• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hardest Boss (Initally)

Hardest Boss

• Phantom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nelo Angelo

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Griffon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nightmare

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Mundus

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Premium
What was your hardest boss to beat, this incl. figuring out methods and so on...

For me the Blob at the end (Nightmare) I HATE WITH A PASSION nothing has come close since >.<

-it had projectiles, blades, minions, lasers...

Has anything come close to such omg-ness!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
nightmare attacks can be predicted,but it is hard...you can counter his boomerang,spear attacks using Rolling Blaze attack..however,timing must be perfect...:) if you able to do it,he is open to attack.unleash Kick-13 and Inferno in D.T. form if possible.this technique also applies to DMD mode...

Nelo Angelo on the other hand,is almost unpredictable.He can switch his attacks between sword fighting,hand to hand or etc...His counter attacks are powerful even in Normal Mode.:) In DMD mode,his Summoned Swords are deadly and he will use it every time if possible.His attacks are easy to dodge,but if connected,you are in big trouble as he will make a combo attacks.

His attacks can be deflected with proper timing.The easy way to kill him is use Ifrit.Alastor's attack power is too low even in D.T. form.However,you can use Alastor D.T form to recover some health.His unblockable attack is the uppercut attack which is VERY dangerous.If you see this attack,run as far as you could.:) When he is open,use Kick-13 in D.T form to kill him faster.:lol:

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;71618 said:
nightmare attacks can be predicted,but it is hard...you can counter his boomerang,spear attacks using Rolling Blaze attack..however,timing must be perfect...:) if you able to do it,he is open to attack.unleash Kick-13 and Inferno in D.T. form if possible.this technique also applies to DMD mode...

Nelo Angelo on the other hand,is almost unpredictable.He can switch his attacks between sword fighting,hand to hand or etc...His counter attacks are powerful even in Normal Mode.:) In DMD mode,his Summoned Swords are deadly and he will use it every time if possible.His attacks are easy to dodge,but if connected,you are in big trouble as he will make a combo attacks.

His attacks can be deflected with proper timing.The easy way to kill him is use Ifrit.Alastor's attack power is too low even in D.T. form.However,you can use Alastor D.T form to recover some health.His unblockable attack is the uppercut attack which is VERY dangerous.If you see this attack,run as far as you could.:) When he is open,use Kick-13 in D.T form to kill him faster.:lol:

Nice argument, however, I did find Alastor useful against Nelo (even Phanton) Air Raid allows for minor damage + recovery. But the Sting/Retreat method works pretty well...

Cant argue much though Nelo is definatly my second, although Nightmare took so long for me to work out his patterns initally..

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;71625 said:
Nice argument, however, I did find Alastor useful against Nelo (even Phanton) Air Raid allows for minor damage + recovery. But the Sting/Retreat method works pretty well...

Cant argue much though Nelo is definatly my second, although Nightmare took so long for me to work out his patterns initally..

yes,it is safer and more useful...but nelo angelo can summons his Summoned Swords to hunt you,or fires his dark energy ball attack,which is SUPER dangerous,besides,if you use Vortex or Air Raid,he will simply blocks them as his block is invincible,and your D.T. gauge will be wasted.Sting/Retreat method only works if you have the patience to do it.for maximum security,use Alastor.For higher rank,use Ifrit.it is up to you guys to do it how...:)

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;71628 said:
yes,it is safer and more useful...but nelo angelo can summons his Summoned Swords to hunt you,or fires his dark energy ball attack,which is SUPER dangerous,besides,if you use Vortex or Air Raid,he will simply blocks them as his block is invincible,and your D.T. gauge will be wasted.Sting/Retreat method only works if you have the patience to do it.for maximum security,use Alastor.For higher rank,use Ifrit.it is up to you guys to do it how...:)

Touche' =p

Although, the other thing that does make a diffrence whe comparing Nightmare and Nelo in this example is the arena.

Nelo III you had a large room to play in. albiet smaller than facing him at #2 it is substancially larger than the annoying Aerna for Nightmare in the underworld (just before he saves Trish from the falling pillar). It makes it tough to kill Nightmare since his attacks which vary in range can be such a pain to avoid under close quarters - and when you get sucked into him and have to face previous bosses >.<, i never swore so much irrc.!!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;71632 said:
Touche' =p

Although, the other thing that does make a diffrence whe comparing Nightmare and Nelo in this example is the arena.

Nelo III you had a large room to play in. albiet smaller than facing him at #2 it is substancially larger than the annoying Aerna for Nightmare in the underworld (just before he saves Trish from the falling pillar). It makes it tough to kill Nightmare since his attacks which vary in range can be such a pain to avoid under close quarters - and when you get sucked into him and have to face previous bosses >.<, i never swore so much irrc.!!

To kill Nightmare easier and faster,wait until he uses a spear attack,or a boomerang attack,use the Rolling Blaze attack.as you are jumping,you are engulfed in flames,which means damage upon contact.using it properly it can fires his boomerang attack at himself back or deflects his spear attack and his core is open to attack.this method also appliable to nelo angelo counter attacks but not guaranteed as his attacks are varied.:)

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;71636 said:
To kill Nightmare easier and faster,wait until he uses a spear attack,or a boomerang attack,use the Rolling Blaze attack.as you are jumping,you are engulfed in flames,which means damage upon contact.using it properly it can fires his boomerang attack at himself back or deflects his spear attack and his core is open to attack.this method also appliable to nelo angelo counter attacks but not guaranteed as his attacks are varied.:)

I hadnt thought of it that way :D

Nelo on DMD took me a long while to beat, but with those tips he may be a little easier next time :D (though with DMC4 still being played i doubt I will get a chance to reface him for a while)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;71640 said:
I hadnt thought of it that way :D

Nelo on DMD took me a long while to beat, but with those tips he may be a little easier next time :D (though with DMC4 still being played i doubt I will get a chance to reface him for a while)

if you can beat Nelo Angelo in DMD mode,practically you can defeat DMC 4 in DMD mode with no problem...:lol:

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;71643 said:
if you can beat Nelo Angelo in DMD mode,practically you can defeat DMC 4 in DMD mode with no problem...:lol:

Give me a couple of days and I will see how true that is lol (i took a break from SOS mode to play Assasins Creed - big mistake havent played another Mission in DMC 4 yet >.<!)

I will agree, even playing through SOS mode on 4, it doesnt seem anywhere near as tough as DMC1 did on normal etc.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;71645 said:
Give me a couple of days and I will see how true that is lol (i took a break from SOS mode to play Assasins Creed - big mistake havent played another Mission in DMC 4 yet >.<!)

I will agree, even playing through SOS mode on 4, it doesnt seem anywhere near as tough as DMC1 did on normal etc.

Yeah,DMC and DMC3 is much more harder than DMC 4 in DMD modes...:lol:

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;71647 said:
Yeah,DMC and DMC3 is much more harder than DMC 4 in DMD modes...:lol:

Maybe Capcom thought people new to Nero ie. everyone, would need to be given a break. I say its called natural selection lol

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;71650 said:
Maybe Capcom thought people new to Nero ie. everyone, would need to be given a break. I say its called natural selection lol

Correct.Nero is the new hero because to attract more new DMC fans as some people might get boring using Dante...:) But i am not bored using Dante.:D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Nightmare. Not only he is difficult but super annoying as well. Nelo Angelo fights fairly. If you are careful and watch out you can even defeat him without taking any damage while using simple attacks. It takes time but it's nice.^_^

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;71653 said:
Correct.Nero is the new hero because to attract more new DMC fans as some people might get boring using Dante...:) But i am not bored using Dante.:D

I concurr, Dante still has flair for me.

:)

darkslayer47

Dante never gets old lol.:D Anyways I watched my brother play and I would say probbly the nightmare boss or what ever. I have to play dmc1 and 3 lol. Because I am confusized about these threads since I have not played.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Another vote for "Nightmare" from me. Nightmare also gets my vote for most tedious boss in the Devil May Cry series, too! ^_^

Keaton

Premium
devilmaycry;72157 said:
Another vote for "Nightmare" from me. Nightmare also gets my vote for most tedious boss in the Devil May Cry series, too! ^_^

I concurr, the tediousness of a single blob is unbelievable >.<! Blob Arkham was never that annoying :)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Hard choice between the final form of Nightmare and the final form of Nelo Angelo.

Both are immensely cheap, Angelo consistantly changes his attacks with very little predictable pattern, and with Nightmare stealing your DT gauge, he's just insanely cheap.

I suppose really I'd go for Nightmare, sucking you into the underworld for fights you REALLY aren't prepared for, occasionally you'll even get Nelo Angelo...While he also steals your DT, has minions and can jump you with any number of attacks.

Nightmare = Most fail and evil boss EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom