• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GODZILLA

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ugh. This is just getting silly.

I'm sure that they have learned from that past sh!tty movie because this looks great.

Human drama was always an element in Godzilla movies. There's a lot of Godzilla flicks where we have a group of main human characters that don't take the back seat to "just get eaten" Godzilla became sort of an anti-hero too as the films went on who teamed up with them.

And hell, look at the original 1954 film. We had a cast of human characters that we focused on with their own subplots even while Godzilla ravaged Tokyo.

So this criticism is just silly and doesn't hold up much.

Loving this teaser and remember that's all it is, a teaser. There's HARDLY ANYTHING even revealed about this film. It's still shrouded in its secrectcy but it sure as hell is also doing an excellent job at building hype.

I like how Godzilla here is this destructive force of nature. That's pretty cool and also the actors they got for this movie are pretty awesome. Aaron Taylor Johnson and Elisabeth Olsen as well as HEISENBERG! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa buddy. I saw Walter White in there. After watching Breaking Bad, anything that guy's in now I'm basically watching. Funny how he use to be the dad in Malcolm in The Middle. Such a far cry from someone like Walter White.

Blade8513

From what little we see in this teaser I think its going to probably have elements of both classic Godzilla and the 98 version. He seems to look more like the original which I think is fantastic but I also think they will give him a similar skin tone as 98zilla and also make him a little less bulky so he can be and look more agile while at the same time still having the classic design that a lot of us love and grew up seeing.

Blade8513

I liked godzilla since the black & white movies, cheered for him in godzilla vs king kong.
Hover i like godzilla98 much better, & still do.
It's not the movie i liked but that design much better than the bulky godzilla.
I like the sleeker look just don't like the lack of fire breathing & durability.

To each his own but same here , I have been watching since the black and white movies ( I still have many of them on VHS as I was obsessed with Godzilla as a child) and I also wanted him to stomp King Kong, I also spent many hours playing destroy all monsters on the gamecube when it came out lol but I personally like the original design better, they veered away from the classic design too much for me in the 98 movie. But from what little we see in the trailer I think this godzilla design is like a fusion of the classic and the 98 versions, which should be awesome .

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
lol Yea, but how funny would that be.
They drug Godzilla, dump him on an abandoned island & he wakes up not knowing where he is LOL.
Godzilla_has_a_hangover_by_kim3707m.jpg

Blade8513

lol Yea, but how funny would that be.
They drug Godzilla, dump him on an abandoned island & he wakes up not knowing where he is LOL.

I'm sure there's many that do, but I will always like Godzilla98's design better.
The original just looked too much like it was designed........with a guy in a dinosaur suit.
Aside from that he was too bulky, too slow, tough YES but sluggish. Godzilla98 is faster, agile, sleek, doesn't look like an old man jumping.
Godzilla will always be the king of monsters, & YES over Mothra too! But to me Godzilla98 designed better for maneuverability.
If he had the original's durability & atomic fire breath, WOW!

Lol I never liked mothra that much so I put Godzilla above her too (If she is a girl I cant remember) but yeah it did look terrible because of the whole man in the suit thing but we have come so far since then I think they could make the original design look really good, I did like how 98 Godzilla was more agile, that's why im hoping they take elements from both the classic design and the 98 design for this movie, I think that would be perfect. But yeah I think I would have liked 98 a lot better if he had the atomic breath, I remember waiting the whole movie to see that but it never happened, im really interested as to which monster(s) will be in this movie, I was thinking about starting a thread to see what other people think.

Blade8513

Hmm that would be interesting but do you think they'd keep it Godzilla only since this is his origin movie reboot?
I don't think they'll setup a Godzilla origin & have Godzilla the good guy defending the city from another monster.
Maybe they'd pull a two for one thing where people lure Godzilla to fight a second monster then the military kills both.

But i think a second monster wouldn't work in this one.

Come on, i bet you they shaved half of king kong when he was drugged lol.

Yeah you have a good point there, there probably wont be any other monsters since this is like his origin movie, that will probably be in the next one if they make a sequel. But that is a good idea, maybe Godzilla's rampage and destruction awakens another monster and the people/military still haven't realized Godzilla is the good guy and also realize the two monsters are going to fight until one of them gets killed so they decide to let them fight it out so they don't have to try and take down 2 at the same time lol but like you said they probably wont introduce any other monsters until the next movie.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Seen the trailer when I went to the movies to watch The Hobit. And all I got to say is: I'm going to watch it! Hopefully this movie does Godzilla some justice; because I need some monster mayhem in my life.

Blade8513

Yea i don't know how a second monster would work in this.
I can't see in this that Godzilla being a goodguy saving the city from a second monster, that the military says HEY you're okay with us. And lets a gigantic monster run loose.
You saw how the military was with ManOfSteel.......& he spoke english.

Yeah I agree we probably wont see any other monsters until the next movie, because they aren't going to just assume the giant lizard walking on two legs destroying stuff they have just seen for the first time is a good guy and means well lol and I just saw man of steel the other night and I didn't dislike it as much as a lot of people did but I just saw a youtube video called everything wrong with man of steel and it was hilarious.

Blade8513

lol Can you see the military making battle to put on Godzilla.

2. ManOfSteel was okay, not great but okay.
And i gotta see that video then lol.
I found this though lol.

Ok i'm watching everything wrong with ManOfSteel & lol it is soooooo right, funny but very correct & that's why i didn't care for it as a movie.
Too many wrong things.

Lmao that's a good one too, but yeah I thought the MOS was decent but that everything wrong with video was pretty funny and very true, im addicted to those "everything wrong with videos" that dude has one for so many movies, like x-men 1,2,3 , iron man, thor, avengers, batman, green lantern, Halloween (Rob zombie) , Riddick, pitch black, insidious, amazing spiderman, wizard of oz, inception, world war z, the conjuring, saw, the expendables, mortal kombat, street fighter and so many more lol I love those videos

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
As long as I get to see a Japanese man scream GODZIWWAAAAAA at the top of his voice then I'm sold.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why do we have two Godzilla threads? Combine I say! Combine to make a bigger robot! (Sorry....Wrong TV mindset.... Sleek away, sleek away.) o_O

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think Godzilla might have to be that tick to be more realistic. Physics tells us that a creature as large as a building is far to big to be capable of walking, I keep hearing this though I don't know the specifics, but it makes sense. However, with a thick, muscular built all around I think I believe this to be a real creature.

Here is the extended trailer with the Comic-Con footage added.
The voice you are hearing is Robert Oppenheimer, head of the Manhattan project regarding nuclear weapons. A parallel theme that mirrors Ishiro Honda's message from the concept for the 1954 film, Godzilla representing nuclear power and armament and the terrors it can instill.

Last edited:

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
So i just got back from the theaters after watching this. The movie isn't really what Gareth Edwards is describing it to be in some of his interview. This is far from the first original movie but instead, it's more of a throw back to the heisei era of Godzilla. In this film Godzilla is the predator, the Mutos are the prey.

Now Godzilla himself is spectacular to behold. The CGI in my opinion, was really fantastic and top-notch, and this Godzilla design is smokin' and topped Godzilla millenium on my list. The fight scenes were also pretty good but it lacked the wow factor compared to pacific rim. The Atomic breath.... i was pretty mixed by it. For one it does looks realistic but it lacked the power of the previous atomic breaths. The human drama is good and all but it sometimes get in the way. For example, there are some scenes where Godzilla and the Mutos are fighting is being teased but it will immediately switch to the next scene which is annoying for me during the 2nd half. The third half however is just glorious.

Overall, this is a great Godzilla film and it definitely restores the franchise stomping glory and definitely a buy on bluray. I really hope there would be a sequel where it focuses more on Godzilla vs Humans. So go watch it now folks!

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Just got back from the movie. I have to agree with Sieghart on just about everything. It's nowhere near as serious as the trailers make it out to be. Serious, but not super so. A good movie, but it lacks the depth that Monsters did and it certainly lacks the depth the trailers seemed to promise. It also lacks the symbolism that the original did, which was a selling point for me.

Still a good way to waste 2 hours, though. Kinda wish I hadn't been told there was any use of the atomic breath and saved it as a surprise but I'll forgive you this once,
Sieghart.

Top Bottom