• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gears of War 3

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
It is official. Gears of War 3 was announced a while back as many of you know, and today, they've released an 'Announcement' trailer, dubbed "Ashes to Ashes"...I don't how many of you care, but hopefully, I've spread the good news to a few people. I, personally, will probably shrivel up and die in the coming year waiting on this game. Bernie Mataki ftw (Even though that's not her in the trailer).

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Gears+of+War+3+Ashes+to+Ashes&aq=f
^Ashes to Ashes

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I only liked the first game because of the unnecessarily awesome penis extension chainsaw Lancer gun and nothing else.

Might have to pass on this one.

EDIT: Meh, you have a trailer, let's discuss that.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Cant wait for the 4 player co-op, enjoyed the first two and this is looking better than both of them judging by the list of improvements ive read.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I just found out a bit more about the game. Apparently, Gears of War 3 WILL correspond with the Novels (which are amazing) and the game's story will, in fact, be written by the author of the novels, Karen Traviss. If this is correct, which I am going by the official site, then this game will have a GREAT story. I can't wait to get my hands on that old Pendulum Wars Lancer model. Thing looked sweet.

I've just got to get through summer, and then I can get the third book when it comes out, and read that...which will probably tide me over until Gears 3 comes out. XD I must have it o_O

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
If people are curious...here's the order that the storyline goes for all of the Gears of War franchise (minus the movie because I have insufficient information on that)

Gears of War: Anvil Gate (Prequel Sections)
Gears of War: Aspho Fields (Prequel Sections)
Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant (Prequel Sections)
Gears of War: The Quickening (Comic)
Gears of War
Gears of War: Aspho Fields (Sequel Sections)
Gears of War: Hollow (Comic Arc)
Gears of War: Barren (Comic Arc)
Gears of War 2
Gears of War: Harper's Story (Comic - GoW2 period)
Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant (Sequel Sections)
Gears of War: Anvil Gate (Sequel Sections)
Gears of War 3

Congratulations...you now know the order of everything...provided you didn't already.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Yes, indeed it is. And it will end with a bang. I can feel it o_O

~jk, but it will be an epic closing for one of my favorite games ever.

Dark Drakan

Admin
At least they wont milk the series and turn it into a mere cash cow. Plus Epic can concentrate on making new games with the updated engine.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I agree. Gears of War does not deserve to be whittled down to nothing but a series made for money. Series that end are better. That's why I like Halo so much, because although they are still going to come out with one more game, the series has technically ended with Halo 3. And the story was amazing. Same thing goes for Gears of War.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
The things that needed to be fixed were the ranking system (as stated above), the matchmaking system (That was pretty bad on Gears 2. They should have just stuck with picking matches like in Gears 1) and then the final thing is the Shotgun. I know they had a good intention with slowing the shots down, and weakening the weapon itself...but they REALLY slowed the gun down too much.

Things I liked about the new multiplayer were the fact that you would be slowed down from being shot while roadie running, and I liked the fact that they powered up the Lancer too.

Top Bottom