• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Heavenly Sword Movie Trailer

Railazel

Now its basically one shot adventures where some random sh*t happens and is irrelevant in the next games or in general really.

No, the story continued with Sonic Unleashed, Colors, and Generations as Generations had levels from all those games. Also, Sonic 06 is still a part of the canon since Generations had a level from there too.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
No, the story continued with Sonic Unleashed, Colors, and Generations as Generations had levels from all those games. Also, Sonic 06 is still a part of the canon since Generations had a level from there too.

I see your point but the Sonic timeline is so messed up and random its hard to take anything between Shadow the Hedgehog and Colors seriously especially 06 since it has dozens of contradictions to the main storyline prior to it.

One thing I noticed with Colors and Lost World is the fact the Chaos Emeralds are slowly losing all story relevance. Ironic and little sad that I associated the Emeralds with the series so strongly and its the only thing that was still relevant in the story although it got weird that the Chaos Emeralds was the answer to the everything.

Weapon of Mass Destruction. Needs Chaos Emeralds to operate.

Ancient Evil. Chaos Emeralds can power it up to cause global disasters.

Sun God/Demon that can alter time. Chaos Emeralds.

Ancient Civilization. Chaos Emeralds.

A giant black hole. Chaos Emeralds.

Another ancient evil sealed with the Earth. Shoot Chaos Emerald energy into the Earth to awaken and use them to seal it away.

Can't get it up. Use Chaos Emeralds.

Now I think of it I don't give Unleashed enough credit story wise for it almost or sort of explained how the Sonic universe was created or tells a major piece of the the Sonic universe creation story.

Railazel

Now I think of it I don't give Unleashed enough credit story wise for it almost or sort of explained how the Sonic universe was created or tells a major piece of the the Sonic universe creation story.

I wouldn't say so. The world in Sonic Unleashed is just another planet that happens to be similar to Earth and how that planet was created makes sense for that world but won't explain, for example, Sonic's supposed home planet, Mobius.

One thing I noticed with Colors and Lost World is the fact the Chaos Emeralds are slowly losing all story relevance. Ironic and little sad that I associated the Emeralds with the series so strongly and its the only thing that was still relevant in the story although it got weird that the Chaos Emeralds was the answer to the everything.

Chaos Emerald weren't important until Sonic Adventure. Beforehand, they were just bonus items to grab. Their growing lack of plot relevance is just another sign that Sonic is returning to his classic roots.

I see your point but the Sonic timeline is so messed up and random its hard to take anything between Shadow the Hedgehog and Colors seriously

Sonic never really had an established timeline. While it is obvious that some games come after another, for the most part the Sonic storyline is just one random adventure after another.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
A HeavenlySword sequel could work if it was about Kai & takes place a year later.
As she leaves to save the village from those looking to take the HeavenlySword & begins her own adventure as she grows older.
I did actually think that was what they were hitning at with the end of the game. Either that or Nariko trying to break out of that Limbo sort of place that she appears to be stuck in.
I wouldn't mind seeing something with Kai in. She was strangely endearing in a quirky sort of way.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Never played Heavenly Sword, but I have heard good things about it.

Considering it has Ninja Theory's name on it, I might take a look at it.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Heavenly Sword is considered Ninja Theory's best work and the best story to have ever come out of the Hack n' Slash genre. Yes, even better than God of War.
Really, now? The best story to come out of the hack n' slash genre? That I find a very intriguing claim.

I've played many hack-n'-slash games from Devil May Cry, to Ninja Gaiden, and almost all of them have either terrible or lukewarm stories. God of War's story has never been engaging or well-written, but that has more to do with its lackluster protagonist than anything else (kind of reminds me of the recent turn of another franchise...:shifty:).

So far, the best story I've encountered in an action game was the one for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. The plot and the characters were developed really well, and Gabriel shaped up to be a very flawed and interesting protagonist.

But you're saying Heavenly Sword has the best story? That makes me want to check out the game for myself. I think I'll pass on the movie, since it just adapts the same story but without the motion-capture of Andy Serkis that the game supposedly has.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Really, now? The best story to come out of the hack n' slash genre? That I find a very intriguing claim.

I've played many hack-n'-slash games from Devil May Cry, to Ninja Gaiden, and almost all of them have either terrible or lukewarm stories. God of War's story has never been engaging or well-written, but that has more to do with its lackluster protagonist than anything else (kind of reminds me of the recent turn of another franchise...:shifty:).

So far, the best story I've encountered in an action game was the one for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. The plot and the characters were developed really well, and Gabriel shaped up to be a very flawed and interesting protagonist.

But you're saying Heavenly Sword has the best story? That makes me want to check out the game for myself. I think I'll pass on the movie, since it just adapts the same story but without the motion-capture of Andy Serkis that the game supposedly has.
It's got a cool world and the story is fairly decent, just the gameplay is kinda like discount God of War. I liked Enslaved more because I dog Journey to the West. It inspired the fantasy novel I've started working on.

Top Bottom