• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Generation Zero

Dark Drakan

Admin
header.jpg

Another game I had my eye on recently was Avalanche Studios (Just Cause/Rage 2) new shooter Generation Zero. Based in an alternate history 1980’s Sweden where machines of unknown origin roam the streets. I have been keeping an eye out for more games that have a decent co-op option incorporated into them and this was looking good based on previews.

Game Info
Welcome to 1980’s Sweden. The local population has gone missing, and machines of unknown origin roam the streets. Explore this vast open world to unravel the mystery of the invaders, perfect your fighting strategies and prepare to strike back. In Generation Zero, living is winning.

• Survive in a Hostile Open World: Take on missions and challenges throughout the open world to unravel more of the mystery, while scavenging for weapons and supplies to help you stay alive

• Get Ready. Then Fight Back: Tactfully combine weapons, skills and equipment, to lure, cripple, and destroy your enemies.

• 1-4 Player Seamless Multiplayer: Play alone, or team-up with up to three friends as you collaborate and combine your unique skills to take down enemies.

• Stealth and Strategy. Co-Operate to Live: Some enemies are too powerful to attack head-on, which is when you should adopt stealth tactics by moving silently, exploiting the enemy’s senses and using the environment to your advantage.

• 1980’s Nostalgia: Among the loot, you will find outfits and hairstyles to recreate your favorite 1980s style to take on the machines in style.

GAME WILL LAUNCH ON 26TH MARCH (STEAM LINK)
(Also available on XB1 & PS4)

Dark Drakan

Admin

Generation Zero launches on March 26 on PC ($35), and PS4 and Xbox One ($40). It's born from an unusual place -- open-world mayhem mixed with realistic hunting. It's rooted in unrelenting commitment to principles. Regardless of how this game turns out, it's admirable that Avalanche made Generation Zero the way the studio wanted to make it, and not on anyone else's terms.​

Dark Drakan

Admin
Already plan to pick this up and play it on my Xbox one X and shiny new Qled TV

Nice to see someone who has heard of it, not one person I’ve spoke to had heard of it until I showed them. Really hoping it ends up decent as it’s looking pretty good and I need a decent co-op game on PC.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I saw it ages back , and it looked good

I picked up earthfall too which is a bit similar to it

I had heard of Earthfall but saw the reviews werent great so passed it by.

Just hoping that some of the bugs from the Generation Zero Beta are ironed out and they have taken some of the UI concerns from players on board. Im mainly hoping that there is enough variation in the game, from cosmetics for characters to customisation of guns and items and hoping there is decent mission variation and structure. Dont want it to simply be a case of 'Go to point A & destroy something' then 'Go to Point B & collect something' rinse and repeat.

Top Bottom