• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Has Vergil been confirmed to be in the game?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I lol'd at this thread.
The point of this thread is whether vergil is confirmed or not.Then,it got derailed to an another topic and what's that topic? Yaoi Twincest.......
LMFAO!

KnightBatman

What if with this Vergil, his look has some vague similiarities to the original like Dante's. like he could have a black jacket with blue inner color? or basically he gets a look similar to Dante's with the full red coat and has long white hair, later influencing Dante's new costume change in a sequel? I mean I really like the look of new Dante but there probably is a chance of a new look in a potential sequel. I dunno just trying to help the thread stay on track XD

Nelo_Vergil

hmm heres one concept i JUST thought off. What if they keep the lore where vergil matured at a much faster rate then dante did, even awaking before him. Then maybe he accpected his lineage before dante. Ah damnit im losing track of what i'm saying where was i. Oh yes how about have vergil, if he really does wear a suit :\, in a sort of midnight blue suit with whatever he wears under being black, or yellow maybe the suit would have yellow makings like it did in DMC3 with vergils coat. For his hair it'd basically be dantes hair but grownout and still classically pushed back.

All that aside whos to say dante and vergil are twins? let alone born from the same mother :w00t: wouldn't be interesting if vergil was supposedly going to be the demon, pure breed or half i don't know im not the person who makes stories up let alone very well, to take spardas place. Maybe that would be a good reason why vergil idolizes his father so much.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Lets just dress him up like Gilver... smart look and a few bandages to hide the colour of his hair... (so it keep you guessing as to whether its white or black.) ;)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
What if with this Vergil, his look has some vague similiarities to the original like Dante's. like he could have a black jacket with blue inner color? or basically he gets a look similar to Dante's with the full red coat and has long white hair, later influencing Dante's new costume change in a sequel? I mean I really like the look of new Dante but there probably is a chance of a new look in a potential sequel. I dunno just trying to help the thread stay on track XD
well stop, I am trying to make this a pony thread

and as for everyone else

356kah.jpg

AngelMode

Do not question demon powers. Their coats turned into wings when in devil trigger.

But I'm sure in that case he changed them himself at some point in time.

Slightly on topic, those who say that Vergil cannot be that one talking to Dante because "they can't work together" or "will fight each other at sight" is just stuck in the DMC3 storyline too much. Yes, it's a reboot, but even if it wasn't I still could see Dante and Vergil working together beforehand. In DMC1 you can clearly hear an old memory of Dante when he was with his mother and Vergil and they were playing happily like brothers.

At some point, Vergil became all evil-ish and started to want power. And think about this, what would be the reason for Vergil wanting power in the first place? It could simply be to become stronger than Sparda or something pretty straight forward. But they said Nero was Vergil's son, meaning he had him sometime before DMC3, so maybe his reason to get power had something to do with it?

LOL I could make a whole game out of Vergil's story before DMC3 and how he got there by making him fall in love with someone and having a kid.

So if in the reboot Vergil and Dante are working together then maybe when they were smaller they were good friends and then something happened that set them apart.

Nelo_Vergil

you know actually thinking about it vergil's character is somewhat messed up, by capcom of course. See i DMC1 as a child, with his mother he was on good terms with dante. But after eva died, via mundus? Lord knows what happend to vergil and why he became evil, see power hungry dmc3 vergil. Now i don't think theres any novel or manga which actually explains vergil's story, that's cannon >.>. But suddenly he's suppose to have a love interest and child, at a young age considering age differences.

there's more of course but vergil's character is only bad because the story was told poorly when it came to him. As far as getting his own spinoff game who knows it all depends on how he plays, in DmC. But as far as old vergil goes with the way the gameplay was he would've been abit more bland then dante. Vergil's life growing up is just another plothole in DMC.

Jane Sweetbee

Do not question demon powers. Their coats turned into wings when in devil trigger.

But I'm sure in that case he changed them himself at some point in time.

Slightly on topic, those who say that Vergil cannot be that one talking to Dante because "they can't work together" or "will fight each other at sight" is just stuck in the DMC3 storyline too much. Yes, it's a reboot, but even if it wasn't I still could see Dante and Vergil working together beforehand. In DMC1 you can clearly hear an old memory of Dante when he was with his mother and Vergil and they were playing happily like brothers.

At some point, Vergil became all evil-ish and started to want power. And think about this, what would be the reason for Vergil wanting power in the first place? It could simply be to become stronger than Sparda or something pretty straight forward. But they said Nero was Vergil's son, meaning he had him sometime before DMC3, so maybe his reason to get power had something to do with it?

LOL I could make a whole game out of Vergil's story before DMC3 and how he got there by making him fall in love with someone and having a kid.

So if in the reboot Vergil and Dante are working together then maybe when they were smaller they were good friends and then something happened that set them apart.

may be the end of DmC will explain Vergil's fall.

AngelMode

Probably something like a betrayal and trying to get Mundus' power for himself which, in turn, will make Dante grow hatred towards him. And BAM! We have DMC3 all over again. But lol, since it is a reboot, I'm sure they will probably do something else.

Nelo_Vergil

something else would be alot better. I want to see just where NT can this story and how they can develop these characters

Jane Sweetbee

Probably something like a betrayal and trying to get Mundus' power for himself which, in turn, will make Dante grow hatred towards him. And BAM! We have DMC3 all over again. But lol, since it is a reboot, I'm sure they will probably do something else.
Since it is a reboot, it will explain Dante's early years that weren't detailed in previous games. I am pretty sure. Reboot draws out the backstory of a character.

AngelMode

I remember Tameen saying that they were retelling his story from the moment he was born to where he was now (to the DmC story). So I'm pretty sure we are going to be getting a lot of backstory throughout the game to explain things that happened in Dante's early years and childhood. At least that's what I understood he meant when he said "since the moment he was born"

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think in the beginning of the game, Vergil is on Dante's side and helps him out, but later goes with Mundus and says that he was a double agent and that the reason their mother is dead is because Vergil rated his family out for power, like his father. But after their mom died, Vergil was cheated and never got that power. Dante doesn't know this and therefore, not hate him yet. By the end of the game, Vergil betrays Mundus, saying "I'll be taking what belongs to me!" Which is the power he wanted from Mundus after his mother's death. After the defeat of Mundus, Dante and Vergil go their seperate ways, distant from each other after Dante found out why their mom is dead, and the two can never be brothers again.
(Guess this belongs in the DmC theories thread but it's Vergil talk)

Now about his look, I think of him as a man in a black suit with a blue tie, a black trench coat over his shoulder (Like a Mafia boss) his hair brushed back and he'd kind of look like a mafia boss from the Godfather. His Yamato would look like a normal katana with the handle being almost like the Highlander katana and the blade being the same as it was in DMC.

That's my two cents in this Vergil in DmC talk.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think both the first novel and magna tried to explain what happen between them before the series started but your mileage may vary.

Nelo_Vergil

if i remember the first novel and manga aren't confirmed canon, mainly due to story that contradicts the games. again that's IIRC

Top Bottom