• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Griffon

Did you feel sorry for him?

• Yes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • not really

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
When Griffon was being crushed and zapped and slaped about by Mundus for not being good enough did you feel sorry for him?

I mean hearing him beg his master to stop and that terrible scream at the end kind of shocked me and for a second I kind of felt sorry for him..a lot:mad:

Was it just me? or is it regarded as just another cheesy over the top scene?:dry:

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
It was a pity, that was possibly the most horrendous scene in the game. The screams of agony were just too soaked in verisimilitude.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Not sorry about what happened to him but sorry because of his naiveness. I mean, how could you ask the one who took the life of his own father and even his knight(s) were against his plans for help?
Mundus is ruthless to the point of being stupid. I could never expect that he could offer help to someone without that leading in some sort of favor of his own.

Griffon was brave and way too loyal for his own good. I mean I don't see Phandom battling Dante without a leg or something. And when he saw a glimpse of Sparda in Dante he was scared out of his almost dead mind, whereas Griffon only admired Dante.

Despite that, it was his own words that led to his demise. So I can't really feel sorry for him about it. It was just a bad thing that he served under Mundus in the first place.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I like chivalry and so I feel sorry for Griffon. Too bad but a role of a good guy would have suited someone of his spirit. He isn't treacherous, avaricious or particularly malicious. He just does as he's told, unquestioningly and with absolute loyalty and dignity.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The perfect underling if you ask me. Mundus was fortunate to have him under his service. Too bad his mission was to kill Dante.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Tony_Redgrave;52463 said:
Not sorry about what happened to him but sorry because of his naiveness. I mean, how could you ask the one who took the life of his own father and even his knight(s) were against his plans for help?
Mundus is ruthless to the point of being stupid. I could never expect that he could offer help to someone without that leading in some sort of favor of his own.

Griffon was brave and way too loyal for his own good. I mean I don't see Phandom battling Dante without a leg or something. And when he saw a glimpse of Sparda in Dante he was scared out of his almost dead mind, whereas Griffon only admired Dante.

Despite that, it was his own words that led to his demise. So I can't really feel sorry for him about it. It was just a bad thing that he served under Mundus in the first place.

Do you mean when he asks for one last surge of power? I thought that after the first two fights Griffon flew away to get more power and energy from Mundus to fight Dante again. Instead of having 3 bars worth of health and when the going gets rough he askes for help.

What I never got was how Griffon didnt really get the hint when Mundus stuck that :\ thing through him almost as if to say "well done Dante heres your passageway and ill get rid of the bird for you as well".

I mean he was raised up and then squashed with it so Mundus must have done it on purpose to kill 2 birds with one stone (no pun intended^_^ )

*Squash*
Mundus - Whoops! butterfingers..my bad:$

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I don't think that was Mundus. I think it was just the whole thing for the ritual. When Griffon almost lost consciousness there (like he does if you beat him a lot) the "place" took him for dead and activated passageway.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I feel sorry for Griffon, cause he was only doing his job and Mundus had to be a biznich and kill him. DUDE!!! This is a son of Sparda not some fruitcake full human ganster wannabe. He made it sound like killing Dante was a walk to the corner store for milk and butter. (He=Mundus.)

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I don't really feel sorry for him, I kind of thought he was annoying popping up in places. Sort of a relief when he finally died.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yeah, but Phantom was the a$$ clown rushing people down the hallways. >_> (Those parts scared the crap out of me.)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
How did Phandom show up here?
It's about Griffon.
Phandom is the easiest yet more annoying as a character boss in DMC1.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Thats what I was saying, Phantom is more annoiying. I was saying that because haven said that Griffin was anoiying.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
nope, dont feel sorry for him a bit. Griffon knew that he was working for an evil master, and he knew what would happen if he failed, so no i dont feel sorry for im. Horrible way to go but still he knew what he was getting himself into.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
i guess i do because Mundus knew that Griffon was'nt really a match for Dante, therefore he should'nt have expected so much from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom