness didn't really suit his impulsive aggressive nature.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Fortuna City is a very old-fashioned, sort of anachoristic kind of place, so if Kyrie is very "1820's" then she fits into her surroundings and environment very well. If she were much tougher in her personality, it kind of wouldn't fit how she was raised in such a throw-back of a town.

Zany Blac

darth_angelo45;189469 said:
I hated how they all pronounced it "kidiay" lol

Not to mention nero continuosly screaming it, still cant watch the cutscenes with a straightface

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zany Blac;189470 said:
Not to mention nero continuosly screaming it, still cant watch the cutscenes with a straightface

LOL! At the DMC 4 panel ages ago when the VA were asked to quote their favorite line from their characters, Johnny kinda went 'well I can't really say what mine is. But um... I said Kyrie a lot.' ROFL!! :lol:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Zany Blac;189459 said:
I hated the name kyrie...

I quite like it. I was in the same class in school as a Kyrie, oddly.

Most of the game names are from Schubert's Mass No. 2 in G, if you ever wondered: "Kyrie", "Gloria", "Credo", "Sanctus" and "Agnus Dei" are all the names of parts of that piece of music.

Wiki page on it here

Top Bottom