• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Has it occured to anyone that Credo could have lived?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I mean, during the scene where he was stabbed by Sanctus and fell, Dante caught him. Dante put him down and they proceeded to have a convo while Credo quietly bled out in the back. I mean seriously! Considering Dante's speed, they could have gotten Credo medical treatment pretty quickly. He could have lived and it made no sense. The entire time during the cutscene after Dante caught Credo, I was screaming:

"WHAT THE **** DANTE! GET HIM TO A HOSPITAL OR SOMETHING!!"

I think it was so pointless how Credo had to die, it served no purpose in the plot, and its pretty stupid how they just let him die on the ground. He was stabbed in the stomach and could have lived far longer, if Dante hadn't decided to let him bleed out while he engaged in a friendly conversation with Sanctus.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Or, y'know, they could have used vital stars on him.... >_>

I felt the same way, tbh. :/ I mean, seriously? Why'd he have to die?! Why couldn't he live?! Then again, maybe they were trying to be symbolic and say Credo was paying the price for his 'wrong doings'. Or maybe they were trying to say that he was actually a real hero, sacrificing himself for the good of others. Or...trying to, anyway.

BLACKSWIPE

Or, y'know, they could have used vital stars on him.... >_>

I felt the same way, tbh. :/ I mean, seriously? Why'd he have to die?! Why couldn't he live?! Then again, maybe they were trying to be symbolic and say Credo was paying the price for his 'wrong doings'. Or maybe they were trying to say that he was actually a real hero, sacrificing himself for the good of others. Or...trying to, anyway.
Pretty dumb if you ask me. I mean, he should have died for a reason. Imagine Credo dying and Kyrie managing to inherit his powers through touching his blade, she could pull a "Nero with Yamato"...

Too bad though, Credo is a seriously cool guy for all that we've seen of him.

I still want to possess his Angelo form.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Pretty dumb if you ask me. I mean, he should have died for a reason. Imagine Credo dying and Kyrie managing to inherit his powers through touching his blade, she could pull a "Nero with Yamato"...

Too bad though, Credo is a seriously cool guy for all that we've seen of him.

I still want to possess his Angelo form.

I agree. :/ It was pretty thoughtless of the writers. Hmm...that might make a really interesting story idea...though...I wonder if she could handle the power....

I kinda just want to possess him...which sounds like an innuendo, goodness gracious!

BLACKSWIPE

I agree. :/ It was pretty thoughtless of the writers. Hmm...that might make a really interesting story idea...though...I wonder if she could handle the power....

I kinda just want to possess him...which sounds like an innuendo, goodness gracious!
Think of this:

It turns out that Berial wasn't actually dead and had actually been gaining power back in the fire hell. While Kyrie and Nero are at Credo's funeral, Berial enters the human world through an undiscovered hell-gate. Nero senses it and quietly leaves the reception, mentioning to Kyrie and Dante that he'll be back. Dante is attending the funeral to show his respect for Credo and to get back in touch with Nero and his Wife(?). Nero runs towards the source of the demonic power and a cutscene takes place. Berial is now twice his size and extremely overpowered, he states that he'll have Nero burnt to a crisp and Dante too. Nero fights Berial only to loose, the fight is meant for you to loose on purpose. Kyrie feels something odd and feels dread, jumping up to run after Nero. She can feel that something is horribly wrong. Dante decides to follow from the shadows as well. When Kyrie arrives at the site, she screams out for Berial to stop and stands in front of the bleeding and badly injured Nero. Dante is about to intervene when Kyrie notices her brother's blade lying nearby, Nero dropped it during the fight with Berial. Running over, she grabs it in fear knowing that she can't do anything, though it won't stop her from trying.

Credo during his last moment managed to seal himself away within his blade, turning his sword into a powerful devil-arm. He did so to keep watch over both Kyrie and Nero. Though when she touches the blade with her pure intentions, Credo awakens within the blade and fuses his power to her to protect Nero. She immediately transforms into a female-version of Angelo Credo, and even more powerful than the original. A remixed version of "Swipe of the Sword (Credo battle theme)" starts, and Kyrie turns back to Nero.

"You protected me with your heart and risked your life for me, now its time for me to do the same. Regardless of the cost."

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I actually enjoyed credo as a character he thought he was doing the right thing his intentions reminded me a lot of lady's in dmc3 when she first entered the tower i wouldve liked him to live

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
it's not like they could have taken him to the hospital. there was a demonic invasion and a giant living statue controlled by an insane old guy. everyone had to focus on dealing with other issues. it is a shame that Credo died but none of the characters could have done anything about it. it does seem odd that one stab was fatal to someone who was not human anymore. the writers could probably have had the injury be enough to keep him out of the fight but not kill him and it would have made more sense then killing him. so there is nothing the characters could do but there still wasn't a good reason for him to die.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
it's not like they could have taken him to the hospital. there was a demonic invasion and a giant living statue controlled by an insane old guy. everyone had to focus on dealing with other issues. it is a shame that Credo died but none of the characters could have done anything about it. it does seem odd that one stab was fatal to someone who was not human anymore. the writers could probably have had the injury be enough to keep him out of the fight but not kill him and it would have made more sense then killing him. so there is nothing the characters could do but there still wasn't a good reason for him to die.

Yah he was technically a demon sooooo that shouldnt have killed him off that easily...but he was stabbed by yamato so that could ahve something to do with it

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yah he was technically a demon sooooo that shouldnt have killed him off that easily...but he was stabbed by yamato so that could ahve something to do with it

Not really. Demons have been shown to be able to be taken down by bullets (or in the anime's cases if you shoot them enough times in the face) or simple slashes. Berial, Bael/Dagon, and Echinda despite being demon kings/conquerors were taken down by a simple bullet or slash to the slash (in fact Nero kills Bael by punching hard enough).

Plus its Yamato, in DMC3 Dante could take hits and instantly fatal wounds like a pro and bullets to the forehead and walk it off like nothing happened. He gets stab by Yamato once and he is already down so since well Dante>>>>>>>>>>>Credo in terms of power (even before Dante awakens his Devil Power) I doubt Credo could fare much well better especially considering he was limping from his fight with Nero (I guess the damage he took from Nero made it even worse too).

Plus him being a demon made it much worse since Yamato was practically designed for slaying demons (can cut humans clean as well). Even Sanctus (who is the strongest of the 3) was taken down by a single stab of Yamato.

Yamato is pretty powerful there was nothing they could've done to save him. No bandage could've made the booboo any better.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Not really. Demons have been shown to be able to be taken down by bullets (or in the anime's cases if you shoot them enough times in the face) or simple slashes. Berial, Bael/Dagon, and Echinda despite being demon kings/conquerors were taken down by a simple bullet or slash to the slash (in fact Nero kills Bael by punching hard enough).

Plus its Yamato, in DMC3 Dante could take hits and instantly fatal wounds like a pro and bullets to the forehead and walk it off like nothing happened. He gets stab by Yamato once and he is already down so since well Dante>>>>>>>>>>>Credo in terms of power (even before Dante awakens his Devil Power) I doubt Credo could fare much well better especially considering he was limping from his fight with Nero (I guess the damage he took from Nero made it even worse too).

Plus him being a demon made it much worse since Yamato was practically designed for slaying demons (can cut humans clean as well). Even Sanctus (who is the strongest of the 3) was taken down by a single stab of Yamato.

Yamato is pretty powerful there was nothing they could've done to save him. No bandage could've made the booboo any better.

Yah figured yamato made the difference more then anything

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh you guys....stop dissing on Dante!:'(
It's Nero's fault that Credo died. If he'd actually put effort into busting out of the Savior's hand when Credo said NERO RUN, instead of groaning like 'waaaah I'm kinda stuck dude', then Credo wouldn't have died in vain. Because Nero would have got free, and took vengeance right then and there - or maybe he would have saved Credo from dying and left Dante to play with the big boys.
As it is, Credo served his role in the game and as writers do, they killed him off. They obviously didn't expect him to actually have a fanbase.

With that said, if they ever do another spin off of DMC4, they could create their own 'Limbo' - where Vergil is hanging out, and Credo, too, those poor deluded souls who thought they were fighting for a just cause and died in vain. And then we can have Nero mess stuff up and have his world and Limbo merge and, voila, we have two prominent characters back to play. It'll work.
Yes, it will. I put a whole two minutes' worth of thought into that.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
And just why the heck did he die by turning into sparkles?:/ If he had to die, they could at least have left a corpse for Kyrie to mourn and bury...actually, was Kyrie aware that her brother had died after her rescue?

It's a shame he had to die at the hands of that creepy old guy. He deserved a more awesome death than that. Fending off a whole horde of demons would have been a better death than bleeding out while Dante has a chat and stares at the savior.

Credo was cool, but they didn't do much with his character except as conflict for Nero.

That's the problem with DMC4, they make these really interesting and cool characters that I want to know more about, but then hardly anything is done with them and they're killed off in really lousy ways.>_<

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
And just why the heck did he die by turning into sparkles?:/ If he had to die, they could at least have left a corpse for Kyrie to mourn and bury...actually, was Kyrie aware that her brother had died after her rescue?

It's a shame he had to die at the hands of that creepy old guy. He deserved a more awesome death than that. Fending off a whole horde of demons would have been a better death than bleeding out while Dante has a chat and stares at the savior.

Credo was cool, but they didn't do much with his character except as conflict for Nero.

That's the problem with DMC4, they make these really interesting and cool characters that I want to know more about, but then hardly anything is done with them and they're killed off in really lousy ways.>_<

Read the DMC4 novel......if you can find it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I have, and remember bits of it. But it still doesn't tell my why they had to make Credo turn into sparkles when he died:p

Maybe he actually became an angel at the end considering he was the only one with a pure heart.

Nothing happened to Agnus and Sanctus dissipated into dust (kind of like a Nobody from KH).

Don't the Alto and Bianco Angelos turn into light when they die.

Top Bottom