• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

HD remakes

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
Hello fellows

Recently there were many HD remakes released and there are many plans for releasing more.

released HD remakes:
Perfect dark 64 XBLA
Banjo and Kazoie 64 XBLA
Resident Evil 4 HD XBLA/PSN
Beyond good and evil XBLA
Street fighter II turbo

coming soon remakes:
Devil may cry HD collection XBOX360/PS3
Resident Evil Code veronica XBOX360/PS3
Halo combat evolved anniversary XBOX360
Metal gear HD collection XBOX360/PS3
Silent hill HD collection XBOX360/PS3
Final fantasy X PSVita

What do you think about these HD remakes , did these companies made HD remakes because of their failing on making a good games as the old ones?

of course most of us including me wants to play the old games with Achievements/Trophies on HDTV Like DMC.
my opinion is they took advantage of our longing to classics to make money easily "Specially CAPCOM" they are every time screwing up a franchise like RE , DMC . they are failing every time they want to make something fresh and cool.

anyway back to main topic , what do you think of remakes?

Keaton

Premium
Personally I think porting and polishing old classics such as Banjo Kazoie, Shadow of the Collosus and (naturally) Devil May Cry not only gives the series a new oppertunity to attract fans but also gives current fans the chance to play them again without the need for old (and in my case - broken) consoles.

I'd like to see Wind Waker ported to the Wii or 3DS and a Kingdom Hearts collection alongside a Final Fantasy Blu Ray Anthology with every game 1-12 on a single Blu Ray. ;) not asking for a alot! Am I?

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Kingdom hearts collection would be soooooooooo AWESOME and all of the remakes i would love to play especially dmc and mgs im so excited :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
I dont mind them if they arent simple remakes with a slight graphical update for a high price. As like Keaton said they can bring old classics to a new generation and give older fans chance to replay them in modern times.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
HD remakes advantages for fans/gamers
- Good way for fans to relieve their greatest gaming experience by playing old games.
- Gives a chance for new gamers to try out any old games that they haven't played yet, such as giving console players who do not own PSP a chance to play God of War: Chains of Olympus HD and God of War: Ghost of Sparta HD on PS3.
- Most of the HD remakes may be better than current generation games.
- Price of a HD Collection is quite reasonable or cheap to purchase, such as The Tomb Raider Trilogy.
- Certain HD remade games look awesome in HD, such as Shadow of the Colossus HD.

HD remakes disadvantages
- Clearly shows that video game publishers have no focus in making new games in current generation consoles.
- May prevent video game developers from making new IP, which again, deprives creativity from developers.
- Not all HD collections have significant graphical differences from their old version and HD version.
- Most of HD collections have only minor additional contents.

Noteworthy HD collections/remakes
1) God of War Collection - Worth getting if you are a fan of God of War games and action games
2) God of War: Origins Collection - Same reason as above, and also if you haven't play the games on PSP yet.
3) The Tomb Raider Trilogy - Great collection for those who likes adventure like Uncharted games.
4) The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - Great for those who love immersion in gaming as well as getting great gaming experience.
5) The Sly Trilogy - Haven't played it yet.
6) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy - Haven't played it yet, due to the collection itself getting rather mixed responses by gamers and critics.
7) Prince of Persia Trilogy - Good collection for those who likes platforming and adventure
8) Resident Evil 4 HD - Haven't played it yet, but seems to be a great HD remake of a great survival horror game.
9) Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD - Haven't played it yet, but seems to be a great HD remake of a great survival horror game.

Dark Drakan

Admin
- Clearly shows that video game publishers have no focus in making new games in current generation consoles.
- May prevent video game developers from making new IP, which again, deprives creativity from developers.

I think they are normally distractions rather than evidence that developers dont want to focus on new IP's. They take less development time than new titles and also could be that they think it will benefit the series to do a remake. Sometimes developers want to make a sequel but they believe it to have been to long since the last title so they make them as a sort of reboot/refresher before working on a sequel.

I keep hoping for Shenmue 1 & 2 remakes and then a Shenmue 3 announcement but i doubt it will ever happen.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Alot of gaming magazines are saying how they'd like to see HD collections of the Legacy of Kain series, as well as reviving soul reaver.

apart from DMC, there are no others HD collections that I'm interested in. I was thinking about getting the Tomb Raider HD collection, but I've got them all on PS2 and I'm not a big fan of those games, so i didn't get it.
I've never found the Sly trilogy (which leads me to think it wasn't released in the uk... unless proved otherwise), and I've been looking at the ICO HD remake, but i don't really know that much about the original or the game itself

EDIT: I'd also like to see some sort of collection of the older Tekken games maybe 1-5 and the old Castlevania games (back from the MegaDrive/Nes cartridge eras)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Noteworthy HD collections/remakes
1) God of War Collection - Worth getting if you are a fan of God of War games and action games
2) God of War: Origins Collection - Same reason as above, and also if you haven't play the games on PSP yet.
3) The Tomb Raider Trilogy - Great collection for those who likes adventure like Uncharted games.
4) The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - Great for those who love immersion in gaming as well as getting great gaming experience.
5) The Sly Trilogy - Haven't played it yet.
6) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy - Haven't played it yet, due to the collection itself getting rather mixed responses by gamers and critics.
7) Prince of Persia Trilogy - Good collection for those who likes platforming and adventure
8) Resident Evil 4 HD - Haven't played it yet, but seems to be a great HD remake of a great survival horror game.
9) Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD - Haven't played it yet, but seems to be a great HD remake of a great survival horror game.

Can't help but notice you didn't put Zone of the Enders HD in there... lol Just kidding.

Meg

The two HD collections I wanted to see above all else were DMC and Jak and Daxter. I got one, now I'm praying for the other.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The two HD collections I wanted to see above all else were DMC and Jak and Daxter. I got one, now I'm praying for the other.

Oh please for the love of god, let them make a Jak and Daxter collection! That would be amazing!

Reactions: Meg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Alot of gaming magazines are saying how they'd like to see HD collections of the Legacy of Kain series, as well as reviving soul reaver.

apart from DMC, there are no others HD collections that I'm interested in. I was thinking about getting the

That could be interesting if they added some features people asked for in the originals and varied the puzzle parts a little.

Id like to see Shenmue and Shenmue II remade, polished and in Shenmue II's case re-voiced properly.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!

I would love to play legacy of kain again with achievements but I think Crystal dynamics forgot about it T_T

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
About MGS HD collection. They could've ported Twin Snakes from game cube, cuz it IS real Remake of MGS 1, but instead they have Peace Walker there. I like it but anyway, they should've included twin snakes instead, selling PW separately or with all 4 games in pack

Top Bottom