• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Has Vergil been confirmed to be in the game?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well the manga was considered canon, its just unfinished as the author quit before the third volume could be conceptualized.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It would probably have culminated in Lady's mother's death in the final installment, and shown how Lady becomes enemies with Arkham, and the seals being released by Vergil obv. (The final :Code would have been Lady's). I doubt it would really have given any more juicy information on Dante's and Vergil's apparent life/relationship prior to DMC3 beyond what it already stated. That they were almost in the exact same situation as they were in DMC3. But it would have been nice to see any more tidbits on Eva and Sparda and the twins' childhood, if any were planned for it. Ah well.

Domenic93

It would probably have culminated in Lady's mother's death in the final installment, and shown how Lady becomes enemies with Arkham, and the seals being released by Vergil obv. (The final :Code would have been Lady's). I doubt it would really have given any more juicy information on Dante's and Vergil's apparent life/relationship prior to DMC3 beyond what it already stated. That they were almost in the exact same situation as they were in DMC3. But it would have been nice to see any more tidbits on Eva and Sparda and the twins' childhood, if any were planned for it. Ah well.
I heard rumor that there was going to be a fourth volume, If I remember correctly it was going to be Code Trish. or maybe it was going to be code Arkham

Domenic93

Well the manga was considered canon, its just unfinished as the author quit before the third volume could be conceptualized.
did you know that there was another devil may cry comic. it was made for the first game the author for that one quite too, or was it the company went bankrupt. capcom seems to have a bad habit with their manga and comics, which is something I'm fearful of for Dead Rising: Road to fortune

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah the one Illustrated by Pat Lee. These things get started and then somehow seem to run out of steam or hit financial difficulties. Shame, I like where both the manga and the DMC comic were going, and how they were done. You'd think big distributors and companies with CAPCOM behind them would be able to work it out, really, wouldn't you? Like if an artist leaves, replace them, etc. But apparently people like CAPCOM have minimal input, they simply license someone to do the stuff. In that sense it's open to all manner of problems on the artist and artists' business level.

Still, no reason they couldn't go ahead and have more things made at any time. The anime got finished, at least.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
did you know that there was another devil may cry comic. it was made for the first game the author for that one quite too, or was it the company went bankrupt. capcom seems to have a bad habit with their manga and comics, which is something I'm fearful of for Dead Rising: Road to fortune

the company went bankrupt.

Dc bought the rights to do a dmc comic but that was ushed aside because of the reboot or something.

IThink.

berto

I Saw the Devil
TokyoPop published the two light novels and the manga and dreamwave published the comics. I don't think ether of those publishers are still standing. The light nover were cool but they were just that, light reading, you can finish them off in a single sitting.

ZeroLove

People keep saying Vergil is the leader of The Order, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
If he IS the leader, then that's cool and all, but there have been no proof that Vergil is even in the game yet! Only theories and that dude posting stuff on 4chan, but NOTHING official.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
People keep saying Vergil is the leader of The Order, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
If he IS the leader, then that's cool and all, but there have been no proof that Vergil is even in the game yet! Only theories and that dude posting stuff on 4chan, but NOTHING official.

But I guess with everything the 4chan guy said about the game being true, who's to say he's wrong about this? Maybe he was one of the pro DMC players who was brought to NT to try it out.

ZeroLove

But I guess with everything the 4chan guy said about the game being true, who's to say he's wrong about this? Maybe he was one of the pro DMC players who was brought to NT to try it out.

I keep being skeptical, because the dude posted it on 4chan! I'm not going to believe that all he wrote was true until it has all been confirmed.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think Vergil might make more of his angel side which tends to be more on Finesse and Speed which tends to counter Dante's use of Demon which centers on Brute force and strength over skill.

Azurel

Vergil's attacks were actually slower than Dante's. He put so much speed into his Yamato attacks that they had a long recovery time. The same is true for just about every other attack.

Top Bottom