• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gaming Injuries...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Yup... you read right... Gaming injuries.

What with the invention of the Wiimote, there is probably a good chance that a few of us have hurt ourselves.

Last night i was playing as Vergil on DMC3:SE, my thumb slipped off the left stick and got caught under the nail. I now have a lovely bruise there.

I have based myself on items in the room while using the wiimote. (Its a small house, not very good for Wii use.)

I just wondered if you guys have done anything stupid wholst gaming.

aka958

Don't trust people
I had broken Nintendo 64 controllers, their analog sticks where loose and i had to pull it out on the edge for mario to sneak in Super Mario 64, my gaming injury comes from my thumb when i tried to play mario but i played at least 30 hours of gameplay on that game with broken controllers. I got used to it and later i couldn't write because it hurt when i tried to hold the pen -.- .

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not much, although I had once played Metroid Prime 3 for so long on the Wii that my hands went numb...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I never had any injuries.My consoles had though along with some games.Strangelly though,the only things that really broke were my sega mega drive controller[a and b buttons not responding unless fixed] and my game boy advance's d -pad[can't go down].On a side note,those were the weaker ones.While i was smaller i was clumsier with my possesions,yet apart from tiny scratches nothing serious ever happened.I guess they take after me a bit...kidding.[Not :p they really are like me.Sturdy and long lasting.]

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Um...heheh...:| ... when I really get into playing guitar hero, I tend to miss the drum completely and wack my leg with the drum stick instead. And not once, quite a few times in sequence. :wacko:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;199062 said:
Oh, i had a good electric shock once when i plugged in my PS1.

Heh. That happened to my friend when he tried to plug in his power strip. I saw a few sparks, his hair went up and the next thing I knew, he was on the floor yelling "holy crap! That felt SOOOO weird..."

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Had blisters when playing DMC and Tekken 5. Pressed the buttons too hard and fastly resulted blisters on my fingers. :lol:

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I think i got off quite lightly with that shock.
That happened at night, and the bang woke eveybody up...
I have also had a piece of plastic fly out of the PS1 from the bit that holds the disc.

Durante

Dead
My brother pulled my ps2 by the controller and my ps2 fell down while the disc flew outta console and it flied straight at me :lol: FLYING DISC OF DEATH :D otherwise i don't get injuries,only sudden shocks on some games :lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Back in the days where I spent hours mastering combos and flawlessly doing levels on Devil May Cry 3, untouched by any enemy because I was so damn good at dodging, jump cancelling and various combos and all that jazz. Well, three words for you.

Repetitive. Strain. Injury.

Meg

One time I got so mad at the game I was playing I punched my leg repeatedly. That was stupid.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
I had a stupid injury when palying DBZ on GameBoy(the oldest one). I was just about to defeat Piccolo, because i gradually sucked at that game, and i mistakenly used punch instead of kick which resulted in Goku`s death, out of anger i set my GB flying straght at the wall and then it fell on my legs thumb... Stupid to the extreme, but that was one thing i`ll never forget, because i laughed my @55 off then aswell, because it was stupidly funny.

DanteMustNotDie

I smashed my PS2 controlled into my leg once. Accidently hit myself in the...groin with a Wii Remote.

Tripped off the Wii Fit balance board. Ect.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I must say, i've been using my 360 controller as a paperweight ;) Those things (witha rechargeable battery in it are damn heavy)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow... This is less of an injuries thread as it is a "how stupidly can you hurt yourself with gaming hardware" thread...

BTW, I really liked your story, Durante. FLYING DISC OF DEATH FTW!

Top Bottom