• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gwent - The Witcher Card Game

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In The Witcher 3, many people got lost in the dark alleys of Gwent, the card minigame with high addiction potential.
In fact, the card game was so liked, people began to shower CD Projekt RED with emails asking for a standalone Gwent game.

It took a while, but CDPR decided to make those people happy, and secretly worked behind the scenes to create Gwent, a full fledged standalone version of the loved minigame.
Prior to the E3 on stage presentation, pretty much everyone expected it to be no more than a multiplayer version of the game but in pure CDPR fashion, the devs decided to go all ****ing out and deliver A LOT more than just that.

kfoc9yn7ghfciylbp0yp.jpg

On the Microsoft stage, they announced an actual singleplayer campaign and cross play across all platform (PC, Xbox One and PS4), alongside adjustments to the mechanics to make the gameplay deeper and worth a full standalone game.

However, it was on the off stage demos that more details emerged. And oh my gosh.

http://kotaku.com/the-witchers-gwen..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

This what you get in Gwent.

Several campaigns 10+ hours each.

Top down maps which you can explore.

A full fledged story with decisions to make, Witcher style, involving some among their best writers.

Possibility to go off the main path and explore areas and do side quests.

Deeper and changing mechanics, depending on the characters you're challenging and even weather.

Loot, apparently (guy mentioned finding a card in a ruin).

And yes, Geralt will make an appearance.

I mean, Jesus. I didn't expect any of this. Game will be free to play and the Beta is coming out on September this year. Subscriptions open now.

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
well im into CBT of that game as registered into test :

Thank you for signing up for the beta game Gwent

We are very happy that you want to participate in the testing process and improve our game, and we hope that it will give you a lot of fun. Remember that you will be one of the first players in the gwent around the world!

Home closed beta is scheduled for September this year. If you are selected from a pool of willing, you will receive an e-mail with details of the start of the game

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
The horrible game companies of today made us expect nothing more than a simple card based multiplayer game from CDPR and they managed to make the release of a card game, a FREAKING CARD GAME look like something of AAA caliber, how the hell is that possible?

We're getting FPSs without iron sights, no reloading, including level creators and now card games that are worth more than the average mainstream release?
What is going on here? Cause I like it!

I wanna see CDPR make something in Telltale's and David Cage's genre, cause chances are they'll make something so amazing that it'll make Telltale and Cage no longer relevant and even do the impossible of making me actually like the genre.

I still wish they could have linked this Gwent game to their full releases and you can unlock certain cards by playing said games, I'd like to nab some Cyberpunk cards in the future.

Dark Drakan

Admin
My wife is always mocking my addiction to Gwent, every time I get a chance to play the game she asks if I have made much story progress but then follows it with 'Or have you been just playing that bloody card game for hours again!?' She laughed when I told her they were making a standalone title because it was so popular.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Game is in open Beta right now so y'all can go and download it. Here are some screens of the single player campaign for the final release.

As promised, there's gonna be exploration and loot (in the form of cards, obviously), and a full fledged story, apparently divided into multiple campaigns.

18623210_1666771800004304_5351162306475171748_o.jpg

18620668_1666771723337645_8941523575706960253_o.jpg

18700519_1666771733337644_7440160713937951134_o.jpg

18620583_1666771790004305_6190727396550723210_o.jpg

18672858_1666771736670977_2192391736496805264_o.jpg

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I have well gotta to see if i got mine exclusive card as i been CBT for this but well also this means im returning to game too

Top Bottom