• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GODZILLA

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm disappointed this godzilla doesn't look like a man wearing a rubber suit stomping city made of matchboxes&thermacoal.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Don't worry Vamp. Godzilla is a sight to behold in this movie.

It seems to me that many people are expecting it to be a pacific rim style kind of monster movie but really, despite this movie being more of a heisei era, the storytelling style is like the original Godzilla(1954) where they build up tension. Honestly, i'm actually itching to watch this again because of the climax but i guess i'll save that for the bluray xD

berto

I Saw the Devil
Godzilla himself was, by far, the least complainable thing about this movie, he was bad ass when ever he appeared. The issue was how little he was in screen. I wanted so much more of him.

Honestly, i'm actually itching to watch this again because of the climax but i guess i'll save that for the bluray xD

Not me, I'm watching it again with a different group of people tomorrow. HA HA!

That+awkward+moment+when+you+quote+Phil+Ken+Sebben+from+_a0a10c408f1a727fc06a4a5932b7e240.jpg

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Just came back from it. I was just blown away. I remember I use to be a fan of Godzilla way back when, so to see it again in such quality is definitely the best thing I've seen in a while. Hearing the roar for the first time in theaters was an experience I'll never forget. Though the parts with the people do feel a bit slow and in the way, I did enjoy the build up, and of course the music.

I plan on seeing this movie again in the IMAX theater, which has a wider screen, and thunderous surround sound.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Saw this movie opening day and I freaking had a great time.

It's kind of advertised wrong though because of what looks like a disaster movie starring Bryan Cranston acting like a rebirth of Godzilla is actually basically just like another entry in the franchise and that's not a bad thing.

When Godzilla first appears on screen I got goosebumps and wanted to get up and cheer. He is massive and the scale of the creatures are really represented in a way as the cinematography is top notch with scenes of horror movie-esque tension. Looks fantastic.

And the kaiju fighting each other is the Godzilla fight of dreams. IT'S PERFECT. This is the kind of fight you wanted to always see with Godzilla with the big money backing it.

While there are some thing that could use work this is still a movie totally worthy of the Godzilla name. If you are a Godzilla fan (like me that has like every damn movie basically) then you should appreciate this. All hail the King of Monsters as he returns in all his glory.
irXjv7facJ8Q1.gif

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS TYPE SEQUEL NOW PLEASE!

berto

I Saw the Devil
Saw it again on sat. I have to admit, the movie was far better the second time around. The things that bugged me before did not get that much in the way this time. Godzilla was just a bad ass, mo two way about it.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Just got back from seeing it and I was pretty surprised by how much I enjoyed it, when I heard Godzilla didn't have much screen time I started loosing interest in it, but since Wolfenstein The New Order was taking so long to install I went to see Godzilla to kill time.
Was pretty disappointed with that ending though.
When I saw Godzilla lying in the rubble at the end I thought that it would show this scene and then cut to credits, but him just giving an average roar and slowly sink into the ocean with silence then just sudden credits, didn't seem very Godzilla to me.

Still I enjoyed the movie.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Finally was able to get my friends to watch this with me(My first screening was regular and i'm alone while the cinema is filled with people with families and friends), this time in 3D and IMAX and i gotta say, i loved this movie even more. Sure, people can argue about how the characters are bland(except Bryan Cranston obviously) but i was able to appreciate Ford's character more.

That Kiss of Death scene will be probably one of my favorite death scene this year.

Top Bottom