• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Genesis (Crisis Core) vs. Dante (DMC4 ; without DTing)

Genesis vs DMC4 Dante (without DTing)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

Completely ignoring your post and just considering your question in the end...I'll answer It.

It's not us, not some fan, but the Final Fantasy crew and creators themselves, who have confirmed Genesis and Sephiroth being equal in every aspect.

Zato-OW

King
Well there is proof that Genesis and Sephiroth are not equals but that's a whole other topic.

Anyway going from what I've seen from both of them I would say Dante would take this one. Even though their power seems to be somewhat close, Genesis is alot closer to having human limits then Dante in this matter which gives him a huge advantage over Genesis. Dante's overall regeneration rate if far ahead of Genesis.

Sparda™

^ Err, no.

Genesis and Sephiroth are both equal.

Genesis is a 1st Class SOLDIER whose combat abilities rank on par with Sephiroth, Shinra's greatest SOLDIER. Instead of mostly relying on his sword in battle, Genesis has a tendency to fight with magic as well as his weapon, sometimes even combining them and charging up his sword with magic. In this regard, he is akin to a Mystic Knight or Red Mage. Despite his body’s degradation throughout Crisis Core's, Genesis being in this weakened state was still able to continuously improve and become stronger and still prove to be a worthy adversary as the true final boss battle of said game. Keeping in mind that as seen in the extra ending of Dirge of Cerberus, he no longer shows any signs of degradation, thus no longer being in that weakened state. It is unclear how powerful Genesis is at this point.

Zato-OW

King
I don't know where you quoted that from but Square has it set that Sephiroth is the strongest character in FF7. They even stated that because of his strength and him being the "perfect" SOLDIER that he is not able to fight at 100% due to default, something about the fear of his creation, I don't remember exactly. He also is stated to always toy with his opponents in a battle.

UOG states that Genesis and Sephiroth were equal on combat ability. Genesis was superior in magical strength and Sephiroth was superior in physical strength and speed. Then Nomura and the Ultimania states that Sephiroth and Genesis were "suppose" to be equal. But that has yet to be proven because Sephiroth is half dead and Genesis is nowhere to be found. But if I'm going off assumption I would say Genesis could be as powerful as Sephiroth during/after DOC.

Zato-OW

King
Yup, I believe Genesis is as strong as Sephiroth in DOC well by default anyway but there is no real way to prove it. But if I am going by given facts then Sephiroth is far stronger and if he asorbs the life stream then uh...yeah. But hey he does got Sephiroth beat mentally, He played Sephiroth bad in CC.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;176192 said:
Yup, I believe Genesis is as strong as Sephiroth in DOC well by default anyway but there is no real way to prove it. But if I am going by given facts then Sephiroth is far stronger and if he asorbs the life stream then uh...yeah. But hey he does got Sephiroth beat mentally, He played Sephiroth bad in CC.

Exactly.

That's what I was thinking too.

They have their own strengths in different areas and that's why they equal each other. Genesis at the end of DOC seems turning good while Sephiroth being the villain.

Railazel

Well, on that note, then the fight will be close between Dante and Genesis. The only thing I've yet to figure out is who is stronger. I mean Genesis is equal to Sephiroth, provided by your evidence, but that just created more questions for me. If Genesis is as strong as Sephiroth, then that would mean that Dante would be utterly defeated, but I just don't think that Genesis has that much power. So, I'm just going to say what's on my mind; If Genesis' strength is magic, will it be enough to defeat Dante, who has face against every form of element (except lightning, I think) and even has some magic power himself? Also, who is faster? Genesis can attack with 3 slashes per second (from what I've seen, I'm not completely sure though) while Dante can strike with 5 or 6 slashes per second (that I'm sure of).

Sparda™

^ Not really.

Genesis outmatches Dante dramatically. Dante will have to switch to the Devil Trigger If he will hope to somehow match Genesis' power.

In the other hand, Genesis' ultimate power is somewhat 10x stronger than Dante's DT.

Ashelia_Crystl

You don't want to know ;)
Zato-OW;176160 said:
I don't know where you quoted that from but Square has it set that Sephiroth is the strongest character in FF7.

Actually... They didn't. Sephiroth was basicly an easy villain and nowhere near the top in my opinion. Genesis wasn't in the origional FF7 therfore how could he be in comparison at this point? Cloud defeated Sephiroth so basicly that shows that Sephiroth is er... Weak. As you see in Crisis Core Genesis is an equal match to Sephiroth wich shows both their capapilitly in a fight, plus the fact that Genesis never managed to be able to use his magic to his full potential in this fight.

My whole ramble there is just to prove that Sephiroth is nowhere near as strong as what you say SquareSoft made him out to be. (SquareSoft because they were the origional makers of the game.)

Ahem... Pardon me.

Sorry to get a little off topic but, On topic, I think that Genesis does have the capability to win Dante in a fight without Dante's devil Trigger. If he was able to use his speed, Strengh and magic to his full capability then he would undoubtably win.

Sparda™

^ Untrue.

Cloud winning against Sephiroth doesn't mean Sephiroth is weak.

It's just that 'Only Cloud can beat Sephitoth' crap. But we both know Sephiroth can slash Cloud and demolecularize him to nothing.

Ashelia_Crystl

You don't want to know ;)
^ Yeah just an example.
I mean that basicly Zack got his ass kicked by himm but Cloud managed to beat him somehow idk. But the point is Sephiroth isn't as tough as they portray in the origional FF. In Crisis Core he has people that can match up to his power.

Sparda™

^ Eh, no.

Cloud was made to be Sephiroth's counterpart and the only one who could beat him.

Genesis becomes the good guy in the end, and It would be cool If we'd see a Sephiroth VS Genesis showdown.

Railazel

Sparda's right on this one, Cloud is the only one who has the potential to defeat Sephiroth. Anyways, well, breaking it up into parts: Magic attacks wouldn't work since Dante would just dodge them, but Fire might work, though. If Gen was to charge up his sword with magic, it wouldn't make much of a difference since Dante's Rebellion is imbued with magic as well (I'm also assuming that its at its fullest potential). The only chance I see for Genesis is that he has the speed to chop Dante into itty bits, which I said before that he has less swing speed than Dante, but, again, I wasn't sure. There is also the fact of Dante's Ebony and Ivory. I doubt that Genesis can block all of the bullets (he would have to be at Vergil's level in order to douse Dante's rapid fire action, but that is still open for debate). I would say that he can block some, but not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom