• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hell.....Heven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Im not trying to sound satanic or anything like that, but doesn't hell look hevenly in dmc3? (Except for the checker board.) You know the part im talking about, where it's white all around. Isn't this weird to anyone else?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Hell and demons choose sometimes to appear magnificent and appealing. After all even in some religions hell is a fallen state of heaven. Not only fires and rivers of lava everywhere.
Mundus the emperor of the underworld looks/disguises like an angel after all;)

Rend

Necromancer
I'd much rather they make hell all firey and lava and brimstone....rather than the heavenish look, but hey that could all be a ploy, make hell look appealing to make people who visit think it's not so bad, but when you die and go there it's completely different...

noobfun

Vergilissexy;42598 said:
Im not trying to sound satanic or anything like that, but doesn't hell look hevenly in dmc3? (Except for the checker board.) You know the part im talking about, where it's white all around. Isn't this weird to anyone else?

lucifer was the the most attractive angel and thought everyone should have worshipped him for this

god cast him out of heaven(but didnt take his styling products) so would one of the beautiful people(you know the vain arrogant type im taking about here) want to live in ugly surroundings

besides always thought hell made more sense bieng cold and dark but the unsetling brightness works nice

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I was thinking the same thing...

The white part when you walking up and when the angel things attack you looks exactly like a part of heaven though...
It looks really nice, but that huge black hole in the backround is scary!

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
DemonSlayer6;42629 said:
I was thinking the same thing...

The white part when you walking up and when the angel things attack you looks exactly like a part of heaven though...
It looks really nice, but that huge black hole in the backround is scary!

Yeah, thats what I mean. And those are the fallens BTW, and it's funny how those are the only demons you have to fight on the walkway.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I normally dodge them and jump straight to the portal thingy...lol!
But though the pieces of white-iced rock making a path for you is cool!
Though the black hole is scary! Still...
And also when you go to face Arkham it gets really dark there and starts to look like hell a bit, ya think?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Besides if you believe in God you believe that God is benevolent. Therefore it would be a paradox if God subjected anyone to an eternity of burning pain and having their soul ripped though over and again.

So the only logical options are either oblivion or a place not exactly paradise but not exactly an eternity of lament and pain beyond all imagination. :D

The dark knight

No cause God punishes those who do evil.THough if you ask forgivness and you are REALLY sorry not fake sorry.Then you will be saved.As long as you don't do it again.Lucifer which was the favorite and most beautiful angel of God,betrayed him and wanted power.So Lucifer was sent to hell where he tortured the souls of the evil.So due to the game being a bit based on demons they made Hell have a Heavenly look to look almighty.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The dark knight;42827 said:
No cause God punishes those who do evil.THough if you ask forgivness and you are REALLY sorry not fake sorry.Then you will be saved.As long as you don't do it again.Lucifer which was the favorite and most beautiful angel of God,betrayed him and wanted power.So Lucifer was sent to hell where he tortured the souls of the evil.So due to the game being a bit based on demons they made Hell have a Heavenly look to look almighty.

Look, you are contradicting yourself. God is supposed to be benevolent. God isn't depicted as a cruel sadistic deity. Logically, therefore the furthest he would go to punish someone would be oblivion not eternal torment and searing pain. Also who says that God is a 'He' from what I understand spiritual bodies have little need for sex organs.

The dark knight

The Bible says "HE".Oh but I think he would.They say that Hell is made of Burning sulfur. So that equals eternal torment and searing pain.
God is not sadistic.He is nice and caring.But when you tick him off ooooooh.....he'll mess you up.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The dark knight;42833 said:
The Bible says "HE".Oh but I think he would.They say that Hell is made of Burning sulfur. So that equals eternal torment and searing pain.
God is not sadistic.He is nice and caring.But when you tick him off ooooooh.....he'll mess you up.

The Bible says this, the Bible says that. Any actual, physical proof?

The dark knight

Yes.There have been documents found somewhere about Jesus.It has recordings of his life,his family and everything!!Including his sentence.Which was to be killed on the cross.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
No offense guys, but please don't turn this into a argument about religion. I don't want this topic to be locked.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Okay, there was a person called Jesus. Which isn't that uncommon a name. Just because he was killed by the cross as many people called Jesus might have been, doesn't make him any more the son of God.

There is also evidence to suggest that he had children with Mary Magdalene. I see the churches were quiet about that one.

I mean is it just me or in the Bible a miracle happened every other day. Now there are no miracles which makes me quite sceptic of the truth in the bible. I think it was likely that some of the stories were either made up or exaggerated and most of the 'miracles' can be performed by modern day magicians.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The dark knight;42858 said:
....He returned to heaven.And who says Jesus cant have children?And that is only a rumor.

There's evidence. Therefore it's a possibility, not just a rumour. Also if Jesus was to have children then he couldn't possibly be as "chaste" as he is depicted in the Bible.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Guys, I will say this only once. Whilst I welcome a healthy debate about certain subjects, we all know that religious debates end up becoming slanging matches whereby both sides vehemently attack one another in order to prove/disprove certain things.

I can see this becoming personal therefore I will ask nicely that we steer away from whether God exists, Jesus exists, will they ever take the extra female Wombles out of the show and make it normal again? If you believe you are right about something then that should be enough for you - you shouldn't feel the desire to batter another with your truth to replace theirs.

There is a time and a place for discussing beliefs with a view to conversion/non-conversion and it is not this thread. Keep it to PM's if you wish to continue debating religion otherwise please continue discussing the topic at hand which I believe was to do with how hell looks more pleasant than expected in DMC3. Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom